Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

On 6/5/2019 at 8:45 PM, vtcruising said:

I was very bad and booked another Apex cruise a couple days ago.... I haven't talked to my DH yet. If we go, let's just say that it will be amazing!! 🙂

43 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I think the same, but just wanted to get some discussion going about some possible changes. I will see her in 302 days.....🙂

Sunset verandah?

32 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

👍🏻 😉

12264. As you said, “If all the stars align.” 😊

No way! That is so cool! 😊

The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to be on the inaugural. I figured that the prices will only go up and the SV's will be sold out (only 3 left!), so thought I would go for it.  The cheapest suites are ~ $5000 more than the SV (total), so not worth it for us. Hopefully we can get a quick tour of the Retreat for future reference. Hoping Joao will be one of the concierges - he would give us a peek, I think. 🙂

I guess it will include the naming ceremony, unless they change it and add cruises like they did for the Edge.  I did book flights through Choice Air or whatever it is called (can pay when pay in full for cruise), so that we have something reasonable on the books and will look around in the meantime. Very excited, but nervous I won't be able to get the time off for that week and the week before for the FPC.

Hoping to see you and SausPud in 302 days! 😀

Edited by vtcruising

11 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

No way! That is so cool! 😊

The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to be on the inaugural. I figured that the prices will only go up and the SV's will be sold out (only 3 left!), so thought I would go for it.  The cheapest suites are ~ $5000 more than the SV (total), so not worth it for us. Hopefully we can get a quick tour of the Retreat for future reference. Hoping Joao will be one of the concierges - he would give us a peek, I think. 🙂

I guess it will include the naming ceremony, unless they change it and add cruises like they did for the Edge.  I did book flights through Choice Air or whatever it is called (can pay when pay in full for cruise), so that we have something reasonable on the books and will look around in the meantime. Very excited, but nervous I won't be able to get the time off for that week and the week before for the FPC.

Hoping to see you and SausPud in 302 days! 😀

... Personally, I think that the naming ceremony will actually be before the “Inaugural Cruise”... Though it would be SO COOL if you are right! 😁

Edited by C-Dragons

I checked the Govt trademark database just for grins and giggles and found the following "live" Celebrity names that are trademarked (some are marked as "dead" such as Celebrity Eternity - ironic that Eternity is dead). The first 3 have been mentioned on here before, but the last two were new to me:

Opus

Luxe

Beyond

Pinnacle

Elegance

As someone mentioned, it might be hard to fit all the letters on the funnel, if more than 4 letters, but we will see. 🙂

5 minutes ago, SausPud said:

Exciting times.

I only have a concierge suite but first time with Celebrity.

You are choosing a great ship! You are so lucky to live in England. I'm sure there will be a lot of excitement when she sails into Southampton! 🙂

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I checked the Govt trademark database just for grins and giggles and found the following "live" Celebrity names that are trademarked (some are marked as "dead" such as Celebrity Eternity - ironic that Eternity is dead). The first 3 have been mentioned on here before, but the last two were new to me:

Opus

Luxe

Beyond

Pinnacle

Elegance

As someone mentioned, it might be hard to fit all the letters on the funnel, if more than 4 letters, but we will see. 🙂

Um... that was me. 😎

And Beyond has been confirmed as number 3.

Edited by C-Dragons

3 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

... Personally, I think that the naming ceremony will actually be before the “Inaugural Cruise”... though it would be SO COOL if you are right. 😁

I read one press release that made it sound like it was, but yes, it makes more sense that it would be done earlier. I wonder who the godmother will be - they should announce it soon!

1 minute ago, SausPud said:

Beyond has been chosen for an Edge ship.

Also the naming ceremony is being planned in Southampton and a new terminal is being built so don't expect it to be before our cruise.

Oh, I didn't realize that they were building a new terminal - that makes sense though - I wonder if they will have the suite Retreat in the terminal as they do in Fort Lauderdale.  Have you seen any press releases about the new terminal?

5 minutes ago, SausPud said:

Beyond has been chosen for an Edge ship.

Originally, they were going to name the first two ships Edge and Beyond - it was in the original press releases. For some reason the second one was changed to Apex and they've talked about Beyond for one of the 3 remaining after the Apex.  I like Beyond, Luxe and Pinnacle myself. 🙂

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

Sounds good to me! I do like Caymus Cab with dinner.....😉

I should have known this was going to cost me... Good thing I have the Premium Beverage Package. 😁

• Haha 2

The edge was in Southampton recently for a little visit. They were testing size. We have had Anthem ots and Independence ots size ships in fine. But as P&O are building a 5,000 pax ship to fit in Southampton, this is the main reason for the new terminal to cater for the bigger ships. Royal are also spending on it, so they can use it for their bigger ships, rumour has an Anthem Ultra class to be based in the UK, then why not let Celebrity use the new terminal?

• Thanks 1

Talking of packages, we had a new deal in the UK. It was drinks package and grats included offer. So I looked at what it would cost to book today for this cruise and when I add grats to my cruise I still save over $500 each on the price. 

Pays to book early.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mialias said:

hoping even better than Edge

Yes, let's hope the Apex has some needed improvements, while retaining the beauty and charm, mixed with a bit of quirkiness. Can't wait to be surprised! 🙂

• Like 1