"Live" From Oasis of the Seas. November 4-11, 2018 - Eastern Itinerary

Text you don’t want to get whilst on vacation. My mother is fine, but my cousin is not.

1125E211-2010-47C8-A59A-6AE5D9351146_zps

So if there is anyone reading this review that may have never been on a cruise, on the fence to go one a cruise. Or anyone that loves cruises but don’t go because others can’t go, etc.

Just go and do it! Go with family and friends if you can or simply go solo. Don’t wait, don’t keep putting it off. You never know what tomorrow will bring. Don’t miss out on something good just because someone else may not want to go!

Now get out there and book that Royal Caribbean cruise aboard one of the beautiful Oasis class ships...

60BA360A-03CF-4DB7-81EE-184DCCF0B8F4_zps

As we approached St Thomas we passed thru a quick moist storm then left it far behind..

52971CEC-A3FE-470C-87B1-EBED9E7CB40D_zps

As we edged our way into St Thomas we turned the ship and backed into the bay then sliding the bow of the ship into the shoreline...

7F1031F7-3F70-41FD-9483-CDBD662B5795_zps

C8B635BC-5651-4A44-A11F-155C493A65E5_zps

ECF1F83A-7014-43C4-94CD-053CCBC9D740_zps

847069ED-5CF7-4E2A-BC9C-62E24284021E_zps

8DBB30A5-AAEE-4703-9B3A-620D8D41232C_zps

Happenings around the ship before cruise critic site crashed again for almost an hour. I had to reset my password to get back in.

0198FABF-D03D-42DF-A80D-E09C4F67A05E_zps

E66BA34C-4EB0-45A9-88EE-64EAEE08DF6F_zps

I want this model ship at my house...

50DF6B4E-23FE-4F32-BAC4-0A3606E80B3B_zps

E41A95D3-0502-49C9-9303-30A16E1198AE_zps

Pilot boat leaving us 

D31EFF57-CB07-48BF-BB4E-FD94175BB295_zps

Private flo rider lessons this morning..

6E8B0C3B-1164-4FE5-B330-ABEA22CAB5F5_zps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Peace out everyone, we are off to a beach. 😀

Enjoy your beach time.  If you haven't drop into the Schooner Lounge before you debark.  Close friends Ann and Kelly will be there.  Kelly is the piano guy and just joined the Oasis after on this cruise on a four month contract.

Yell  them Corky and Diane from Stuart,FL said Hi!

I'm late to the show....but here with bells on and oh so excited.  I've followed your reviews before and lets just say that I loved them 😉  Apparently I missed the last two, so that will be my light reading for the upcoming weekend.  But back to this cruise - I'm now caught up and I have to say how much I enjoy your reviews.  Not only because they are informative - but they make me laugh!  We have the exact same sense of humor.  As I was reading through this over lunch - I literally laughed out loud a few times.  My eyes may have even gotten a little moist 😁  I'm booked for my first Mediterranean cruise next May on Lady O - I think we are the first full cruise after dry dock.  I've been on Oasis, Allure and Harmony before and can't wait to come back "home".  Until then, I will live vicariously and comically through you.  Thanks in advance and keep up the humor!!

Looks like you are having a great time and eating quite well!  Yum!  I see you did have a dirty martini for me in the Diamond lounge!  Did you have to welcome anyone to your cabin with that pineapple shirt?  Continue with the fun, Dale! 

4 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Looks like a lovely day in St. Thomas.  Sorry to hear about your cousin.  

Thank for your thoughts and following along. We had a wonderful day in St Thomas.

3 hours ago, CORKY_Q said:

Enjoy your beach time.  If you haven't drop into the Schooner Lounge before you debark.  Close friends Ann and Kelly will be there.  Kelly is the piano guy and just joined the Oasis after on this cruise on a four month contract.

Yell  them Corky and Diane from Stuart,FL said Hi!

They must be really good, I’ve had quite a few folks talk about them in this thread. I’ll be sure to stop by. Thanks for following along.

2 hours ago, Buffett fan said:

I'm late to the show....but here with bells on and oh so excited.  I've followed your reviews before and lets just say that I loved them 😉  Apparently I missed the last two, so that will be my light reading for the upcoming weekend.  But back to this cruise - I'm now caught up and I have to say how much I enjoy your reviews.  Not only because they are informative - but they make me laugh!  We have the exact same sense of humor.  As I was reading through this over lunch - I literally laughed out loud a few times.  My eyes may have even gotten a little moist 😁  I'm booked for my first Mediterranean cruise next May on Lady O - I think we are the first full cruise after dry dock.  I've been on Oasis, Allure and Harmony before and can't wait to come back "home".  Until then, I will live vicariously and comically through you.  Thanks in advance and keep up the humor!!

