Will I Have Enough Time to Make It To Vancouver

trying2photo

We will be cruising Ovation of the Seas on May 13, 2019 out of Vancouver.  That weekend is my daughters college graduation so we will not be able to fly into Seattle until late afternoon on May 12th.  The flights are several hundred dollars cheaper for me to fly into Seattle and pay to shuttle to Vancouver. That means I would have to shuttle to Vancouver on the actual morning of my cruise departure.  I have researched and understand that most people do not recommend using the train for the morning of the cruise due to so many variables.  The shuttle bus schedules have not been released yet, but it looks like there are usually some early departure times.  So will we be okay using a shuttle bus the morning of our cruise or are we going to have to spend the extra money to fly into Vancouver?

Did you price Alaska Airlines for a non-stop flight SEA-YVR ?

Bus options include cruiseline,  Gryehound, Bolt Bus, and Quick Shuttle.

Keep in mind that you could also rent a car ...... this would give you the flexibility to depart when you wish and you could drop the car off at or near Canada Place.  

If you're not comfortable driving, take the first run of Quick Shuttle.  It leaves Seatac at 8am and arrives to Canada Place at 12:30pm.   Even if the border is backed up there's more than enough wiggle room. 

This is last summer's schedule. Can't imagine a big change but call and ask them

http://www.quickcoach.com/xPDF/QuickSummer2018.pdf.

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

If you're not comfortable driving, take the first run of Quick Shuttle.  It leaves Seatac at 8am and arrives to Canada Place at 12:30pm.   Even if the border is backed up there's more than enough wiggle room. 

This is last summer's schedule. Can't imagine a big change but call and ask them

http://www.quickcoach.com/xPDF/QuickSummer2018.pdf.

Thank you!  That is helpful info.  I will call and see if they have info on a new schedule.

A one way flight (around 45 min.) departing the early or late evening on the 12th will cost $131 if booked today.  You wouldn't have to leave the airport.  The first shuttle in the morning, assuming the 8 AM departure still holds, will cost $60 and take four hours or a bit more.  

An airport-area hotel in Seattle will probably cost $120 - $200 or more; an airport-area hotel in Vancouver will be a little less.  

Personally, for the sake of peace of mind, I'd just fly.  Your call, of course.