1 November 2018 Thursday Weigh-in

pacruise804

Good morning everyone, Happy November!  The leaves finally changed and it was a beautiful day yesterday to close out October.  Today is rainy and foggy, but still very fall feeling.

This morning's weigh-in was very discouraging - up almost 3#.  I thought I was feeling better, but there's really no reason for that much gain in one week 😕 I'll give it one more week in case it was a lot of water weight, but will probably need to see the doctor about running thyroid tests.  Sometimes I think the ostrich might be my spirit animal (buries head in the sand).

Found another running trail not far from home, I think we'll try it for our long run(s) this weekend.  Fridge is stocked with lots of produce and trying to keep the snacks out of the house.

Have a great week all!

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I lost 1 lb. 7 more to go to get back to pre-cruise weight. Hoping for more but at least it's in the right direction.

Pacruise, thanks for starting the thread and sorry you gained. Bummer. 

Dave, congrats on the loss. Loose clothes are always welcome!

Have a good day. Diana

• Like 2

I didn't weigh myself this morning as I spend some time at our local hospital having a nuclear stress test (they also wouldn't let me do the treadmill so had injection for that).  I've had this test done in the past and everything has been fine, so I'm going to believe that is the case this time!  I'll know next week.

I plan to weigh myself tomorrow (although I had some leftover halloween candy today :classic_ohmy:  Jan

Hi everyone. I lost 3.2 pounds this week. It feels good to still be making progress. The hardest thing to do, when you're trying to lose a significant amount, is stick with it over the long haul. I have 3 pounds to lose to reach the under 200 pound milestone. I still remember when I went over that number and how defeated I felt. 

pacruise804, just keep at it, try something different like food journaling or measuring everything you eat to serving size. Maybe something you don't notice is sabotaging your loss. 

Good job Flatland Dave! Are you measuring yourself too? You could be losing inches even though the scale isn't moving a lot. 

Diana, those cruise pounds are rough! But 1 pound is progress in the right direction! 

Jan_In_Maine my Dad is having a nuclear stress test right now, I'm waiting to hear from him when he gets home, he was nervous. He had chest pains but the EKG and the echocardiogram show no heart attack. Take care of yourself! I just had one Fun Size candy bar a few minutes ago, can't skip it completely! 

Hugs to you all! Shell

Edited by Shellbelle28

Hello all! In Naples today in the rain. Had good weather till now.

My eating hasn't been to bad or the drinking!

Congrats to the loser's and know the gainer's will get it off.

Pacruiser and Jan please feel better soon. 

Congrats to those that lost.  Hang in there to those that gained.  Good luck to those dealing with medical issues.  

No weigh in in for me this week.  In the middle of a 12 day cruise.  I most certainly have not eaten as smartly as I had planned. My goal was to be 80% “smart” and 20% “less than perfect”.  I think I am more like 60% “smart” and 40% “less than perfect”. Just trying to not feel deprived but also don’t want to let myself get out of control

Thanks everyone, I'm doing a little better today.  I got a short run in yesterday and prepped some healthy snacks this morning.  I do need to get back to tracking calories - I used to be really good at it, but now it seems like such an effort.

Have a good weekend everyone.  Belle and skiiergirl enjoy your cruises:classic_cool:

• Like 1

This is a very good day.  I got my results on my stress test and everything is fine.  Many years I had been told that I would end up having either a heart attack or bypass surgery before I was 50 ... and 66 I have beaten the odds.  I also weighed myself today and I am down 2.0#  most I've lost in one week in forever.  I had my meds changed, so I'm hoping that I will lose a little weight each week.  Only 26-46# to go (I'll be happy with any weight loss)!!!! :classic_biggrin:   

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Jan

• Like 3

Pacruise, glad you are doing better.

Jan, great news on your health. Congrats on the loss too.

I'm getting extra exercise this week cleaning house. My sister-in-law is spending a week with us this coming Thursday.

She recently lost weight so I'm hoping we help each other. 

Have a good day. Diana

• Like 1