Ship to Replace Anthem in Bayonne

3 hours ago, rothschilda said:

It would NOT fit under the Verrazano Bridge. An Oasis Class ship will NOT be in Cape Liberty until they find a way to lower the ship enough to make it under the bridge. The biggest complication are their funnels.

And that is exactly what the Anthem Captain said at his Q&A session.

1 minute ago, rothschilda said:

Who said the word “weight”. My GT stats are accurate though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Quantum_of_the_Seas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Oasis_of_the_Seas

You did... you said "lbs."   That is an abbreviation for pounds, which is a unit of weight. 

I certainly do not need the links to wikipedia. LOL

2 minutes ago, rothschilda said:

Glad someone is finally agreeing with something I am saying, instead of nitpicking my details and criticizing! Lol

Mine was a friendly FYI - Not on me if you took it as nitpicking or criticizing. I was doing neither. 

22 hours ago, rothschilda said:

Yes, seriously. The Quantum Class ships BARELY make it under the bridge, and that’s when they take on water in the lowest deck to ensure clearance. With the Oasis Class ships being a full two decks higher than the Quantum Class ships (18 decks vs. 16 decks), that is a tremendous differenece. The gross tonnage is also a significant jump (225,282 tons vs. 167,800 tons — that’s 114,964,000 lbs. difference). And last, but certainly not least, the Oasis Class ships can hold 5400 passengers, while the Quantum Class ships hold 4180 passengers (almost 25% more). The difference between these two classes of ships is more than just one being cold-weather ready!!

You need to do some reading on GRT.  Your math only proves you know how to subtract and multiply.  

29 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

You did... you said "lbs."   That is an abbreviation for pounds, which is a unit of weight. 

I certainly do not need the links to wikipedia. LOL

Seriously? Again, the nitpicking details. Yes, lbs = pounds.

In case you were unaware, tons is 2000 lbs...

You can figure out the rest.

Edited by rothschilda
Mistype

1 minute ago, rothschilda said:

Seriously? Again, the nitpicking details. Yes, lbs = pounds.

In case you were unaware, tons is 2000 lbs...

You can figure out the rest.

Ok dude... you said "who mentioned weight" and I responded that YOU did.  You clearly still don't get it... it was not nitpicking, it was a friendly FYI, but you are only reading what you want - not sure why. 🙄

3 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

No it didn't. Liberty was in Bayonne from May 2015 - November 2015 until Anthem got here.

I surrender. Please stop criticizing all of the insignificant details. This post was initially opened because I wanted to see what people thought about an incoming ship. Not all of the other nonsense thaf followed. Please stop. 

2 minutes ago, rothschilda said:

I surrender. Please stop criticizing all of the insignificant details. This post was initially opened because I wanted to see what people thought about an incoming ship. Not all of the other nonsense thaf followed. Please stop. 

Easiest way to make it stop is by not posting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rothschilda said:

My first post in this thread and was just correcting incorrect facts that was posted by someone else.

Edited by gaylemh

6 hours ago, meadowlander said:

I don't think an Oasis class ship will be assigned to Bayonne, certainly not a new build. As a wise poster on these boards informed us...Bayonne is where ships are exiled to. And I don't think he was joking about that!:classic_laugh:

So what you are saying that RCL is stupid enough to exile 2 brand new technological Quantum class to Bayonne.:classic_rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, nelblu said:

So what you are saying that RCL is stupid enough to exile 2 brand new technological Quantum class to Bayonne.:classic_rolleyes:

Anthem was😉 and one might say that Quantum was liberated from Bayonne.😀

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

They built the new terminal in Miami because Miami never had a terminal that could accommodate Oasis class.  When Oasis class was being built, RC invested in the new terminal in Port Everglades.

Symphony is the first Oasis class ship to homeport in Miami.

I thought Allure was there now as well.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Anthem was😉 and one might say that Quantum was liberated from Bayonne.😀

Eh!  So you are saying that every port other than FFL, Miami & possibly China those ships are being exiled,:classic_rolleyes: eh!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Eh!  So you are saying that every port other than FFL, Miami & possibly China those ships are being exiled,:classic_rolleyes: eh!

Winks and smiles = jokes.

I’d love for Oasis to be closer to my house and not lose 2 days to travel each way. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 1:04 AM, Baron Barracuda said:

Remember reading that Royal made certain guarantees to Port Authority of NY/NJ in order to obtain funding for terminal improvements.  Believe one was that a Q class ship would be permanently based there.  Doubt PANYNJ would be happy with reduction in port charges if Royal replaced Anthem (4200 passengers double occupancy) with Adventure (3100) or even a Freedom class (3600) for an extended period. 

I think your numbers for the capacity of Freedom and Adventure are the original ones, after numerous dry docks inventing new placed to add cabins both the Freedom and Voyager Class caught up to the Quantum Class. Let's see what will happen during dry dock of Anthem, sure a few places to "amplify" with new cabins will be found :D