Cruise Critic Community
cocod08

Luggage Tag Help

I'm looking for instructions that I found here a few years ago about being able to transfer the luggage tag print document to a PDF so that you can add in your name and address and then print it. I searched for it but I haven't been able to locate it. Does anyone remember instructions of this nature? TIA

16 minutes ago, cocod08 said:

I'm looking for instructions that I found here a few years ago about being able to transfer the luggage tag print document to a PDF so that you can add in your name and address and then print it. I searched for it but I haven't been able to locate it. Does anyone remember instructions of this nature? TIA

FWIW, why would anyone ever put their address on any luggage tag? All this would accomplish is to alert perfect strangers that you are away from home for XX days.

Perhaps a Google search is in order for news regarding the occasional theft rings uncovered at airports et al.

Name, email address and phone number are all you'll ever need for notifications referring to misplaced luggage.

Why would you even need to do that? All of your luggage pieces should already have a permanently attached luggage tag with your contact info (NOT your address) on or in it. The ship tags are the same as airline baggage tags - but in this case meant to identify the ship and cabin number for delivery. No need to reinvent the wheel.

38 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

FWIW, why would anyone ever put their address on any luggage tag? All this would accomplish is to alert perfect strangers that you are away from home for XX days.

Perhaps a Google search is in order for news regarding the occasional theft rings uncovered at airports et al.

Name, email address and phone number are all you'll ever need for notifications referring to misplaced luggage.

32 minutes ago, mom says said:

Why would you even need to do that? All of your luggage pieces should already have a permanently attached luggage tag with your contact info (NOT your address) on or in it. The ship tags are the same as airline baggage tags - but in this case meant to identify the ship and cabin number for delivery. No need to reinvent the wheel.

I don't put them on for my flights as I fly in the day before. 

Not looking to reinvent the wheel someone else here already did and I was looking to find the instructions again 

7 hours ago, cocod08 said:

Not looking to reinvent the wheel someone else here already did and I was looking to find the instructions again 

Sorry but I can't help with your question but am also curious why you would want to add your address to your on board luggage tag?

If the concern is for lost luggage, that would be extremely rare as when you drop your luggage off with the porters it goes directly onto a cart that is then put on the ship. 

8 hours ago, cocod08 said:

If you are talking about the luggage tags for the ship I save the cruise document with luggage tags to my hard drive.  I open the document to the luggage tags and one of the tools on the side are Fill and Sign.  Choose that one and you can type your name on the tag.

Shak

Ship luggage tags are temporary at best. One solution is those free return address tags everyone gets in the mail. Attach one to the tag, or simply write it in with a pen

8 hours ago, Shak said:

If you are talking about the luggage tags for the ship I save the cruise document with luggage tags to my hard drive.  I open the document to the luggage tags and one of the tools on the side are Fill and Sign.  Choose that one and you can type your name on the tag.

Shak

Thank you not the steps I remember but it worked 

I know exactly what you are talking about - I have the link saved and use it for every cruise except Princess and HAL, those tags do not fit in the  software program . It's nice because it prints 4 tags to a page,  with your name on it.  Whoever developed and posted it here did it a long time ago. 

I tried several ways to be able to copy here for you, but was not successful.

An alternate is to do it as Shak described.

Adobe has some pay features, but you can use "fill and sign" for free. 

On 11/5/2018 at 5:51 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

I know exactly what you are talking about - I have the link saved and use it for every cruise except Princess and HAL, those tags do not fit in the  software program . It's nice because it prints 4 tags to a page,  with your name on it.  Whoever developed and posted it here did it a long time ago. 

I tried several ways to be able to copy here for you, but was not successful.

An alternate is to do it as Shak described.

Adobe has some pay features, but you can use "fill and sign" for free. 

I think this is the program you are talking about.  I like to print them on a full page because I think they fit firmly in the holder.

http://www3.zansstuff.com/luggage-tags

Shak

Good luck, I just print them and write my name on if the line hasn't already done it for me. I then laminate them so that they are water proof.

NEVER put your home address on or in luggage!  If you must put an address, put your business address!  I put my name and cell phone number inside an outside pocket on my luggage....along with my destination...just in case my bags go off on their own!