NCL cruise available on other sites but not NCL.com...

Norovirus595

The Gem 7-day to the Bahamas leaving this Saturday just vanished from NCL.com. Bunch of rooms left. 

Then poof, it vanished. I assumed it sold out, but then I checked another travel site and the same sailing is available, with pretty much all of the same rooms that had been showing on NCL's site just a few hours earlier. 

What gives? 

Large travel agencies can and do book large blocks of rooms, NCL gives them a discount based on the number of rooms blocked. The agency has a limited amount of time to sell them before they return to NCL inventory - inventory that is in flux.

NCL also has frequent computer glitches  - I know as on my last booking I was in the middle of it when I was booted off - had to wait until the next day to do it. Lucky for me the cabin I wanted was still there,

The link says the page took a permenent vacation!  I am having this happen with my 2019 Golden Week on the Jewel leaving from Tokyo.  We are booked, and no sign of the cruise is showing on the website.  I called NCL and they assured me I have a resv. but I am still worried that my rewv. for cruise will be cancelled and maybe  is being chartered.  It does not show on NCL as sold out.  It is simply nonexistent!  Also not showing on most other online TAs websites.

10 minutes ago, lumpkin8 said:

The link says the page took a permenent vacation!  I am having this happen with my 2019 Golden Week on the Jewel leaving from Tokyo.  We are booked, and no sign of the cruise is showing on the website.  I called NCL and they assured me I have a resv. but I am still worried that my rewv. for cruise will be cancelled and maybe  is being chartered.  It does not show on NCL as sold out.  It is simply nonexistent!  Also not showing on most other online TAs websites.

Now, it has taken a permanent vacation because the cruise leaves tomorrow.  I would bet all the other sites no longer list this one now either.  It's took take to book the day before departure tomorrow.

But I can assure you the cruise you were talking about did indeed show up on NCL's site yesterday otherwise I wouldn't have been able to search for it and find that link.

12 minutes ago, lumpkin8 said:

Is it this one?  Or is there another one that you are booked on?

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/15-day-transpacific-from-tokyo-yokohama-JEWEL15YOKSAPPETSWDJNUICYKTNVAN?cruiseTour=1&embarkationport=4294942298&autoPopulate=f&cruiseHotel=1&numberOfGuests=4294953449&pageSize=10&ships=4294961194&cruise=1&sortBy=Featured&from=resultPage&state=undefined&currentPage=1&cruiseHotelAir=1&itineraryCode=JEWEL15YOKSAPPETSWDJNUICYKTNVAN

No it is a dif. cruise.  8 day Golden Week, RT Yokohama/Tokyo     April 27 thru May 5.    It is the cruise before this link.  ANd the Ajpril 17 thru 27 cruise is a chartered cruise that ends in Tokyo on April 27.  But then my 8 day cruise (4/27-5/5) never shows up.

1 hour ago, lumpkin8 said:

No it is a dif. cruise.  8 day Golden Week, RT Yokohama/Tokyo     April 27 thru May 5.    It is the cruise before this link.  ANd the Ajpril 17 thru 27 cruise is a chartered cruise that ends in Tokyo on April 27.  But then my 8 day cruise (4/27-5/5) never shows up.

Ah.  The one I posted was the only Tokyo departure that showed up on NCL, Expedia or Priceline.  Could be that it's sold out and that's why it isn't online.  Who knows. I did see where the one you mentioned being chartered was a charter before hand.