New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

On 8/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, xpcdoojk said:

Over active imagination?

jc

Pretty sure over the past 5 or 6 years over 90% of the information I've divulged here as upcoming has been proven true via my source.  Claim what makes you feel better though.

10 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Pretty sure over the past 5 or 6 years over 90% of the information I've divulged here as upcoming has been proven true via my source.  Claim what makes you feel better though.

As if anyone would even try to validate that remarkable information accuracy.  Sounds, like something if you want to convince anyone with half a brain, you might want to show your work.  IE submit documentation for a peer review.  That is the way we do it in Academia. 

Personally, I read a lot of negativity that has rarely been accurate, but that is probably just my perception.

jc

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

I said the Wild Boys we’re performing on the Presidents Cruise and nobody believed me either. Does that count?

14 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

What happened with the 10%?

19 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

As if anyone would even try to validate that remarkable information accuracy.  Sounds, like something if you want to convince anyone with half a brain, you might want to show your work.  IE submit documentation for a peer review.  That is the way we do it in Academia. 

Personally, I read a lot of negativity that has rarely been accurate, but that is probably just my perception.

jc

I know someone that works at the office.  They tell me things.  I share some here.  Within months most of them come to be in effect.  Some don't.  I'm just sharing some of the things I've heard.  If you think there is more to it than that or feel offended, can't help you out. 

• Like 1

Hi, new to RCL and taking our first cruise in March 2020. We sail CCL on the Breeze in two weeks. We really enjoy FTTF on CCL as we travel with small children. 

It doesn't appear that the Key is the same perks as FTTF so wondering if it's valuable to you? And why? 

Also, am I interpreting it correctly that prices vary on the all inclusive beverage package? Do the prices vary for the specialty dining? 

TIA

3 minutes ago, BandBWCsmom said:

Hi, new to RCL and taking our first cruise in March 2020. We sail CCL on the Breeze in two weeks. We really enjoy FTTF on CCL as we travel with small children. 

It doesn't appear that the Key is the same perks as FTTF so wondering if it's valuable to you? And why? 

Also, am I interpreting it correctly that prices vary on the all inclusive beverage package? Do the prices vary for the specialty dining? 

TIA

Also look at the reviews thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2659054-key-reviews/

5 minutes ago, BandBWCsmom said:

Also, am I interpreting it correctly that prices vary on the all inclusive beverage package?

Do the prices vary for the specialty dining? 

Yes.

The individual ones don't vary too much though they can be differ between ships.

Just got off the Oasis on Thursday.  We had originally purchased the Key for all 6 of us.  We then dropped the key for the 4 members that were in the RoyalUP upgraded cabin since it was a CL suite and the benefits were redundant. But we kept the key for the 2 kids that were in a Boardwalk cabin thinking they would need it to board with us and sit with us at shows.

We purchased the key for one reason and one reason only - early departure the day we left as our one child had a flight out before 11 am and we were told we had to get off the boat as early as possible to make it to the airport on time.

The Key was useless for the Med sailing.

We arrived at the port at approximately 11:30 am to board. We were the ONLY people in the building there to board. Literally the only people. So we walked right up to the counter, registered, and walked on the ship. 5 minutes tops.

If you are getting the key for the extra hours, don't count on it. 1 hour for each thing on the one at sea day.  However, my kids had no problems zip lining. Didn't try the other stuff but we had a CL suite overlooking the back of the boat and the Flo Riders never looked very busy except for the times when it seems there were contests.

Debarkation. Not needed at all. We arrived back in Rome at 7, although the ship actually docked around 6:45am. We were at the Cafe Promenade having coffee at 6:30am.  There was one other family waiting to disembark.  One.  The guy told us to go get coffee and not stand in line as there was never a line in Rome. By the time the gangway opened up at 7:10 am, there were 3 families, not including ours, walking off the ship. We scanned our cards for the last time and walked off the ship and out to our waiting taxi.  We were in our taxi and on the road by 7:15.

Shows - we didn't do very many as we were exhausted at touring all day in the hot European sun. The reserved seats at the Aqua Show were nice but if you got there 20 minutes early, there were plenty of seats available.

The comedy shows we went to were moved to the Opal theater, so there were no reservations necessary and there were no reserved seating places anyway.

It was very expensive Voom, but we don't regret it because if we had not purchased it, Murphy's law would have had 150 families waiting to disembark.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 11:22 AM, cmich068 said:

I just purchased The Key for my upcoming Greek Isles cruise on Jewel. It was still selling for $19.99 three weeks out so I expect that they are not getting great uptake on my sailing.

Only really wanted to ensure priority tender access in our ports, but will obviously use the embarkation lunch and internet packages as well. Still not sure I see the value but will give it a shot and report back in a few weeks time. 

I got the Key as well for my Greek Isle cruise as well.   Have 3 tender ports and wanted to ensure that I got off for my private tours.   Was planning to get the internet anyway, so will try the Key once.  

55 minutes ago, mj said:

I got the Key as well for my Greek Isle cruise as well.   Have 3 tender ports and wanted to ensure that I got off for my private tours.   Was planning to get the internet anyway, so will try the Key once.  

Precisely why I got it for a 7-night cruise.  Check in, lunch, internet, tender priority, and just plain convenience.  🍷

On 8/12/2019 at 10:22 AM, cmich068 said:

I just purchased The Key for my upcoming Greek Isles cruise on Jewel. It was still selling for $19.99 three weeks out so I expect that they are not getting great uptake on my sailing.

Only really wanted to ensure priority tender access in our ports, but will obviously use the embarkation lunch and internet packages as well. Still not sure I see the value but will give it a shot and report back in a few weeks time. 

I am on the September 15th Jewel Greek Island cruise and also purchased the key for $19.99. I think the lower price may be more because Jewel is a smaller ship with less attractions to hae priority use of and no big shows that having reserved seating for would be a great benefit. I booked it for the priority embarkation and disembarkation mostly and because for once I was considering buying the internet package anyway and it was only six bucks more a day to get The Key.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, JAMESCC said:

Seems completely unreasonable and a terrible deal. Most people who book a balcony and probably even an Oceanview for that money could just book a Junior suite. I would rather take that money and get a better cabin or room category. This seems like a suckers deal, sorry.

I totally agree.  I would just upgrade my cabin for that cost. 

I think they were trying to do something like Carnival's "Faster to the Fun" program.  at least that one is $49.95 for the whole cabin, and is a one time cost.  only 50 per cruise are sold. I got it for our cabin of 4, and found it to be worth it.

Check it out right here:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-key-program

The Key is available for purchase after you book when you access Cruise Planner and is not for sale onboard. The Key is offered at a per day, per person price and all guests 6 and older in a reservation need to purchase The Key to receive the benefits.

6 minutes ago, Twice_a_year said:

I have read several comments on the advantages of the "KEY". Can someone explain what this is and cost if any  apply?

This was found by using the word "key" in the search box:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2601591-new-program-called-the-key/?do=findComment&comment=56115091

2 minutes ago, cruising texans 44 said:

As  Diamond Plus members my wife and I are very disappointed that RC took away some of our benefits in order to sell them to Key members. Seems making a buck is more important than loyalty. 

You still have many benefits that the Key doesn't provide