Breakaway secrets

govols1

Going on my first NCL cruise from New Orleans November 25th.  Can anyone share any secrets or favorite spots or must do activities?  We have UBC and specialty dining packages and have upgrade requests for all 3 spa room categories.  

Thanks in advance.   

• Like 2

You can get great Lobster Rolls (about $10?) and a couple of other items at OceanBlue's walk-up window on the water front.  Only available on sea days  from 12 - 2pm.    (Check the daily paper.)

Also, watch daily paper for complimentary themed lunch buffets at Modernos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Use a SDP credit at the Raw Bar and fill yourself up with lots and lots of fresh sea food (and lobster).

Neither one of us like uncooked seafood other than oysters on the half shell.  Two questions:

1.  Is the lobster or other seafood cooked?

2. Are oysters on the half shell one of the choices?

pay someone to reserve a spot in the atrium for any activities. both times i was on BA you had to virtually fight for a seat. some may say having one activity right after the other is a good idea. but it gives zero chance for people to naturally vacate seats. even if you run you may not get a seat. i found it not a fun experience. 

now something like regal princess has a huge 3 story piazza with soooo much more room.  but you dont have the quantity nor silliness of the BA games/events. 

On 11/5/2018 at 9:00 PM, BirdTravels said:

Use a SDP credit at the Raw Bar and fill yourself up with lots and lots of fresh sea food (and lobster).

How does the SDP credit work at the Raw Bar? Is anything considered an entree? Or can you get as much of whatever you want?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sangria was hard to get on our recent 15 day cruise.  The pool bar had it a few days.  I think I saw it at O'Sheehan's once or twice.  They no longer made it in big jars with fruit like we saw on previous cruises.  It came from a smaller container as if it was purchased prepared.

favorite bars:  Pool Bar to people watch.  Maltings and Shaker's, each with a different focus on drinks of course.

Spice H2O is a quiet place for adults on sea days.  Sunbathe, bar, 2 spas, and a splash area.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2018 at 3:05 PM, luckyinpa said:

pay someone to reserve a spot in the atrium for any activities. both times i was on BA you had to virtually fight for a seat. some may say having one activity right after the other is a good idea. but it gives zero chance for people to naturally vacate seats. even if you run you may not get a seat. i found it not a fun experience. 

now something like regal princess has a huge 3 story piazza with soooo much more room.  but you dont have the quantity nor silliness of the BA games/events. 

Good post! 👍

We were on the Breakaway twice. We were very glad to return to Princess.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:49 PM, Sand and Seas said:

You can get great Lobster Rolls (about $10?) and a couple of other items at OceanBlue's walk-up window on the water front.  Only available on sea days  from 12 - 2pm.    (Check the daily paper.)

Also, watch daily paper for complimentary themed lunch buffets at Modernos.

Got the Lobster Roll on Wednesday, 12/5 because of this recommendation.  It tasted good, but $11.75 for a sandwich that was 4" long with about 3-4 little chunks of lobster was VERY disappointing!  Definitely not worth the price.  Sorry.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve been reading Y’all.    Ok.  I asked NCL when I booked the breakaway and they said yes but after researching it, I think the lady was wrong 😭.    Is there an adults only pool that is available on the breakaway.    Not the haven.   Not the Vibe.   Just a normal adults only pool.   Normally I wouldn’t care but this is out adults only cruise 🙈 Tell me y’all have a secret pool I’m not finding!!! 

Yay!!!!!!!!    Thank you!    I know that sounds like I hate kids.  I don’t.    I’m a children’s photographer.   I love kids.    I just don’t want to hang with kiddos that aren’t my own on vacation 🤣

• Haha 2