Any tips on getting FTTF?

aknguyen

I have 220 days until my sailing on Vista. I have been trying to sign up for FTTF since right after we booked in July and it shows sold out every time. I check every few days. I saw someone on my roll call was able to sign up for it but it showed sold out by the time I looked that same day. Do you have any tips on when they release more spots? Is there a better day of the week or time of day? Thanks!

They don't always release more spots. It all depends on how many d/p guests are on the sailing. They release an initial amount which usually sells out pretty fast. (Our sailing for May 2019 sold out in May 2018 in just under 8 hours). 

If someone cancels FTTF then that slot gets released back into the pool.

If someone has FTTF and cancels their cruise, that slot gets released back into the pool.

Also 90 days prior to your sailing some people don't make their final payment and their FTTF will go back to the pool.

Carnival can of course release more slots at any given time but it really depends on how many d/p are booked. Just keep checking. When I say keep checking, I mean check hourly, not just once a day.

Good luck!

Keep try daily, a few times a day.  I had the same issue for my Sunshine cruise and scored it about two to three months before the cruise. 

When I got it, it was early in the morning around 7:00 a.m. ET.

Good luck and have a great cruise!!

Edited by Cruiseman38

I know this sounds a bit obsessive, but I really wanted it, so I started checking in February for my March 2019 Breeze Cruise, and checked about 20x a day. Then one day it popped up around 4pm, and I grabbed it! It was sold out in a matter of hours that night! Everyone says to keep checking, because sometimes more may pop up later, closer to your cruise, once some people cancel. 

I swear that I have seen several accounts of people getting FTTF at about 4 in the morning.  Just keep at it.  I was bored and decided to search for it one early morning.  It was available and I felt like I caught a fish!  I didn't buy it because I really didn't want it but it was a good hunt. 😉

I'm leaving tomorrow on the Glory.  I noticed last night or this morning that FTTF was showing as available, even though it's been sold out for months.  So don't give up!  It's "sold out" again now.

Edited by RW_MI

1 hour ago, LuckyStar said:

I swear that I have seen several accounts of people getting FTTF at about 4 in the morning.  Just keep at it.  I was bored and decided to search for it one early morning.  It was available and I felt like I caught a fish!  I didn't buy it because I really didn't want it but it was a good hunt. 😉

That is hilarious!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RW_MI said:

I'm leaving tomorrow on the Glory.  I noticed last night or this morning that FTTF was showing as available, even though it's been sold out for months.  So don't give up!  It's "sold out" again now.

Good to know. Going on the Glory in May. Been looking everyday several times a day. 

1 hour ago, Imyourwildangel said:

Stupid question...what is FTTF??

Faster to the Fun. It is a program you can purchase that gives you certain perks like early boarding, early access to your cabin, priority line at guest services, early debarkation, priority luggage, and a few other things. It costs $100 for a 7 day cruise, with a lower cost for shorter cruises. Personally I think it is a waste of money, but you will find a lot of posters on this board who love the FTTF Program. 

2 hours ago, Imyourwildangel said:

Stupid question...what is FTTF??

Check for excursions for your cruise in Cruise Manager.  Go to Port 1, which will be your home port for that particular cruise.

If FTTF is being sold for your cruise a full explanation will be available there, including the cost for that sailing.

It isn't offered on all sailings.  When it is offered it often sells out relatively quickly, but people continue to check after it is sold out in case of cancellations, or in case Carnival offers more slots around final payment date.

I booked my next cruise about 160 days out. FTTF was sold out until 50 days out. I just checked the website every day until it became available. I suggest making your Carnival login page your browser home page and save the FTTF "excursion" in your favorites list. Then it's easy and quick to check each day. Good luck!

I was just able to grab FTTF for my cruise next August. Unfortunately, I was only able to get it for one of my two cabins, so now I have to re-stalk for the other. I have plenty of time of course, but annoyed that it sold out again between my transactions. 

I actually called to ask if I could buy both at one, and the answer seems to be know. You can only buy for one cabin at a time. Must be in separate transactions. Anyone heard otherwise?

I have done FTTF.  Much better to be one of the last passengers to board.  Literally no one in line, no crowds, no waiting for anything.  Lunch on shore should always be better than fighting for a table on the Lido deck.  Last time we left out of New Orleans we were having so much fun in The French Quarter we almost missed the ship.

23 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

I have done FTTF.  Much better to be one of the last passengers to board.  Literally no one in line, no crowds, no waiting for anything.  Lunch on shore should always be better than fighting for a table on the Lido deck.  Last time we left out of New Orleans we were having so much fun in The French Quarter we almost missed the ship.

You didn’t miss spending $100 so you could be on the ship a few hours earlier and access your room before 1:30 PM?

10 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You didn’t miss spending $100 so you could be on the ship a few hours earlier and access your room before 1:30 PM?

Technically not even that:

Spending $100 to get on board probably an average 30 min earlier than the "rest of the crowd" if you snag an early check-in time, with room access probably no more than 2 to 2.5 hrs before everyone else. 

I know it is valuable to some, so I'm glad it is available for those folks.  For us, not so much. Our check-in time for our cruise next month is 11:30 to 12noon.  We'll probably be on board with our carry on (a backpack each) by 12:30.  I think we'll survive an hour having a couple of drinks and a Guy's Burger before sauntering to the room to drop off stuff.   But we don't have kids, just the two of us.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

My cruise is Nov 2019. Every day I go to Port 1 and it says we are still scheduling shore excursions.

It's only a 3 day cruise so will it have  Faster to the Fun? I really want it since it is such a short cruise. Also about the only thing my hubby dislikes about the cruise is hauling our carry on luggage on the first day as we wait for our room.

Thank you all for the posts on this. It's very helpful!