YC Drink Package Changes?

marcoigna

good day

apparently there are postings on Face Book about changes to YC Drinks - capped at $10.00 per drink and the chocolate Martinis are no longer covered with the package at Venchi - 

Any one have insite or updates as to whether this is a true fact now!!!!

1 hour ago, marcoigna said:

good day

apparently there are postings on Face Book about changes to YC Drinks - capped at $10.00 per drink and the chocolate Martinis are no longer covered with the package at Venchi - 

Any one have insite or updates as to whether this is a true fact now!!!!

I also saw that post on FB!  Sailing in YC for the first time in January.  First crepes, now the Chocolate Martinis??  $10 cap???

Anyone??

Hi. 

I read it as the Venchi drinks were capped at $10 so the chocolate martinis were now not covered not drinks around the rest of ship or YC. 

I guess Ill be paying more attention since we sail again in February. Will you guys be back too? We (my mom and I) sailed with you last February. 

I certainly hope not!!! I'm sailing next November so would affect me and I was looking forward to those chocolate martinis at Venchi! Also $10.00 a drink is a very low cap on drinks when you are paying Yacht Club prices!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rose102798 said:

We just got off the Seaside on Saturday . . . and all of that appears to be fake news.  Did not experience either one of those things.  Always ordered top shelf and did not pay for the venchi chocolate martini. (??)

Apparently according to the FB poster this has started as of yesterday!

They just put new drink menus with prices increased around 2.00 I read,,,on seaside they were posted on facebook the NF champagne you are supped to be able to get is now 14 something one whole page of drinks was 10.75 I really doubt yacht club or premium drink packages are going to be capped at 10.00 thats low for a premium package. Hope it is just a misunderstanding because of the new drink menu prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kodesthemoose said:

So far it seems to only be one person reporting this 'change' while another person who is still on Seaside today (11/5) says that she's been able to get all the Venchi items as usual.  

That person who has not had an issue with Venchi drinks I have sailed with before and I will take her word that when she asked in the YC there has not been any changes. Others that are presently on the ship are checking as well.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:55 PM, kodesthemoose said:

So far it seems to only be one person reporting this 'change' while another person who is still on Seaside today (11/5) says that she's been able to get all the Venchi items as usual.  

I do hope so, I'm looking forward to a chocolate martini next year. 

Has anyone heard anything new about this yet?  We sail on Nov 24th and have the classic package.  We got this package for the frozen drinks now not sure if we can get them with the classic package with the recent price increase.  If we do decide to upgrade to deluxe (don't want to) you get a minbar (with booze?), crepes, protein snacks/drinks, room service, drinks through room service, fresh juice,  and specialty ice cream cups? Anything else I need to know with deluxe package?

On 11/7/2018 at 9:27 AM, jess_2012#1 said:

Has anyone heard anything new about this yet?  We sail on Nov 24th and have the classic package.  We got this package for the frozen drinks now not sure if we can get them with the classic package with the recent price increase.  If we do decide to upgrade to deluxe (don't want to) you get a minbar (with booze?), crepes, protein snacks/drinks, room service, drinks through room service, fresh juice,  and specialty ice cream cups? Anything else I need to know with deluxe package?

You seem confused.  If you aren't in the Yacht Club, and since you say you have the classic package that seems apparent, then none of the discussion applies to you.  If you have questions about non-yacht club drink packages and prices, you might get more response in a different thread - one not focused on yacht club.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:53 PM, Linda the Book Lover said:

That person who has not had an issue with Venchi drinks I have sailed with before and I will take her word that when she asked in the YC there has not been any changes. Others that are presently on the ship are checking as well.

Do we have anybody else on the ships currently to confirm that there are no changes for drinks in the YC, chocolate martinis etc. 

There was another person in the FB group who is on Seaside currently and managed to get her chocolate martinis at Venchi without paying, she is in YC.  Note that apparently the concoction is a little different.  Allegedly no more Baileys, but there is whip cream on top.  (?) 

1 hour ago, kodesthemoose said:

There was another person in the FB group who is on Seaside currently and managed to get her chocolate martinis at Venchi without paying, she is in YC.  Note that apparently the concoction is a little different.  Allegedly no more Baileys, but there is whip cream on top.  (?) 

Yes, this person took one for the team and went twice. Both times enjoying a chocolate martini at Venchi.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

You seem confused.  If you aren't in the Yacht Club, and since you say you have the classic package that seems apparent, then none of the discussion applies to you.  If you have questions about non-yacht club drink packages and prices, you might get more response in a different thread - one not focused on yacht club.

No need to be rude! I am apart of another thread and just trying to get my ducks in a row.  As someone said on here ...it doesn't matter if your part of YC or not for the drink package. 

20 hours ago, jess_2012#1 said:

No need to be rude! I am apart of another thread and just trying to get my ducks in a row.  As someone said on here ...it doesn't matter if your part of YC or not for the drink package. 

Sorry that you took that as rude.  I was just trying to point out that yacht club changes have nothing to do with non-yacht club practices.

MSC on FB is saying that Yacht Club will get the Premium Plus now.  I asked about my cruise in December and that was their response.  If that's the case then I'm OK with giving up free gelato and crepes as long as I can now get free Moet by the glass.  We'll still get the coffee, coffee, drinks, and the Venchi drinks as well along with minibar. I guess until someone on the ship before my cruise actually reports on what's available I'll expect that when I board. 

It's the wild wild west and it won't settle down until we get a constant stream of reports from YC passengers on or just off the ship.

Mixed feelings if we lose the gelato as I enjoyed the cocount but having high end choices would be nice.

• Like 1

Change is tough on any cruise line.  In many cases (not just on MSC) nobody who interacts with the cruisers seems to know the answers and, in many cases, those of us who are active on CC know more then most of the folks who work for the cruise line.  I think everyone is just going to need to wait and see.  We will be on the Divina (YC) in about 2 weeks and will try to remember to post some of our observations.  To us, it is all just one more cruise adventure.  So, when I walk into the Top Sail lounge, I will try and order some Champagne (with this blog in mind) and see what happens :).

Hank

Very true Hank. I only discovered the glass of champagne availability through these boards. I know that the TSL didn't always have it available although other bars on the ships did. I'll be ordering some next week and will see what happens. I know we'll have a fabulous time with or without the champagne.