New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

On Oasis there was a separate Key sign for the Zipline and what looked like a second line (though there was no one in either line when I saw the sign and couldn't tell how it worked).

My bad, today I saw a separate line (Star Class- no mention of Key) for Abyss and similarly saw it when no one was waiting so I am uncertain how it works.  But no separate line for zipline or flowrider.  

• Like 1

My bad, today I saw a separate line (Star Class- no mention of Key) for Abyss and similarly saw it when no one was waiting so I am uncertain how it works.  But no separate line for zipline or flowrider.  

If you ask - let us know! I believe on last weeks Symphony cruise there was a reviewer here who asked to have a sign added at the flowrider (possibly for Suites?)..surprised its gone! Maybe it’s only on one side?

I don’t think the price of the key is enough to get priority access every hour of the flowrider (while the price of the suite is probably much more inline with that perk!) - but I do think they need to offer it enough for all 200 Key Holders to be able to take advantage of it!! Which won’t happen in a single hour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they up the sales for The Key to 200 now? Is it no longer just 100 Key holders. Maybe thats why my sailing on Anthem in April is still selling them? I thought it might be worth it since its Spring Break at that time, but who knows.

We were told 100 for Symphony April 13 when we booked but recently others were reporting that their TA told them it was 200 on Oasis Class ... not sure about Anthem and have not been able to independently verify the 200 count...maybe someone on board can?

We don’t usually use the flowriders or the rock wall, but do like to use the zip line on occasion on Oasis class ships.

So are you saying that now the Key people have the same privileges as the Suite guests with the Priority line? I think if I was a Suite guest and had paid all of the extra money, that might irk me a little. Especially if there are now 200 Key people. (I know that hasn’t been confirmed.)

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

Where did you get the information that it is now 200?

I would only say it's likely. Our March 30 Symphony sailing reopened the previously sold-out bookings for The Key, with a  "20% Discounted Rate" of $24.95.

5 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

If you ask - let us know! I believe on last weeks Symphony cruise there was a reviewer here who asked to have a sign added at the flowrider (possibly for Suites?)..surprised its gone! Maybe it’s only on one side?

I don’t think the price of the key is enough to get priority access every hour of the flowrider (while the price of the suite is probably much more inline with that perk!) - but I do think they need to offer it enough for all 200 Key Holders to be able to take advantage of it!! Which won’t happen in a single hour!

Sounds like they are looking for more ways to make this a total cluster. 

We will be on "Enchantment" this weekend and have reserved the "KEY".

When My DW originally asked me about getting it. I said "we are not getting the KEY". She somehow she heard "We are getting the KEY" and booked it. 😎

Will let you all know how it goes.

16 hours ago, Aprilfoolx said:

My group purchased "The Key" for an upcoming sale on Vision of the Seas (smaller ship). Anyone know what kind of amenities will be provided on Vision, or who has experienced it? Sailing at end of the week. 

Following, we will be on GOS.

With the priority line can you ride over and over? If so you could basically have 3 or 4 Key people completely take over the flowrider.

This is what makes me say that there shouldn’t be all day priority lines for them.

What I heard somewhere on this board was that they were taking a key person every 3-4 regular line riders. So they didn’t completely take over...

The Key looks like it continues to be a moving target.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Priority Access for flowrider and rock climbing rather than dedicated hours. I agree with the poster who is uncomfortable cutting the line, even if one is perk eligible. It's an awkward situation that I would also feel weird about. But I would probably get over it because I'd be mad at myself if I paid for a perk and didn't use it. It could work out well for us, since we would be able to go to Flowrider during more convenient times. I do agree that there should be a separate line.

1 minute ago, Cel_cruise said:

This is what makes me say that there shouldn’t be all day priority lines for them.

What I heard somewhere on this board was that they were taking a key person every 3-4 regular line riders. So they didn’t completely take over...

Oh. Scratch that. I think I'd prefer the dedicated hour over that. That's easily three to four times the amount of wait we had compared to the dedicated hour.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

Did they up the sales for The Key to 200 now? Is it no longer just 100 Key holders. Maybe thats why my sailing on Anthem in April is still selling them? I thought it might be worth it since its Spring Break at that time, but who knows.

That's interesting bc just a couple weeks ago you couldn't get the program.  So either they added more or some people backed out of it.  My husband and I also will be on an April cruise on Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda.  Looking very much forward to using the Key program.

3 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

That still seems like too much to me. Some people would do it over and over for an hour or more. As long as there is one person in that line, it would extend the wait time for everyone else 25 to 33%. I think they should keep it as private hours.

Considering you have many full suite people that don't get that perk and everyone in line paid a lot to be on the ship, I think it is crazy to get that type of entitlement for $25/day.

Edited by OSUZorba
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Could you post your letter of the perks?  My friend will be on Mariner next month and was thinking of getting it.

Sure but I am also sure that someone has posted it already on here several times if you want it right now

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jrljel said:

Sure but I am also sure that someone has posted it already on here several times if you want it right now

I'm guessing that they were wanting to know if anything is different from what has been posted already.... different ships are having different benefits on different weeks as this new program's kinks are being worked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OSUZorba said:

That still seems like too much to me. Some people would do it over and over for an hour or more. As long as there is one person in that line, it would extend the wait time for everyone else 25 to 33%. I think they should keep it as private hours.

Considering you have many full suite people that don't get that perk and everyone in line paid a lot to be on the ship, I think it is crazy to get that type of entitlement for $25/day.

$25/Day PP that is.

So a family of 4 is $100/Day

And the reports of the exclusive hours were first thing in the morning or during dinner which some reports say weren't utilized. And not everyone is going to use the Flowrider any way and if its spread around all day, maybe the impact to non paying riders won't be so bad. 

Personally, I like any time priority and wouldn't have any problem jumping to the front of the line. I would, however, like to see a Key sign at the attraction.

5 hours ago, rkkunk said:

Does anytknow where the Key seating is for the theatre, ice skating show on Harmony of the Seas?

I would like to know this as well.

Some like to sit further back in the center, but I like to be closer to the stage.