BEST AQUA CABINS ON SUMMIT

elliekate

Many sun-lovers like the A1 cabins on deck 11 because their balconies are not covered. However, when out on the balconies there can be noise from the movies on deck 12. The five aft facing A1 cabins on deck 11 have much larger balconies.

Two of the best A2 cabins on deck 9 are 9038 and 9043 because they have larger angled balconies; however they are below the Solarium and sometimes have a little noise from towel carts or the rearranging of deck chairs in the early morning.

Finally, some like the A2 cabins on deck 9 that are aft of the midship elevator since they are under the carpeted Oceanview Cafe rather than the pool deck.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2018 at 10:22 PM, NantahalaCruiser said:

Many sun-lovers like the A1 cabins on deck 11 because their balconies are not covered. However, when out on the balconies there can be noise from the movies on deck 12. The five aft facing A1 cabins on deck 11 have much larger balconies.

Two of the best A2 cabins on deck 9 are 9038 and 9043 because they have larger angled balconies; however they are below the Solarium and sometimes have a little noise from towel carts or the rearranging of deck chairs in the early morning.

Finally, some like the A2 cabins on deck 9 that are aft of the midship elevator since they are under the carpeted Oceanview Cafe rather than the pool deck.

Hi

Do you happened to know where/how far the carpeted area of the cafe goes..so which A2s on 9 may be desireable? I find mixed infor on the M class cabins thread and not everyone posts their results. TYIA

On 10/31/2018 at 6:46 PM, elliekate said:

IS THERE A LIST FOR THE BEST AQUA CLASS CABINS ON SUMMIT?  OR, ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?

"Best"  comes down to personal preference.  They all have pros and cons.

In general, deck 9 is "best" for shade lovers and deck 11 is "best" for sun lovers.

The cabins across the back of deck 11 have larger balconies, but they also have drawbacks that many dislike. 

The view from those balconies across the back of the ship is like looking out at the ocean from a high apartment or hotel room located about a block away from the water, so you can't look straight down to the water. 

The downward view is obstructed by a large public deck that juts out below you,  which some  dislike while others don't mind.  Those balconies at the back can sometimes be noisy.

The tradeoff is getting a larger balcony and aft view in exchange for the obstructions. 

The deck below sticks out much further than just having a lifeboat below you would..

Also, there are exterior stairs at the back of the ship that go down to the sunset bar and oceanview cafe below, but  those are very steep stairs, so not a plus for everyone.

11 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Hi

Do you happened to know where/how far the carpeted area of the cafe goes..so which A2s on 9 may be desireable? I find mixed infor on the M class cabins thread and not everyone posts their results. TYIA

9127-9137 and 9108-9116 are under the carpeted area. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2018 at 7:22 PM, NantahalaCruiser said:

Folks that sounds like my kind of space if I had to pick a cabin.

Edited by Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter

Our favorite cabin is 1140 - middle one in the back of the ship.  noise from above has always been minimal - the long length of the balcony provides both shade and sun, and we enjoy the music at night coming from the oceanview bar.  Easy to also grab a drink from the bar and bring up to the balcony.  Everyone has reasons they love one room over another and for us its 1140 on the M Class ships.

3 hours ago, archerniak said:

Our favorite cabin is 1140 - middle one in the back of the ship.  noise from above has always been minimal - the long length of the balcony provides both shade and sun, and we enjoy the music at night coming from the oceanview bar.  Easy to also grab a drink from the bar and bring up to the balcony.  Everyone has reasons they love one room over another and for us its 1140 on the M Class ships.

We're with you and have this cabin booked.

We were hoping to get one of the three middle cabins 1140 and either one on each side and we’re very happy that we were able to get 1140! Have not been in it yet but read great reviews look forward to the bigger balcony and since it’s going to Canada I’m sure will not be too loud above with the movies !  I love the idea of easy access to the Sunset bar !

Just came back from Constellation and had 1130.  Absolutely love this cabin because we were able to push the little table over next to the railing/staircase and would get drinks and plates of food and would lean over and put them on the table as we climbed the stairs.  It was great.  I also brought some peel off shelf paper, (doesn’t stick much or leave a mark) so we could have a little privacy from below.  Some pictures of our 1130 balcony 

we are booked in 1140 next year, as it opened up surprisingly, but we had originally booked 9038 for its’ larger balcony 

C1165F90-D344-4D38-A0EF-B1CA193F6C71.jpeg

5056872C-CD88-4A6E-951F-185A223CCE20.jpeg

BEE68160-B394-4EBC-945A-41694050CC98.jpeg

Edited by MCazer

20 hours ago, sdnich said:

We were hoping to get one of the three middle cabins 1140 and either one on each side and we’re very happy that we were able to get 1140! Have not been in it yet but read great reviews look forward to the bigger balcony and since it’s going to Canada I’m sure will not be too loud above with the movies !  I love the idea of easy access to the Sunset bar !

