New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

6 hours ago, tomservo said:

When do they make the Key available in the cruise planner? I recently booked a cruise in May 2020, I can’t tell if I missed it and it’s already sold out, or if they haven’t offered it yet. 

No set time, check periodically.

8 hours ago, tomservo said:

When do they make the Key available in the cruise planner? I recently booked a cruise in May 2020, I can’t tell if I missed it and it’s already sold out, or if they haven’t offered it yet. 

It's listed under Internet and More in the cruise planner. As Host Clarea said just keep checking back periodically. When it's sold out it will say Sold Out (at least it does on my cruise planner)

14 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

It's listed under Internet and More in the cruise planner. As Host Clarea said just keep checking back periodically. When it's sold out it will say Sold Out (at least it does on my cruise planner)

On yours, what section is it under? In Internet & More, I see Voom Internet Packages, Arcade Credits, and Gifts & Gear.

Does the Key ever go back on sale?  We got it once at $19, but for our sailing in October on Harmony, it has stayed steady at $29.99.  Just wondering if anyone has seen it go up and down on Cruise Planner or has it settled in at that price only now?

Thanks.

Edited by RCFirstTimer
Word spelled wrong.

4 hours ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Does the Key ever go back on sale?  We got it once at $19, but for our sailing in October on Harmony, it has stayed steady at $29.99.  Just wondering if anyone has seen it go up and down on Cruise Planner or has it settled in at that price only now?

Thanks.

I've seen reports of varying prices.

4 hours ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Thanks.

I bought it at $19.99 many months ago and I have not seen it at that price again ( Symphony)

I'm wondering if anyone who has purchased the Key benefit was able to change their embarkation Chops lunch to a different day?  We love the routine of the WJ on the first day...BUFFET!  At the same time, I don't want to miss an opportunity in Chops.  I am just wondering if we can reschedule our Chops lunch to a different day.  Thanks!

22 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

No, we were not able to change lunch to another day. This wasn't an option offered, and the Key lunch has a set menu different from the Chops lunch.

Okay, thanks for confirming that.  I didn't realize the lunch menus were different too.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slyster said:

Okay, thanks for confirming that.  I didn't realize the lunch menus were different too.  Thanks again!

The lunch is an abbreviated version of the Chops regular lunch menu (missing a few items in each category) but it is the Chops food.

4 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

The lunch is an abbreviated version of the Chops regular lunch menu (missing a few items in each category) but it is the Chops food.

okay, that explains why I have seen the key chops lunch menu posted.  I didn't realize they were different from a regular chops lunch.  Thank you again!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI. We won our RoyalUP bid for a sky suite yesterday. Went today to cancel the key and since we are within 6 days of sailing (newbie mistake,) not allowed to cancel on line. I called Royal Caribbean and sat on the line with them for about half an hour while they tried to cancel it, called a supervisor to try to cancel it, also no luck.  Their only recommendation was to try to cancel on board next week.

I will be armed with the info from this thread (thanks to all who did all the work) and hopefully will be successful. 

Edited by cured
same reason as every other post. Fat fingers, cannot spell on my phone

3 minutes ago, cured said:

Went today to cancel the key and since we are within 6 days of sailing (newbie mistake,) not allowed to cancel on line.

That's an RCI IT issue, not newbie issue - should be able to cancel up till 3 days out.

55 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That's an RCI IT issue, not newbie issue - should be able to cancel up till 3 days out.

Who do I need to talk to then to get it cancelled? Customer service wouldn't do it either.  I am really not too worried as I did cancel 3 of the 4 yesterday. I only have one key that needs to be cancelled.

Edited by cured

Just now, cured said:

Who do I need to talk to then to get it cancelled. Customer service wouldn't do it either.

You'll need to keep trying yourself in the planner and/or keep calling till 3 days out. After that, you'll have to take their advice and cancel on board.

Just now, Biker19 said:

You'll need to keep trying yourself in the planner and/or keep calling till 3 days out. After that, you'll have to take their advice and cancel on board.

I don't think the planner is going to work.  This is what I get, in large bold letters 😀, when I log into my planner:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: DUE TO YOUR CRUISE VACATION DEPARTING WITHIN THE NEXT 6 DAYS, YOU CAN NO LONGER PURCHASE / RESERVE / MODIFY / CANCEL PRODUCTS ONLINE. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND VIEW YOUR SCHEDULE. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE ADDITIONAL RESERVATIONS / CHANGES ONCE ONBOARD.

I will keep trying to call and try different customer service reps. Now that I think of it, I think I also have the number of one of the planners who called me nonstop when I first booked and he told me to call him if I needed anything.

2 minutes ago, cured said:

I don't think the planner is going to work.  This is what I get, in large bold letters 😀, when I log into my planner:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: DUE TO YOUR CRUISE VACATION DEPARTING WITHIN THE NEXT 6 DAYS, YOU CAN NO LONGER PURCHASE / RESERVE / MODIFY / CANCEL PRODUCTS ONLINE. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE AND VIEW YOUR SCHEDULE. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE ADDITIONAL RESERVATIONS / CHANGES ONCE ONBOARD.

This is the first report I've seen about the planner shutting down 6 days out - RCI was working to make it 1 day, from the usual 3 days. Shore side may not be able to cancel it either.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1