Viking Star Photo

SailorJack

I thought you might enjoy a photo of the Viking Star as it was docked in Stavenger, Norway.  I had tried to book this cruise, but it was fully booked. I was on the Serenade of the Seas - which had an almost identical itinerary. I was quite surprised to see how identical when we docked right next to the Star.:classic_biggrin:

45006996394_34cdd5ff9f_o.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, some Viking itineraries fill up fast.  Our Orion Alaska cruise for 2019 had only a couple of cabins left over a year out.  I was researching something else on the RCI site and noticed your report, been following it ever since.  Anyone considering that cruise (no matter the ship) should check it out.  Informative and extremely funny.

18 hours ago, Kellybc said:

Yes, some Viking itineraries fill up fast.  Our Orion Alaska cruise for 2019 had only a couple of cabins left over a year out.  I was researching something else on the RCI site and noticed your report, been following it ever since.  Anyone considering that cruise (no matter the ship) should check it out.  Informative and extremely funny.

Can you give us a link to it?

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Can you give us a link to it?

I can't figure out how to post links under this new system. Used to be able to just copy the URL for the post, but not anymore.:classic_sad:

Anyway, the review is entitled...Serenade of the “C’s” I Mean “I’s” – Ice Bergs, Iceland, Ice Caps and Ice Cream.

It should be on the first few pages of the Royal Caribbean site.

• 3 weeks later...

We loved our time on the Star in her inaugural season, just two or three cruises past the engine difficulties.  This ship is beautiful, and our Med Odyssey (while hot) was amazing.  The ship is great, and we spent countless hours by the endless pool aft.  Memories!  Beautiful things indeed!

Peace.