Gala Dinners on the Victoria

Spambo2

Hi

We are sailing on the Victoria over Christmas and New Year for 14 nights. 

How many any gala dinners/black tie events do you think there will be?

is there anything else that might catch me out like black and white night or other themed evenings?

I'm looking forward to a spot of retail therapy and want to make sure I've got all my bases covered 🙂

thanks

s

Normally three over Christmas/New Year,  plus Red/White & Green Italian nights, although like all things Costa it can change on any cruise.There use to be a Toga night in the Caribbean which was great fun with making full use of bed sheets and napkins.

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas/New year are always dressier Cruises imo

christmas day and New Year’s Eve are definite Gala nights, but I reckon you will  have at least 3 gala nights. We had 2 on our 10 night cruise last new year (31st Dec). Ladies had some stunning dresses on that cruise. 

I love dressing up so I take a dress for every night

caryl

I am with you, I loved the old cruises of the past where we dressed for diner.

The ladies always outshone the men but  love getting into my tux offering my wife my arm as we made our way to our table.

Come on just one day a week were we can dress up a bit, rather than down into scruffy jeans and T-shirts, I have even seen a football shirt on a formal night, how come they want us to look as bad as they do most nights but won't join us for one night a week, go to the buffet if you don't want to get dolled up once.

• Like 1

Tenpin, I just wanted to thank you for bringing up a wonderful memory of my one toga night in the Caribbean. This was over 20 years ago, and my 9 year old daughter was with us, as well as her Godparents and a grandmother. We had such a fun-filled evening. We're, once again, going on another Costa cruise next February, and I fully realize things have changed greatly in all that time, but I still expect to enjoy this cruise. Sadly, no toga night though. Sigh! Again, thank you for the memory.

Cruisin4Mags,

You are welcome, we indeed did enjoy those barmy nights in the Caribbean wearing our toga's usually made up of sheets & towels, although we did have made up some by local tailor on our last few Caribbean cruises in the early 2000's.

We now like the Italian night in the 'Med' but even those seem to be in decline.

Bring back the glory days of cruising I say on at least one of their ships, and I would gladly stay on her.