You're going to love it.  Just of the Summit in cabin 1140.  Could not hear any noise when the balcony door was closed.  The extra long balcony was a treat. Quick walk down to the buffet in the morning or for a quick snack or 4.  

2 minutes ago, chrismakris said:

You're going to love it.  Just of the Summit in cabin 1140.  Could not hear any noise when the balcony door was closed.  The extra long balcony was a treat. Quick walk down to the buffet in the morning or for a quick snack or 4.  

Have you ever been on deck 11 during rough seas or a transatlantic?

5 hours ago, Fogfog said:

We were in 1130 during the storms in Italy and France.  We missed Portofino, and Livorno and were hold up in LaSpezia.  Horrible storms, and I did not see anyone sick, and I slept fine.  Our furniture on our deck did get moved around, but not bad.

i have never gotten sea sick, and this was my worst storm on a ship. 

1 minute ago, MCazer said:

We were in 1130 during the storms in Italy and France.  We missed Portofino, and Livorno and were hold up in LaSpezia.  Horrible storms, and I did not see anyone sick, and I slept fine.  Our furniture on our deck did get moved around, but not bad.

i have never gotten sea sick, and this was my worst storm on a ship. 

TY

We have the aft booked for each of two TAs... Realize we are taking a risk on wave action

We've been in some heavy seas in one of those aft cabins and have not had a problem.

They are worth booking at any time since the captain tries his, or her, best to avoid rough weather. It doesn't always work out that way but I wouldn't trade a 11aft for a deck 3 midships cabin ever.

Here's a little paranoid question....

We're booked on Summit in Feb 2020 (post "Revolution") in rooms 9084-9086-9088.    Looking at stock photos there seems to be an access ladder outside one of the cabins near there.    At first look it seems like its a little further aft of our cabins, but hard to tell for sure.    Does anyone have info or photos about rooms in this area and what cabins the ladder affects ?   

If you look closely (or zoom), you can see the access ladder to which I refer.    And oddly it doesn't seem to be there in all pictures I see.

celebrity-summit-cruise-ship-in-bermuda.

Edited by zdad59

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 7:57 PM, MCazer said:

Just came back from Constellation and had 1130.  Absolutely love this cabin because we were able to push the little table over next to the railing/staircase and would get drinks and plates of food and would lean over and put them on the table as we climbed the stairs.  It was great.  I also brought some peel off shelf paper, (doesn’t stick much or leave a mark) so we could have a little privacy from below.  Some pictures of our 1130 balcony 

we are booked in 1140 next year, as it opened up surprisingly, but we had originally booked 9038 for its’ larger balcony 

C1165F90-D344-4D38-A0EF-B1CA193F6C71.jpeg

5056872C-CD88-4A6E-951F-185A223CCE20.jpeg

BEE68160-B394-4EBC-945A-41694050CC98.jpeg

Hey there.. Was your bed by the balconey or bath? Trying to guess as the X website deck pan does not show any of the aft cabins on 11 having sofa beds,,,so I can't "count" from those little black squares.

TYIA

On 12/14/2018 at 12:55 PM, chrismakris said:

Agreed. We have stayed in 1140 and 1141. Fabulous location. Great views.

_MG_4048.JPG

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

99% sure the bed is next to the bathroom.

To answer your rough sea question: We were on rough seas for a while on a transatlantic. The furniture on the deck slid back and forth. A vase full of flowers slid off of the table. We taped the drawers shut otherwise they would have opened and shut repeatedly.

No problems with seasickness. We thought the rough ride was fun.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:22 PM, NantahalaCruiser said:

I discovered this thread the other day about the same time as me taking a look at what Aqua Class cabins were available on my upcoming Summit cruise.  Suffice to say I was pleasantly surprised that stateroom 9043 was available.  I called up celebrity immediately and asked them to move me into that cabin from my current reservation on deck 11. 

Thank you so much for posting here and fortunately it was my lucky day that 9043 was available.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:57 PM, Fogfog said:

We were on deck 11 (all aft cabins) on the Eclipse (Solstice class, not M class like Summit) on a November TA with 14-foot seas.  Our cabin (2109 - great cabin!) was closer to mid-ship.  Although I never felt sick, I was dizzy.  I didn't realize that was seasickness until other passengers told me. Once I started taking Bonine, I was fine.