Bar drink price increase and Classic Beverage Package

schiff1997

21 minutes ago, quickrate said:

I am going to be joining you on the Divina Dec.9th and also upgraded to the classic drink package as well as others in the group of people we are sailing with. Please let us know! As you did, I upgraded to include drinks that weren't on the drinks promotion

Pat

I will as soon as I get wifi, probably not until Nov. 21st.  Hoping someone that came back today would give us some info.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I am doing a 10 day on Divina in Feb 2019 and was on the fence about upgrading from Drinks on Us to CLASSIC and I remembered reading this thread, so I logged in tonight to see what was available and this is what I see. First pic is from Oct 29th and the 2nd pic is from today:

1503058976_MSCbevpkg.thumb.png.5bffad7e1883a4539e9cba2c2ddf6316.png

It appears that CLASSIC is now called Easy and DELUXE is now called Premium. Note the price changes- classic went down $30 and the deluxe went up $180. Not sure what other changes were made to the package details or what is included now vs. included previously. 

MSC bev pkg Nov 2018.png

So what package will I get if I have already purchased the Deluxe?  Will I have to pay the difference of the Premium or will MSC refund the difference for the new deluxe?  Just when I thought MSC had a great beverage package, they sound like they may have the worst.  This is actually unbelievable if they don't honor the premium if you have already purchased the Deluxe.  At least NCL honors whatever package you originally purchased whenever they have increases.  I can only assume MSC will do the right thing too.

11 minutes ago, mvh said:

So what package will I get if I have already purchased the Deluxe?  Will I have to pay the difference of the Premium or will MSC refund the difference for the new deluxe?  Just when I thought MSC had a great beverage package, they sound like they may have the worst.  This is actually unbelievable if they don't honor the premium if you have already purchased the Deluxe.  At least NCL honors whatever package you originally purchased whenever they have increases.  I can only assume MSC will do the right thing too.

Why do you say they won’t honor it? We have the deluxe and that’s what I expect

to have when we cruise on the 24th this month. I upgraded from the DOU yo classic then wasn’t sure about the drink price increase so we upgraded get again. 

2 minutes ago, schiff1997 said:

Seriously Heineken or Miller Lite ONLY on the new Easy Package !!! What happened to the Gelato and the milkshakes !  Hopefully someone onboard can soon verify what’s going on ! 

Brutal! What is MSC doing? They are trying to lure people from other lines and now they pull this? Even if they honor my Deluxe pkg,  I can guarantee this will be a one and done cruise.  I'm sure this will put a lot of others off as well.

5 minutes ago, jess_2012#1 said:

Why do you say they won’t honor it? We have the deluxe and that’s what I expect

to have when we cruise on the 24th this month. I upgraded from the DOU yo classic then wasn’t sure about the drink price increase so we upgraded get again. 

The reason I don't think they will honor it is because there are so many different packages (currently 5 that I'm aware of) now that the bar tenders will need a PHD to figure out what each passenger is entitled to. My guess is the bars will be a bigger nightmare than they already are.  I really hope they prove me wrong, so I can eat crow. 

This is not looking good for those of us with the Classic package.  It looks like they've priced many cocktails, beers and probably wines on the ship so we will end up basically getting the very limited choices equivalent to the new Easy package.  I will not be happy about paying an additional $18 per day for no better choice than the Drinks On Us I started with.  I wonder how they plan to get out of the liquor offerings since the package comparison chart goes by brands rather than price for them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sidari said:

The New packages are online and do not make for good reading!

No they really don't. I booked YC, which obviously includes the Premium package. Well I booked before the changes so I expect to get what was originally on the package - room service and minibar were two of the main things - or else I will be looking for compensation on the price I paid for the room.

I board the Divina Sunday and booked for 32 days. We upgraded to the Classic package. I am going to be really PO'd if I can only have Miller Lite...what the heck!!!🤢

I will not be happy having paid $1100 for Miller Lite only!  I will let you know next Wed. what is happening when we are in Cartagena.

We booked because of the drink packages, guess we will be looking at NCL again.

All they would have to do is have classic, deluxe, premium and easy on your drink card and honor what we already paid for.

• Like 1

Why the name change once again? we have Deluxe having upgraded from Classic which came with our Aurea balcony, on the UK site the Premium plus is not available for anyone to book who might be booking the Xmas cruise from today. The New prices are from today.

We will be interested as we board when you get off.

I’m on the Armonia in May.  When I saw this thread last week I booked the delux plan fearing a price increase.  Now the options have changed to Premium and Easy and the prices have skyrocketed but my booking still shows the deluxe plan.  Hopefully they do grandfather people in. Although this does leave a bad taste in my mouth. Especially because only two of our four paid for the drinks already.  Although I will be backing out of an alcohol plan all together if the mini-bar is not included.