Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

I was looking for Apex info and found the following, directed at TA's (my bolding and underling):

" Jo Rzymowska, Celebrity’s vice-president and managing director UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific, told TTG while the schedule for Apex’s UK visit was “not fully finalised”, two pre-inaugural sailings were likely.

“It will be the hottest ticket in town,” she said. “We’ll be able to entertain more partners, and we want to make sure agents get the chance to appreciate what Celebrity Cruises is all about – we want to bring energy and excitement to the market.”

Discussing potential new features onboard Apex, Rzymowska said despite the vessel being a sister ship to Edge – the second of five planned Edge-class vessels – “there is always something slightly different about family members”.

After launch, Apex will cruise five ex-UK itineraries before being based in the Mediterranean for the rest of the summer. The lead-up to Apex, Rzymowska said, would echo that of Edge, which launched last December, using “reveal events” to “build up the excitement”. "

I saw that the first cruise was on April 1st on another site, which would make sense if there were two X 2 night Press and Trade cruises prior to the April 5th Inaugural voyage. The Edge had a 2 night shakedown cruise for crew and 3 X Press and Trade cruises that were 2 nights each prior to the 2 X 3 night Preview cruises. They may do the naming ceremony on one of those Press and Trade cruises, as they did on one of the Edge's Press and Trade cruises. Seating was limited since it was in the theater (holds ~ 950) and they need to invite execs, VIPs, likely major stockholders, etc.

I was wondering if they would do the reveal events again since dining, spa, staterooms, suite amenities will be the same or quite similar - the excitement will be in the changes, I guess.  Maybe a reading nook or a T Pool (I can dream). Hopefully they will start revealing some Apex info to get the excitement rolling! 🙂

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I was looking for Apex info and found the following, directed at TA's (my bolding and underling):

" Jo Rzymowska, Celebrity’s vice-president and managing director UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific, told TTG while the schedule for Apex’s UK visit was “not fully finalised”, two pre-inaugural sailings were likely.

“It will be the hottest ticket in town,” she said. “We’ll be able to entertain more partners, and we want to make sure agents get the chance to appreciate what Celebrity Cruises is all about – we want to bring energy and excitement to the market.”

Discussing potential new features onboard Apex, Rzymowska said despite the vessel being a sister ship to Edge – the second of five planned Edge-class vessels – “there is always something slightly different about family members”.

After launch, Apex will cruise five ex-UK itineraries before being based in the Mediterranean for the rest of the summer. The lead-up to Apex, Rzymowska said, would echo that of Edge, which launched last December, using “reveal events” to “build up the excitement”. "

I saw that the first cruise was on April 1st on another site, which would make sense if there were two X 2 night Press and Trade cruises prior to the April 5th Inaugural voyage. The Edge had a 2 night shakedown cruise for crew and 3 X Press and Trade cruises that were 2 nights each prior to the 2 X 3 night Preview cruises. They may do the naming ceremony on one of those Press and Trade cruises, as they did on one of the Edge's Press and Trade cruises. Seating was limited since it was in the theater (holds ~ 950) and they need to invite execs, VIPs, likely major stockholders, etc.

I was wondering if they would do the reveal events again since dining, spa, staterooms, suite amenities will be the same or quite similar - the excitement will be in the changes, I guess.  Maybe a reading nook or a T Pool (I can dream). Hopefully they will start revealing some Apex info to get the excitement rolling! 🙂

Wish they also invite Zeniths and Elite Plus other than the execs, VIPs, likely major stockholders.

51 minutes ago, verizon said:

Wish they also invite Zeniths and Elite Plus other than the execs, VIPs, likely major stockholders.

Maybe this one will be outside with more space and some Zeniths will be invited to go to that or will be invited on the Press and Trade cruises.

47 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Maybe this one will be outside with more space and some Zeniths will be invited to go to that or will be invited on the Press and Trade cruises.

With the UK weather, don't think so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SausPud said:

With the UK weather, don't think so.

Right, being April, you are probably right! I have been there around that time and it was pretty cool and rainy. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

Just now, vtcruising said:

Right, being April, you are probably right! I have been there around that time and it was pretty cool and rainy. 🙂

Cool and rainy is the summer, April will be wet and windy.

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I read that article too. X is keeping to their usual new ship launch. 😉

Anyway I'm looking forward to the reveals.

• Like 2

3/13/2017 was the staterooms and unique new features reveal. They revealed the IVs, RTG, MC, Suite amenities (addition of Retreat suite sundeck, new name for Michael's Club - Retreat Lounge - and new suites). I remember the day well since I booked my Jan, 2019 cruise that day! 🙂

4/2017   Godmother reveal

6/2017   Eden reveal

9/2017   Meeting Place reveal

2/2018   Dining reveal

5/2018   Spa reveal

8/2018   Theater/Entertainment reveal

9/2018    Grand Plaza reveal

Shops were a bit later, I think

Let's hope they start soon!

If you select Edge at the top of the page in the link below, you can see Celebrity's Edge press releases since 2014.

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-releases/#1

Edited by vtcruising

On 6/5/2019 at 8:45 PM, vtcruising said:

I was very bad and booked another Apex cruise a couple days ago.... I haven't talked to my DH yet. If we go, let's just say that it will be amazing!! 🙂

How many  do you have booked?

Are you still  booked for Nov 2020?

Keeping it or did you trade for the Oct 2020?

If  still onboard, we  are hoping you'll come to Venice Fl post cruise.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:06 PM, vtcruising said:

Originally, they were going to name the first two ships Edge and Beyond - it was in the original press releases. For some reason the second one was changed to Apex and they've talked about Beyond for one of the 3 remaining after the Apex.  I like Beyond, Luxe and Pinnacle myself. 🙂

I think APEX ( which I hate) is kind of redundant with PINNACLE......

