Regal Medallion Getting Much Better

MTNestr

Seeing a lot of activity installing panels at the cabin doors today.  We got on the Regal on 10/20 and we were given a Medallion at checkin but it hasn’t worked very well.  It usually took several tries by touching the screen with our medallion each time to get in but today the door unlocked before we took it out of our pocket.  Just prior they had worked on our cabin lock.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

They have a long way to go as far as completing installation. Many cabins/decks still not even close to being completed. Saw many more techs getting on in Ft Lauderdale.

Since the Regal has not yet arrived in Fr Lauderdale we must question your post.  The ship does not get to FL until 11/11 when it arrives from NYC.

Hank

Just tried an experiment to see how far from our cabin door the medallion would work.  The farthest I could see was six cabins and at six cabins the door was unlocked.  I’ll try again with my wife’s help.

7 hours ago, MTNestr said:

Just tried an experiment to see how far from our cabin door the medallion would work.  The farthest I could see was six cabins and at six cabins the door was unlocked.  I’ll try again with my wife’s help.

So if you are walking in the hallway near or past your cabin with no intention of going inside it, your door is unlocked for a bit of time so that anyone else could go inside. Correct?

8 hours ago, molme said:

What cabins have the Medallion?..We are sailing in Feb in M201.  Wondering if we may get a chance to try it out.

I think by Feb there should be a really good chance since they have the rest of nov, about 3 weeks in Dec and all of Jan

13 hours ago, caribill said:

So if you are walking in the hallway near or past your cabin with no intention of going inside it, your door is unlocked for a bit of time so that anyone else could go inside. Correct?

Yes - that appears to be the case.

Last night and this morning the distant you needed to be from the door was about 5 feet and be there for about 2 seconds.  It appeared they had fine tuned it a little from the prior distances of 20 to 30 feet.

After lunch the distance was more like 10+ feet.  

Also last night while sitting next to the door (inside) I noticed the lock was clicking randomly every few seconds like someone was unlocking it. This morning I was not noticing this sound.

Also - the coffee card is on our room card now.  We are on B2B cruises and the unused punches were carried forward to the 2nd cruise.  I now have 27 punches left.  I get the card mainly for the unlimited coffee since the coffee card is free for Elite paxs.

Edited by MTNestr

2 hours ago, MTNestr said:

Last night and this morning the distant you needed to be from the door was about 5 feet and be there for about 2 seconds.  It appeared they had fine tuned it a little from the prior distances of 20 to 30 feet.

Also last night while sitting next to the door (inside) I noticed the lock was clicking randomly every few seconds like someone was unlocking it. This morning I was not noticing this sound.

Also - the coffee card is on our room card now.  We are on B2B cruises and the unused punches were carried forward to the 2nd cruise.  I now have 27 punches left.  I get the card mainly for the unlimited coffee since the coffee card is free for Elite paxs.

Is the coffee card free or do you swap your mini bar setup for the card?  Last time I was on Regal we could have one or the other but not both free.  Please clarify.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

Is the coffee card free or do you swap your mini bar setup for the card?  Last time I was on Regal we could have one or the other but not both free.  Please clarify.  Thank you.

They are not free. Must purchase or exchange for the mini bar.

3 hours ago, MTNestr said:

Does the unlimited brewed coffee also carry over or just the "punches"?

18 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not sure what you are saying? 

It was a poor attempt at humor. Poster said tech workers boarded in FLL. Responder said ship hadn't yet arrived in FLL. I was playing off the comment that the workers had a long way to go. (I know, he was referring to a lot of work that needed to be done, not the distance that the workers had to travel.)

It wasn't really worth the explanation, was it? But you asked.

MTNestr-  Do you know if they will accept the old coffee cards now that they put it on your cruise card?  Have you see anyone using the coffee cards to get a specialty coffee?  I have 2 and would like to use them on our Nov 25th Regal Princess cruise.  They have the sailing date of the original cruise on them.

3 hours ago, sandyoftheseas said:

MTNestr-  Do you know if they will accept the old coffee cards now that they put it on your cruise card?  Have you see anyone using the coffee cards to get a specialty coffee?  I have 2 and would like to use them on our Nov 25th Regal Princess cruise.  They have the sailing date of the original cruise on them.

Not the OP however.....

Yes. I have been using them the entire cruise. No issues. They still have the hole puncher at the IC. I have about 6 of them, some blank and some with other ship names.