Massage on the Beach

wenocancer2

We will be traveling to Roatan in January and my daughter is interested in a massage on the beach.  Does anyone know if this is offered on any particular beach?

It doesn't have to be in Grand Cayman.  I will be posting this same question in our other Ports of Call boards as well, but we are traveling to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, and Belize.

My daughter is an adult, just to clarify.

There are definitely ladies offering massage on West Bay Beach but between hygiene and folks occasionally mentioning sticky fingers (lifting of valuables) I am not so sure is a good idea. There may be a proper massage table set up along the beach,  one could keep their eyes open, or just across the street is West Bay Lodge and Spa

https://wblodgeroatan.com/

I have not seen any massages offered n Half Moon Bay Beach in West End and I have never been to Mahjogany Bay. 

Last time I was there the massages on the beach in West Bay didn't appear to be by trained professionals; rather, local women offered these.  They had you lay on a towel on the sand and the no-see-ums were a problem.  This contrasts with Costa Maya where trained women with massage tables offered the service for the same price as in Roatan.  (I realize your itinerary doesn't include Costa Maya; just mentioning it because I observed the contrast.)  I don't know about your other ports, but I wouldn't recommend this in Roatan.

Do not get a massage from those roving women on West Bay Beach on Roatan.  I have seen them every year con people for more money plus the fact they are completely unhygienic.  They also have been known to go through your beach bag while your're distracted.  You can contact the Spa at Infinity Bay and arrange a legit beach massage through them.  Tranquility Spa at Infinity Bay.

• 2 months later...

I can vouch for Francis on West Bay Beach.  She is the only person that has a massage table on West Bay Beach and she is set up down by Grand Roatan Resort which is by the big cliff.  She is clean and charges like 25 dollars for a 45 minute massage.  We use Francis every day when we stay in Roatan for a week.  She is precious.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We were just at West Bay beach last week.  There must have been at least 50 local women walking up and down the beach offering massages.  I think most of them wanted $20 for a 40 minute massage.  They were each carrying a plastic stool, so I'm guessing they would let you lay back on your lounge chair.  NONE of them looked like they had received any sort of proper training, so I had no desire to let any of them touch me.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:40 PM, berryhillmom said:

I can vouch for Francis on West Bay Beach.  She is the only person that has a massage table on West Bay Beach and she is set up down by Grand Roatan Resort which is by the big cliff.  She is clean and charges like 25 dollars for a 45 minute massage.  We use Francis every day when we stay in Roatan for a week.  She is precious.

I agree 100%.  Francis is wonderful.  We have gone to her every time we have stayed on the island and if we can fit it in when we are in port.  We were just there for a week last week.  It was wonderful to see her again!  She has taken great care of all three of us for years.