Please recommend, with two kids, Eco Tour or Catamaran?

michelle.zhang.90

It's so hard to decided. Our cruise will arrive St. Johns, Antigua before Christmas. We are a family of four: DH, me, DD(almost 😎 and DS(5.5).

We are debating what to do in St Johns, Antigua.

Option 1: Eco tour. It looks fun, but we are not sure if those rock climbing would be suitable for them. They are very much looking forward for snorkeling though. The Eco tour seems the only Eco tour in the area.

Option 2: Catamaran with lobster lunch. There is some swimming but not snorkel.

Option 2 is slightly cheaper. It's organized by the cruise ship, I think will be very relaxing.

Which one shall we choose? Please give some suggestions.

Thank you!!!

I've done both but hard to say for your family.  When we did the Eco tour thru a private company it was very good.  Where there was some rock climbing my wife and I stayed at the boat; she swam and I did a little snorkeling.  There was another part where we climbed up to an overlook while they were preparing lunch on the boat.  We had our grandkids with us but they were in their early teens so the rock climbing and going up to the overlook was no big deal for them, not sure about a five and a half year old.  But one of you could stay behind while the other did some exploring.  We did the lobster lunch thru RCI and while it was OK it was somewhat boring as all we did was stop at a couple of beaches and swim.  The grilled lobster on the boat was very good however.  Swim and lobster lunch or some snorkeling and sight seeing with a lunch on the boat, that is the question!

On 11/14/2018 at 3:57 PM, PAcruiser19372 said:

I've done both but hard to say for your family.  When we did the Eco tour thru a private company it was very good.  Where there was some rock climbing my wife and I stayed at the boat; she swam and I did a little snorkeling.  There was another part where we climbed up to an overlook while they were preparing lunch on the boat.  We had our grandkids with us but they were in their early teens so the rock climbing and going up to the overlook was no big deal for them, not sure about a five and a half year old.  But one of you could stay behind while the other did some exploring.  We did the lobster lunch thru RCI and while it was OK it was somewhat boring as all we did was stop at a couple of beaches and swim.  The grilled lobster on the boat was very good however.  Swim and lobster lunch or some snorkeling and sight seeing with a lunch on the boat, that is the question!

Thank you! We chose Eco tour. Hope DS can have some fun! PS. We are from PA too!