Late for the party is better than not at all. Thanks for following along, glad I was able to bring some humor into your day. 😀

32 minutes ago, donsuej said:

Looks like you are having a great time and eating quite well!  Yum!  I see you did have a dirty martini for me in the Diamond lounge!  Did you have to welcome anyone to your cabin with that pineapple shirt?  Continue with the fun, Dale! 

Oh my goodness we are having a blast. I’ll havd another martini for you tonight Sue!

Airport was right behind us so we got to watch some cool planes coming and going. 

C5EC2EE3-0288-4CD3-A423-79314A5C9D61_zps

Chair rentals are about $7.00 a chair. Cab ride was about $10.00 pp round trip. 

Headed back to the ship

47DB3AD9-5F3A-4D3E-B1F8-7FFD9C7B0BE6_zps

E12A42B5-C973-4C1E-A4F7-FAA13F9675CA_zps

Someone left us early, not because they lost their watch either, hope they are alright. 

C536A00B-3B74-42B9-9C59-BEF28840787E_zps

Had a little snacky snack snack at Whipeout Cafe..

06C3CB06-4232-4460-9F19-8A1744B20424_zps

Know you’re all jealous and wish you had one of these right now.

2155248F-A992-405C-B27D-8919D7D87D6E_zps

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

If you only had the chance to dine at 1 speciality restaurant would it be Giovanni’s or Chops?  

Love your sunset pictures, pineapple shirt and your sense of humor!

150 Central Park most definitely!

Out of Chops or Giovanni’s, then it’s Chops. 

Thsnks for following along.

6 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

150 Central Park most definitely!

Out of Chops or Giovanni’s, then it’s Chops. 

Thsnks for following along.

Speaking of 150 CP, does anyone have any experience eating with as or with a vegetarian? It looks like so far there is only one option for an entee which is just some pieces of cauliflower. For sure not worth the cost. So has anyone had any luck with getting something off menu? Looks good but traveling with a vegetarian so might not be able to do it with no options for her. 

Enjoying your review and all of the pictures. Looks like you had a beautiful day in St. Thomas. Counting down the days until we are there on Oasis...4 weeks from today! With the time zone difference it looks like you arrived around 11am local? Trying to confirm what time our tour guide should meet us there in four weeks. 

6 minutes ago, sh2738 said:

Speaking of 150 CP, does anyone have any experience eating with as or with a vegetarian? It looks like so far there is only one option for an entee which is just some pieces of cauliflower. For sure not worth the cost. So has anyone had any luck with getting something off menu? Looks good but traveling with a vegetarian so might not be able to do it with no options for her. 

Wondering if they could bring in food from another restaurant?  We never tried that but have heard that they can do this.

For the fashion police here is tonight’s shirt with the additions of pineapples...

819C3BFB-BA66-4FE2-9A73-8BA6BA4F846C_zps

EA4AC821-130B-4B33-969A-51049ACC9FF7_zps

For those of you that may not frequent the Royal Caribbean board read the below thread to get a better understanding of the joke behind the pineapples. Really hate for you to be left in the dark. The pineapples references have nothing to do with pinnacle members. (Well in this case at least, as some pinnacle members do post pineapples on their doors. Guess that makes it even funnier.)

0B0D3CBE-8717-4977-B942-5D84F156A46C_zps

So I’m thinking I may need to go back to school and learn how to pronounce the letter D better. As on the Harmony of the seas, there is alway one or two wait person or bartender that misses the DIRTY part with the martini. My first and second night on Harmony in September my dirty martini was pure vodka. Nothing dirty about it. Seems today I’ve gone back to that time...

AD2D3496-9940-4FFF-AD11-7EB562E66664_zps

45 minutes ago, sh2738 said:

They are very accommodating. Ask and I’m sure they will assist so you can still enjoy it. If I’m not to boozed up with tonight’s martinis I’ll try to inquire.

39 minutes ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

Enjoying your review and all of the pictures. Looks like you had a beautiful day in St. Thomas. Counting down the days until we are there on Oasis...4 weeks from today! With the time zone difference it looks like you arrived around 11am local? Trying to confirm what time our tour guide should meet us there in four weeks. 

Yes ship time remained local eastern time.

36 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Wondering if they could bring in food from another restaurant?  We never tried that but have heard that they can do this.

Im pretty sure this could be an option too. 

How did you like Emerald beach?  Don't you hate when they forget the 'dirty' in the martini!  :classic_biggrin:  .    Sorry to hear about the text you got from your cousin, Dale.  Enjoy your evening whatever you might be doing!  I had no idea about the pineapples! 

9 minutes ago, donsuej said:

How did you like Emerald beach?  Don't you hate when they forget the 'dirty' in the martini!  :classic_biggrin:  .    Sorry to hear about the text you got from your cousin, Dale.  Enjoy your evening whatever you might be doing!  I had no idea about the pineapples! 

Yeah be sure to go read that fun thread. 😀