Swimming with Dolphins Puerto Vallarta Excursion Price

BIGADORF

We are booked on a 15 day Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles Panama Canal Cruise. While reading the excursions I noticed that there is wording about this excursion dealing with 1 person actually swimming with the dolphins and 1 person just going the excursion, but not swimming with the dolphins. The description says there is a less expensive rate for the non-dolphin swimming person. I have called my TA and Princess and no one seems to know what that reduced rate is. The best answer I could get was to book the excursion at the full price for both and then to deal with the excursion desk when I get on board. Anybody out there have experience with this  excursion in PuertoVallarta? Thank you:classic_biggrin:

Princess uses Vallarta Adventures in Nuevo Vallarta for the dolphin experience in Puerto Vallarta. I don't know the cost, but the spectator ticket is something booked onboard. If it were me I'd book the swim with the dolphins for the one person ahead of time, then once onboard add the spectator ticket. There usually aren't many spectators so you won't need to worry about the spectator ticket selling out before the cruise.  

9 hours ago, idahospud said:

Princess uses Vallarta Adventures in Nuevo Vallarta for the dolphin experience in Puerto Vallarta. I don't know the cost, but the spectator ticket is something booked onboard. If it were me I'd book the swim with the dolphins for the one person ahead of time, then once onboard add the spectator ticket. There usually aren't many spectators so you won't need to worry about the spectator ticket selling out before the cruise.  

But you may have to worry about the tour being sold out pre-cruise and thus no room on the bus for a spectator wanting to purchase a ticket once on the ship.

17 minutes ago, caribill said:

But you may have to worry about the tour being sold out pre-cruise and thus no room on the bus for a spectator wanting to purchase a ticket once on the ship.

The dolphin experience and sea lion experience both share the same bus so I guess it could then depend on the sea lion numbers, too?

Vallarta Adventures also books its dolphin activities online, where you can - unsurprisingly - pay a lot less than you would to Princess for doing exactly the same thing. Unfortunately, their exclusivity clause means that if they know you're on Princess, they won't take your money. I guess you could lie to them and say you're staying at a hotel. Better yet, book through Princess and try PCL's price match guarantee. 

I always wanted to do the dolphin swim but my animal-rights husband nixed the idea. Oh well, he has compensatory virtues.