British Colonial Hilton

vacationlover_mn

Ok, I know I should search this topic, but I’m having issues getting search to work from my phone, on the updated cc 😞

DH and I might want to do an easy beach day in Nassau- something within walking distance.  We’ve done Junkanoo, but heard prices have really went up at Tiki Bikini after the remodel.

I have some questions regarding the Hilton-

Is it really a quick walk from the RCI dock?

I see there are lots of places I could by a day pass from.  Where is the best deal?

Does the daypass include umbrella and chairs?

Do we need to rush there first thing in the morning to get a “front row” spot?

Is this really the best place to go within walking distance?

thanks!!!

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Ok, I know I should search this topic, but I’m having issues getting search to work from my phone, on the updated cc 😞

DH and I might want to do an easy beach day in Nassau- something within walking distance.  We’ve done Junkanoo, but heard prices have really went up at Tiki Bikini after the remodel.

I see there are lots of places I could by a day pass from.  Where is the best deal?

Does the daypass include umbrella and chairs?

Do we need to rush there first thing in the morning to get a “front row” spot?

Is this really the best place to go within walking distance?

thanks!!!

We have been there once on a day pass. We enjoyed our day there. It is an easy walk from the cruise terminal. We did not use the pool as the beach is what it's all about for us. We had no problem getting a chair with an umbrella. The beach is clean and private (no vendors) The water was clean and clear, we did not do any snorkeling so I don't know if there are any fish or coral The view is, of course, of the bay and port so you have a view of the cruise ships (we actually enjoyed the view) It is not all inclusive but you do get a food and beverage credit which you can use for food or drinks. When you are ready to go back to your ship, you just pack up and walk without having to wait for a cab or bus. I don't remember if we reserved through the hotel or resort for a day (it was a few years ago)  It was a nice beach day😃

4 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

If you've been to Junkanoo, then you've walked right past it. :classic_smile:

51 minutes ago, cindivan said:

I’m looking at the Hilton website and it says $100 per adult with $40 credit. Am I looking st the wrong place?

Resort for a Day website lists it for $82 with a $40 drink and food credit. When we were there 2 years ago we were able to get a moderately priced lunch and one alcoholic drink for our $40. Or you could just get a bunch of Bahama Mamas and just eat when you get back to the ship😄😄 I read some recent reviews and they were quite positive although there is construction going on which bothered some people due to the noise.

1 hour ago, cindivan said:

I’m looking at the Hilton website and it says $100 per adult with $40 credit. Am I looking st the wrong place?

Their website does say $100 with $40 credit. Maybe Resort for a Day 's site has a reduced rate or it might have gone up recently and is not reflected on their website. If it is $100 I would probably be inclined to look at one of the other all inclusive day passes unless the convenience of being so close to the port is important to you.

We've gone there several times and had a very enjoyable, low-key, restful day.  You do get a towel, and a chair or lounger.  We've used both the pool and beach.  The food and drinks very very good and the folks who work there are friendly and helpful.  You don't need to rush there first thing because there are never too many people there early.

Now if you don't mind taking a cab/van, head on over to the Melia which is a very nice property with an ocean view.  More crowded and as I remember, the drinks there were very expensive and had a horrible taste, ugh!  But other than that, we enjoyed our stay there and enjoyed the free Starbucks drinks from the coupons they gave us.  A towel is included here also along with chairs.