New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

You still have many benefits that the Key doesn't provide

However, what really matters is which benefits are important to you. If they take away the ones that are advantageous to you does it really matter which ones remain?

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 11:13 AM, cruising texans 44 said:

As  Diamond Plus members my wife and I are very disappointed that RC took away some of our benefits in order to sell them to Key members. Seems making a buck is more important than loyalty. 

What benefit did they take away from you?

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

What benefit did they take away from you?

Priority boarding. On our last cruise (our 39th with RC) the priority line for Suites, Pinnacle, and now Key members had 10 guests in it. The other line for everyone else had over 600. Taking away that benefit seemed unnecessary.

They also took away priority seating in the theater & ice show as well as priority departure.  

6 minutes ago, cruising texans 44 said:

Priority boarding. On our last cruise (our 39th with RC) the priority line for Suites, Pinnacle, and now Key members had 10 guests in it. The other line for everyone else had over 600. Taking away that benefit seemed unnecessary.

They also took away priority seating in the theater & ice show as well as priority departure.  

So your contention is that by allowing key people to use those privileges that it was somehow taken away from you?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Flyingmedic66 said:

So your contention is that by allowing key people to use those privileges that it was somehow taken away from you?

4 minutes ago, Flyingmedic66 said:

Well we had those benefits until the Key program started, now we don't and they do, so yes that is my contention.

6 minutes ago, Flyingmedic66 said:

Yep - that 8-9 more people in line that they can’t snob, like the other 600...🤣

That’s the real privilege that’s been “taken away”. 🙄

• Thanks 1

Yep - that 8-9 more people in line that they can’t snob, like the other 600...[emoji1787]
That’s the real privilege that’s been “taken away”. [emoji849]

Did you guys even read what they said? The post said diamond + used to get the priority line and now it’s only for suites, pinnacle, and key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Flyingmedic66 said:

How, exactly, do you see it when one group that used to have a privilege no longer has it and a group that never existed before now has that same privilege?

1 hour ago, mgantt87 said:

Did you guys even read what they said? The post said diamond + used to get the priority line and now it’s only for suites, pinnacle, and key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not even sure what snowglobe said and English is my native language.

12 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

What EXACTLY did you lose??

According to RCCL, you lost nothing...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/crown-and-anchor/pdf/CAS-member-grid.pdf

What the website says and what happen at the port and on the ships don't always match. Most people around here know that.

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What the website says and what happen at the port and on the ships don't always match. Most people around here know that.

And most people can tell when someone exaggerates & overstates to make a point.

27 minutes ago, brillohead said:

My understanding is that the Diamond Plus line gets called immediately after Suites/Pinnacles/Key.... do they now make Diamond Plus wait back with the unwashed masses in Gold???

I don't think the issue is the order of those boarding lines. The loss is the separate entrance to the security screening. I can remember cruises where it made a huge difference as the regular line was very long. On my last cruise ot actually made no difference as there was no line. From drop off to walking on the ship was all of 15 to 20 minutes. The keys showing up bought an amenity that was completely unneeded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think the issue is the order of those boarding lines. The loss is the separate entrance to the security screening.

That is not related to The Key.

This horse is dead.

Edited by snowglobe

This thread is about The Key. 

I came to it to read about The Key, not whiners who spread disinformation.

Start your own thread if you want to gripe about your perceived losses as a Diamond+. Hijacking a thread is not a privilege of Diamond+.

Edited by snowglobe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then why do you keep posting to the thread?🤔

If someone bothered to read the small print on the RC benefits page regarding the benefits discussed above it states as available or something to that effect. Those benefits are definitely not available on Liberty out of Galveston or Anthem out of New Jersey which we are booked on in Sept. so who is spreading disinformation.

Thanks Ocean Boy for trying to reason with this individual but you can't reason with someone with an attitude like that.

14 minutes ago, cruising texans 44 said:

If someone bothered to read the small print on the RC benefits page regarding the benefits discussed above it states as available or something to that effect. Those benefits are definitely not available on Liberty out of Galveston or Anthem out of New Jersey which we are booked on in Sept. so who is spreading disinformation.

Thanks Ocean Boy for trying to reason with this individual but you can't reason with someone with an attitude like that.

Where is this small print you speak of? I’m glad you are a keen observer of the details.....the devil is often found there, no?

BTW, how’s the weather in Ft. Wortn these days?

5 hours ago, snowglobe said:

This thread is about The Key. 

I came to it to read about The Key, not whiners who spread disinformation.

Start your own thread if you want to gripe about your perceived losses as a Diamond+. Hijacking a thread is not a privilege of Diamond+.

You are funny. On a message board you have two options, either read what people write.... or don't.😁

3 minutes ago, atush said:

For practical purposes (i have the key for my next cruise but havent used it yet) they say on TRs that The key board with Diamond/D+.  Not before?

We had key on Anthem 8/1 from Cape Liberty. Suite/pinnacle boarded and then they started row by row of diamond plus/diamond/key. We were gold status but had the key and placed in the 4th long row of seats. The key was not called out individually to board. They just stated they were boarding row by row. 

2 hours ago, Crazydancemom said:

We had key on Anthem 8/1 from Cape Liberty. Suite/pinnacle boarded and then they started row by row of diamond plus/diamond/key. We were gold status but had the key and placed in the 4th long row of seats. The key was not called out individually to board. They just stated they were boarding row by row. 

Boarding was not the problem at Galveston it was getting thru security where only suite, pinnacle, and key guest were permitted in the priority line and everyone else was in another line. How was that handled on your Anthem cruise?