Antigua by Sea

PAcruiser19372

Considering a six hour tour around the Island by boat.  For those who have done these tours I believe I've seen post that say it's rough once these boats are on the Atlantic side.  I don't want to put my wife thru rough conditions.  I know one day the ocean can be as smooth as glass and the next day like a roller coaster.  Is that true for Antigua that every day is different or as a rule is the Atlantic side generally smooth?  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 10:28 AM, taylortime05 said:

Hi - Did you take this excursion?  I have this booked with Celebrity while on Reflection next month.

I am booked with Celebrity for this excursion as well but don't sail on Reflection until January.  There's a recent review that is making me seriously consider cancelling and looking for another snorkelling excursion.  According to the reviewer it was a very high speed catamaran trip with music so loud you couldn't hear the commentary and booze was flowing freely.  Lunch apparently was good tho.  If you decide to do this trip can you please report back when you return?  Much appreciated!

On 11/30/2018 at 5:17 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

I am booked with Celebrity for this excursion as well but don't sail on Reflection until January.  There's a recent review that is making me seriously consider cancelling and looking for another snorkelling excursion.  According to the reviewer it was a very high speed catamaran trip with music so loud you couldn't hear the commentary and booze was flowing freely.  Lunch apparently was good tho.  If you decide to do this trip can you please report back when you return?  Much appreciated!

I saw 2 negative reviews and am thinking of cancelling this tour as well depending on what your review is!

13 hours ago, Country_Cruiser67 said:

I saw 2 negative reviews and am thinking of cancelling this tour as well depending on what your review is!

Sorry, don't wait for me..I cancelled this tour and think we'll just do a beach day here instead.  We have snorkelling and dive excursions booked at several other ports so won't miss this one too much, especially if it's as reported.