Carnival WiFi Value vs. Premium Plans

Flip N Flop

Satellite WiFi is going to be slow just because of the speed of light to/from the satellites. However, Carnival's WiFi Value Plan seems to be congested and lacking sufficient capacity to serve passengers well.

I am thinking of springing for the Premium plan on our next cruise in a couple of weeks. Carnival's FAQ says that Premium is "3X Faster" but that really doesn't mean much to me. Has anyone purchased the Premium plan? If so, what are your thoughts? Was it worth the extra $$?

Satellite Wi-Fi has come a long way. You can up tp 25Mbps which is by no means slow. We had the premium on the Conquest and could barely open pictures on social media. We could never get above 2Mbps on whatsmyspeed.com. We needed it for work but it's painfully slow.

My wife and I were on the Horizon a couple of weeks ago. Previously on our 4 cruises we bought the Value Plan and was pretty spotty and slow.  This time we went with the Premium Plan, one of our dogs wasn't doing real well and even though we had a friend stay at our house my wife wanted to be able to view our cameras, I as well had work to do and wanted to watch a couple of college football games which I knew would not be on the TV's aboard the ship.  Maybe we were just lucky but we had no problems with the wifi.  We were able to keep an eye on our dogs, work was done and was able to stream ESPN, Fox, CBS, etc.

• Thanks 1