New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

3 hours ago, Orsino said:

So at 9 there were two key people (us) and one other non key. So for a while it was just the three of us, which was better than the 6 we had during our key time. 

Would not surprise me if that will be the norm in the future - less people outside the key-hours where people want to maximise what they paid for!

On 2/11/2019 at 10:39 AM, jmh2006 said:

I am sailing Harmony in late August and booked at $19.99. Strange to see it jump that much. Meaning they raised the list price. Kinda crazy. So a 20% sale would put this around $25. I hope not too many buyers @ $31.99

Has anyone used the Key in San Juan, PR?  I bought the Key for our August cruise and one of the benefits I'm looking forward to is priority embarkation.  Our experience has been standing outside for a while in the hot humid lines.  I'm hoping the Key gets us in sooner (with suite guests?).

Ended up going to the rock wall before the key time. Little to no wait. Actually should have been no wait but the workers were goofing around and not paying attention that we were waiting.  

Definitely don’t need the key for rockwall. It might be nice if the offered hour fits your schedule, but regular offerings are not bad for waits already. And for me, I can’t do more than two climbs per session. 

The weird thing was was when we left they had put up barriers in preparation for the aqua theater show. So people wanting to rock climb during the last half hour of regular offering or during the key hour are blocked off.

I‘m new to RCI and just booked my first cruise with them a few days ago. For my 9 day cruise, the difference between booking the Key and booking just the internet package was around 25$ altogether. Would you consider that a deal? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muerz said:

I‘m new to RCI and just booked my first cruise with them a few days ago. For my 9 day cruise, the difference between booking the Key and booking just the internet package was around 25$ altogether. Would you consider that a deal? 

I would, even if just for lunch on day 1 and priority embarkation and debarkation BUT maybe not if you decide you must have it every cruise after trying it!

11 minutes ago, Muerz said:

I can’t remember ever seeing it that close in price.  They key is $19.99 per person per day.  Buying the 2 device internet package has been way less than $40 per day. 

2 hours ago, slyster said:

Has anyone used the Key in San Juan, PR?  I bought the Key for our August cruise and one of the benefits I'm looking forward to is priority embarkation.  Our experience has been standing outside for a while in the hot humid lines.  I'm hoping the Key gets us in sooner (with suite guests?).

I'd be interested in hearing how this would work as well.  The experience in PR is terrible with a line to drop off luggage and then another to get to security.  Not sure if suites by pass this? If so then I guess the Key would too and that would be worth every penny!

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can’t remember ever seeing it that close in price.  They key is $19.99 per person per day.  Buying the 2 device internet package has been way less than $40 per day. 

Forgot to mention I travel solo this time around which explains the slim price difference 🙂

On Liberty now and DW and I decided to try the key.  So far so good, embarkation lunch at Chops was fantastic, internet is working VERY well. We carried on our bags, and having them taken off our hands and delivered INTO the room by 1300 was nearly priceless. The reserved seats last night at the headliner show were fine; center stage, upstairs, 4-5 rows with all the suites and pinnacles, was nice not to feel the need to show up 30 minutes early. The real benefit evaluation will come tomorrow. We are in Grand Cayman, with a private tour booked, and I intend to be on the first tender off “no questions asked”. I’ll let you know how that goes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

We carried on our bags, and having them taken off our hands and delivered INTO the room by 1300 was nearly priceless.

Do they take only the carry on size bags or do they take a larger bag also?

1 minute ago, JRondo said:

Cont.  Oops hit send.  I was going to say if when we go the benefits all work as well as everyone here is experiencing, I would buy it again but not sure for more than the 19.99 OP, that I got it for this time.  It is a little steep but we like to be spoiled when we vacation.  

There may be some value for 2 people with the key at $19.99 given the cost Voom. But once you go to 4 people which I would and The Key at $32 would be a total of $128/Day while you can get Voom Surf & Stream for $27 Total. That is an extra $100/Day premium. Hardly worth it.

I expect some push back.

Score for The Key!

aqua theater is broken so aqua show was cancelled, which we had reservations for tonight. 

But! Ice show is at the same time. No reservation? No problem. Interesting thing is the woman manning the door scanned our card anyway. She said we didn’t need reservations since we had the key, but she needs to scan anyway. Rolled in 10 minutes before show and have great seats. 

+1 for “worth it”

edited to add: at 5 minutes before the show they opened key and suite seat to general. So rolling in at 5 min before show would get greats seats too. So perhaps not as super awesome, but still nice since we aren’t the type to wait around for standby. I’d rather be sitting and posting silly things to an Internet message board. 

Edited by Orsino
5 minute update
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, seanjulz said:

It's gone up to 41aud on our cruise from Hawaii to Sydney on ovation we would not of brought it at that price its an extra 1400 for the cruise over what it was

Wow! 

Still at $27AUD for Explorer to South Pacific at the moment. $41AUD is not going to get much take up! 

On 2/8/2019 at 2:44 PM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Well appently RCI knows their customers can't do math:classic_rolleyes:😱

It appears that their customers have poor reading comprehension also. She has stated 4 devices a number of times. You are doing the math on 2.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:53 PM, Mushroomgav69 said:

As I was conveying on my last post was the price of the Key program is not pocket change. You pay dearly for the perks that you were paying for. 

Carnival does a reasonably price “faster to the fun” but you only get so so perks.

Royal was doing a dearly priced program for fairly good perks. Now they are already starting to change not even a month into the new program to so so perks and yet keeping the same price.

Well I guess you're really going to be angered by the new price of 31.99 with the same perks.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:46 PM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Agreed - but who wants to go at that time anyway?:classic_rolleyes:

My hubby gets up at 6 am for the gym. By 8 in the morning he will be more than ready to flow ride.:classic_rolleyes:

Well I just caught up on this thread, it really needs to be chopped off and a new one started. I was only about 7 pages behind and that took forever.