Ocean Medallion. What If

Hlitner

Here is a question for OM fans 🤔. DW normally has me carry her cruise card in the evening since she generally has no pockets.  Being a retired teacher there is no way she is wearing an ugly neck things or putting an ugly OM on her wrist.  So if I have two OMs in my pocket what will happen with sensors.  If I go to the toilet will Princess think I am doing it twice at the same time?  Or perhaps they send security thinking that a female is in the men’s room.  If a bar waiter scans a person with 2 OMs will they get charged twice or will the portable scanner self-destruct like in Mission Impossible?

Hank

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Here is a question for OM fans 🤔. DW normally has me carry her cruise card in the evening since she generally has no pockets.  Being a retired teacher there is no way she is wearing an ugly neck things or putting an ugly OM on her wrist.  So if I have two OMs in my pocket what will happen with sensors.  If I go to the toilet will Princess think I am doing it twice at the same time?  Or perhaps they send security thinking that a female is in the men’s room.  If a bar waiter scans a person with 2 OMs will they get charged twice or will the portable scanner self-destruct like in Mission Impossible?

Hank

As for the bathroom question, they would probably just chalk it up to two cruisers having sex in the men's room.

• Haha 1

As far as the point of sale, the cashier is given photographs of the medallion holders in the immediate area. They then choose which person to charge. In other words, no you should not be overcharged.

As far as the bathroom, I doubt that anybody is paying attention to the exact location of 4000 passengers 24 hours a day. Nothing to worry about.

On 11/8/2018 at 1:53 PM, BDRebel said:

As far as the point of sale, the cashier is given photographs of the medallion holders in the immediate area. They then choose which person to charge. In other words, no you should not be overcharged.

As far as the bathroom, I doubt that anybody is paying attention to the exact location of 4000 passengers 24 hours a day. Nothing to worry about.

You would think that?   But why did Princess put a sensor in each cabin bathroom, in addition to the sensor on the cabin ceiling.  Perhaps they will "push" Pepto Bismol ads to those who spend a lot of time on the toilet😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 6:13 AM, Hlitner said:

You would think that?   But why did Princess put a sensor in each cabin bathroom, in addition to the sensor on the cabin ceiling.  Perhaps they will "push" Pepto Bismol ads to those who spend a lot of time on the toilet😊

We put our cards and medallions on the counter when we enter a cabin. We had an OM cabin in August. I'm sure it looked like we never went to the bathroom in our cabin since we don't take them in there. I doubt Princess cares how many OMs are in a public restroom even if of the opposite sex. Maybe we should leave our OMs in the bathroom overnight.

1 hour ago, megs1954 said:

We put our cards and medallions on the counter when we enter a cabin. We had an OM cabin in August. I'm sure it looked like we never went to the bathroom in our cabin since we don't take them in there. I doubt Princess cares how many OMs are in a public restroom even if of the opposite sex. Maybe we should leave our OMs in the bathroom overnight.

Then they might think you are constipated and push out ads for Miralax :).  The possibilities are endless but folks are obviously giving up some privacy.  

Hank

On 11/7/2018 at 7:56 AM, Hlitner said:

Hank

Get her a collection of nice evening purses and let her carry  own  Medallion.

You are looking for a problem where t here is none.  😛

9 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Get her a collection of nice evening purses and let her carry  own  Medallion.

You are looking for a problem where t here is none.  😛

Now you are treading on sensitive territory :).  DW has plenty of evening purses but prefers not to carry anything when on a ship.  She loves the freedom of going "purse free."   One of her friends thinks that is very weird as she will not go anywhere without a purse.  I guess DW figures a good reason to have a husband it because he has pockets :).  When the day comes that we need to carry Medallions you can be sure I will have one in each front pocket :). 

So here is your thought/question for the day.  What does Queen Elizabeth II carry in her purse?

Hank

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Now you have spilled the beans:  of course that is the primary reason many women keep their husbands.

LOL..............     can't argue    that point.

16 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Now that, my dear friend, is the question!    Just Google "Princess Cruise Lines Ocean Medallion" and you shall be wowed (not really).

Hank

So it's like a Royal WOW band, but for a suite level experience. 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:43 AM, ontheweb said:

As for the bathroom question, they would probably just chalk it up to two cruisers having sex in the men's room.

Only if he was in the men's room, perhaps it was the ladies, in which case it is perfectly normal to go in pairs.😛

On 11/24/2018 at 9:48 AM, Hlitner said:

Now you are treading on sensitive territory :).  DW has plenty of evening purses but prefers not to carry anything when on a ship.  She loves the freedom of going "purse free."   One of her friends thinks that is very weird as she will not go anywhere without a purse.  I guess DW figures a good reason to have a husband it because he has pockets :).  When the day comes that we need to carry Medallions you can be sure I will have one in each front pocket :). 

So here is your thought/question for the day.  What does Queen Elizabeth II carry in her purse?

Hank

HRH probably carries tissues/handkerchiefs, lip stick and a small compact.  If she has life threatening allergies and/or asthma (I don't know much about her) she probably carries an epi-pen and/or inhaler.  She might also have some hard candy/cough drops.

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2018 at 6:48 AM, Hlitner said:

LOL. I get fancy dresses with pockets! They're magic. :-)

I have a basic question: What comes with the medallion? Do you get a lanyard or wrist band or clip, or do you have to purchase those things? I'd be fine carrying it loose in my pocket, but we will have the grandkids with us. I don't think I'd trust their pockets!

6 hours ago, cruznliz said:

I have a basic question: What comes with the medallion? Do you get a lanyard or wrist band or clip, or do you have to purchase those things? 

Silicone wrist band, but your invited to buy a variety of tacky holders

On 1/23/2019 at 8:02 PM, Nightrythm said:

LOL. I get fancy dresses with pockets! They're magic. 🙂

On 1/24/2019 at 5:09 AM, MicCanberra said:

Very fancy. We would call that a frock.:classic_laugh:

I recently took my daughter formal dress shopping and they are starting to put pockets in ball gown style/full skirt dresses.

• Like 1