Guaranteed Room

TravelingUnicorn

Has anyone booked an guaranteed room when needing an accessible room? Surprisingly when walking through the online booking for Carnival, after indicating the need for an accessible room and getting to the point of picking the deal, one of the options is a guaranteed room deal/package. This makes me nervous as it only says you will get a room in the category but they get to assign it but I cannot find any indications that it will definitely be accessible. I was wondering if anyone has gone this route with Carnival or another line and what your experience was. Thanks!

When doing this for a normal cabin, you book the MINIMUM type of cabin you would want to cruise in. Say you DO NOT want an interior cabin, you would book ocean view guarantee, hoping you might get upgrade.

Now you want accessible, the actual number of cabins is VERY limited. My experience that class cabin is one of the first to sell out. You save $10-20 a day by booking guarantee. I would call up the cruise line and go through the booking process to be sure you get accessible cabin.

you cannot book a GTY cabin in an accessible category.   the reason that option is there is not everyone needs a fully accessible cabin and some cabins are modified accessible and those  can be  part of the gty pool.  

if you need an accessible cabin you need to book that specific cabin.

@spookwife (Editing my comment after rereading your post. Tired eyes) Thanks! We were looking for ambulatory accessible. That's interesting to know. That being said, I think that it might have been a glitch in the system that caused it to show up as regardless of what "deal" we selected following that specific type of room within the category we got an error message. We got everything taken care of for getting a specific accessible room so we shall never know what the deal was with the guaranteed room showing up.

@GUT2407 I totally agree it would be nice but I also understand why. Even within the inside category we were looking at for ambulatory accessible there were a bunch of variations in the room. Upper/lowers, rooms where they are set up so the twin beds can't convert into a king, "standard" inside rooms, insides without the hallway, etc. We picked one that will allow my wheelchair in more easily because it doesn't have the hallway. I have a really narrow wheelchair so can deal with the narrower doors on Carnival but the "hallway" on some of the rooms is a pain, not undoable just annoying.

Edited by TravelingUnicorn