I like LUXE

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

How many  do you have booked?

Are you still  booked for Nov 2020?

Keeping it or did you trade for the Oct 2020?

If  still onboard, we  are hoping you'll come to Venice Fl post cruise.

Actually, I booked the April 5, 2020 Maiden Voyage cruise. I originally didn't think we could do it because of the FPC the week before. I checked and was able to book flights the afternoon of debarkation from the Flower Power cruise from FLL to London. We will be there at 8 AM the next day and have time to take a car to the Southampton port (we've done it before and it was 11/2 to 2 hrs). Instead of "Live from the Apex," I might title my thread "Dead from the Apex". 😉

I have kept the Nov 2020 cruise for now - that will be such a fun cruise! I am hoping to make it to Venice some time to see your place - it sounds lovely (and my brother lives so close to you that I could visit them as well).  🙂

Edited by vtcruising

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

I like LUXE

I don’t care for Apex either.

Interestingly, there was an article (can’t find it right now) where a X executive was talking about the Edge and described it as “the pinnacle” so I have a feeling that Pinnacle may be coming.

• Like 2

Yes, the lesser of evils for me - I dislike Opus and Elegance just doesn't fit, IMO, so leaves Beyond, Pinnacle and Luxe of those trademarked so far.

I suppose "Ellie" would be a cute nickname for the Elegance, Beyond could be the "Bee", but "Opie" for the Opus would be horrible. 🙂

I don't like the name Apex either - maybe had something to do with being first alphabetically when travel agents pulled up cruises. 😉

Edited by vtcruising

14 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Actually, I booked the April 5, 2020 Maiden Voyage cruise. I originally didn't think we could do it because of the FPC the week before. I checked and was able to book flights the afternoon of debarkation from the Flower Power cruise from FLL to London. We will be there at 8 AM the next day and have time to take a car to the Southampton port (we've done it before and it was 11/2 to 2 hrs). Instead of "Live from the Apex," I might title my thread "Dead from the Apex". 😉

I have kept the Nov 2020 cruise for now - that will be such a fun cruise! I am hoping to make it to Venice some time to see your place - it sounds lovely (and my brother lives so close to you that I could visit them as well).  🙂

Your flights are already booked?

I didn’t even think to check! I feel like such a slacker... 😜

On a side note... perhaps we could move our engaging conversation to a new thread (don’t want to hijack).

This is, after all, supposed to be for news, updates and photos of Apex. 😊

2 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Your flights are already booked?

I didn’t even think to check! I feel like such a slacker... 😜

On a side note... perhaps we could move our engaging conversation to a new thread (don’t want to hijack).

This is, after all, supposed to be for news, updates and photos of Apex. 😊

I wanted to check on availability and prices before booking the cruise, and because of our tight turn around, booked the Flights by Celebrity since they had a good deal on great flights (Premium Economy). Will keep checking since those are not paid until Jan.

Yes, can talk on Roll Call. 🙂

7 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Hope you get alot of  energy  from the FPC cruise and can snooze on the way  over.  You are a great planner!  Hope you get alot of laundry perks!

If you stick with Nov APEX,.you can visit with us awhile and maybe do Thanksgiving with your brother...We plan to drive to Venice right after APEX to start the snowbird season,  and usually just chill for Thanksgiving,  We miss family doing it this way but will return for a two week visit around the  Dec holidays.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hcat said:

I like LUXE

Def of APEX: 

figurative the highest point or mostsuccessful part of something:

He reached the apex of his career during that period.
Synonyms
vertexspecialized

I'll be  using APX for my abbreviation... guess we all have our own..  i use EQ for Equinox,    REF  for Reflection .... SILHO  for Silhouette,  and   never ever use Sillie or Mille,

Def of PINNACLE:

noun
 UK  /ˈpɪn.ə.kəl/ US  /ˈpɪn.ə.kəl/innacle noun (SUCCESS

[ C usually singular ] the most successful oradmired part of a system or achievement:

By the age of 32 she had reached the pinnacle ofher career.

[ C ] a small pointed tower on top of abuilding, or the top part of a mountain:

literary The pinnacles of the Himalayas were visible above the clouds.

i'd use PIN  as an abbreviation!
Edited by hcat

28 minutes ago, hcat said:

Def of APEX: 

figurative the highest point or mostsuccessful part of something:

He reached the apex of his career during that period.
Synonyms
vertexspecialized

I'll be  using APX for my abbreviation... guess we all have our own..  i use EQ for Equinox,    REF  for Reflection .... SILHO  for Silhouette,  and   never ever use Sillie or Mille,

Def of PINNACLE:

noun
 UK  /ˈpɪn.ə.kəl/ US  /ˈpɪn.ə.kəl/innacle noun (SUCCESS

[ C usually singular ] the most successful oradmired part of a system or achievement:

By the age of 32 she had reached the pinnacle ofher career.

[ C ] a small pointed tower on top of abuilding, or the top part of a mountain:

literary The pinnacles of the Himalayas were visible above the clouds.

i'd use PIN  as an abbreviation!

Thanks for showing us the difference!

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

More the same than different... i'd die if they picked climax...and no idea about vertex???

I think kearney mentioned Climax as a possibility. I wouldn't dare tell people what ship I was going on. 😉  Vertex is what we call the head first presentation of a baby at delivery, so also weird. I'll stick with the others.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

If you stick with Nov APEX,.you can visit with us awhile and maybe do Thanksgiving with your brother...We plan to drive to Venice right after APEX to start the snowbird season,  and usually just chill for Thanksgiving,  We miss family doing it this way but will return for a two week visit around the  Dec holidays. 

Thanks! We can see how things develop. Hope I can do both and visit Venice.🙂