Ship to Replace Anthem in Bayonne

Quantum Ultra 2 will debut in NYC in 2020 following the departure of Anthem to the UK.

Royal Caribbean studied an Oasis-class ship departing from Bayonne during the summer season.  

Officers often leak information during their gatherings, but you have to "take it with a grain of salt..."

13 minutes ago, mbjboyle said:

Quantum Ultra 2 will debut in NYC in 2020 following the departure of Anthem to the UK.

Royal Caribbean studied an Oasis-class ship departing from Bayonne during the summer season.  

Officers often leak information during their gatherings, but you have to "take it with a grain of salt..."

Yep, and and officer leaked to me recently that Anthem was coming back after the summer in the UK.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

Yep, and and officer leaked to me recently that Anthem was coming back after the summer in the UK.

I swear that the officers just leak fake information to passengers just to get rid of them and then laugh once that passenger starts posting supposed top secret information. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gaylemh said:

Good news. Anthem is a good fit for the climate sailing from Beautiful and Gorgeous Bayonne.

Liberate her from across the pond and bring her back home. :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I think your numbers for the capacity of Freedom and Adventure are the original ones, after numerous dry docks inventing new placed to add cabins both the Freedom and Voyager Class caught up to the Quantum Class. Let's see what will happen during dry dock of Anthem, sure a few places to "amplify" with new cabins will be found 😄

A year old, but should still be accurate

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/Fleet-Guide.pdf

4 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Good news. Anthem is a good fit for the climate sailing from Beautiful and Gorgeous Bayonne.

Liberate her from across the pond and bring her back home. :classic_tongue:

We won't know anything for sure until the actual itineraries come out in December.

9 hours ago, jonesy4life9 said:

Unfortunately, Quantum 5 will be powered by LNG.  From my understanding, Bayonne is not equipped for this kind of ship.  So I think this rules out Quantum 5 and the Icon class.

Very few places have LNG in place to support cruise ships at this point, but both CCL and RCCL are putting this support infrastructure into place (Carnival has LNG ships coming first like AidaNova). BTW, where did you get info that Q5 is LNG? Icon is LNG powered but have not seen anything to indicate Q5 is (Spectrum isn't).

On 11/8/2018 at 12:34 PM, rothschilda said:

Anyone have any guess as to which ship will be replacing Anthem in Bayonne when she sails to Europe in 2020?

It appears that Adventure of the Seas will likely be the only Royal Caribbean ship in Bayonne during the summer of 2020. The 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean sailings always depart on a Thursday, arrived in Bermuda on Saturday and then arrived in St. Maarten on a Monday. Adventure will have 9 night itineraries on: 05.21.20, 06.18.20, 07.02.20, 07.03.20, and 08.14.20…In between those sailings, Adventure will still offer 5 night Bermuda sailings.

However, I spoke with someone who is aboard Anthem right now and she said that she asked an officer aboard the ship what they thought, and they mentioned that they believe a Freedom Class ship will be sent to Bayonne in 2020. We may just have to wait until the week of December 10th to find out (when Royal officially released the Summer 2020 Itineraries)

1 hour ago, rothschilda said:

It appears that Adventure of the Seas will likely be the only Royal Caribbean ship in Bayonne during the summer of 2020. The 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean sailings always depart on a Thursday, arrived in Bermuda on Saturday and then arrived in St. Maarten on a Monday. Adventure will have 9 night itineraries on: 05.21.20, 06.18.20, 07.02.20, 07.03.20, and 08.14.20…In between those sailings, Adventure will still offer 5 night Bermuda sailings.

However, I spoke with someone who is aboard Anthem right now and she said that she asked an officer aboard the ship what they thought, and they mentioned that they believe a Freedom Class ship will be sent to Bayonne in 2020. We may just have to wait until the week of December 10th to find out (when Royal officially released the Summer 2020 Itineraries)

It appears that Adventure of the Seas will likely be the only Royal Caribbean ship in Bayonne during the summer of 2020. The 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean sailings always depart on a Thursday, arrived in Bermuda on Saturday and then arrived in St. Maarten on a Monday. Adventure will have 9 night itineraries on: 05.21.20, 06.18.20, 07.02.20, 07.30.20, and 08.14.20…In between those sailings, Adventure will still offer 5 night Bermuda sailings.

However, I spoke with someone who is aboard Anthem right now and she said that she asked an officer aboard the ship what they thought, and they mentioned that they believe a Freedom Class ship will be sent to Bayonne in 2020. That would help with some of the Canada/NE itineraries! We may just have to wait until the week of December 10th to find out (when Royal officially released the Summer 2020 Itineraries).

*** Reposted due to an error in the date of my post above ... also added some additional insights about the Canada/NE Itineraries ***

Rumor going around on Facebook is that at the captains corner on Anthem the captain said Royal is considering Oasis from Bayonne during the summer season and that this could be an ongoing rotation: Anthem from Bayonne during winter season, Oasis during summer.

Does Oasis have retractable smoke stacks?  Can Bermuda handle Oasis size?  I’ve heard different opinions with the consensus Oasis can’t fit in Bayonne, but do we truly know that?

4 hours ago, jonesy4life9 said:

... Does Oasis have retractable smoke stacks?   ...

Oasis had retractable stacks when she was first built, but I don't think they have been used since.    I doubt if they are functional anymore.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Oasis had retractable stacks when she was first built, but I don't think they have been used since.    I doubt if they are functional anymore.

You are right,  They haven't plus non retractable scrubbers have be structurally added. I guess at dry dock that can be changed. Sounds like a lot of work and expense for part of a season in Bayonne. 

I will I’ll consider it though, if the price is right.  Well, maybe just not the first sailing. 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

As another poster mentioned, Oasis class out of NY/NJ only happens on TV shows.

I find it hard to believe that Royal would leave Adventure and a smaller ship in Bayonne for the summer season.  They said a ship similar (or bigger) in size to Anthem would be home ported in Bayonne.  I don’t believe Quantum 5 will be available for summer 2020.  Anthem is scheduled to come back in the fall so it wouldn’t make sense anyway.  My bets are on a newly amped Freedom or an amped Oasis if they can squeeze it under the bridge.  

I just returned from a Bermuda cruise on the Anthem; at the Captain's corner, the captain said the Oasis will return to Bayonne the summer of 2020.  I don't know if they will take on a million gallons of balast, lower their stacks and sail only at low tide, but RCL appears intent on sailing the Oasis out of Bayonne.  Since the Oasis' listed height is 236' and the Verrazano allows ships up to 228' tall, this should be interesting.  I know one thing though, if you want to part in the parking garage when the Oasis comes to town, arrive early.  We arrived about 12:30 and parked in a spot only about ten feet from the edge of the roof on the 4th floor.

2 minutes ago, Sunfun68 said:

I just returned from a Bermuda cruise on the Anthem; at the Captain's corner, the captain said the Oasis will return to Bayonne the summer of 2020.  I don't know if they will take on a million gallons of balast, lower their stacks and sail only at low tide, but RCL appears intent on sailing the Oasis out of Bayonne.  Since the Oasis' listed height is 236' and the Verrazano allows ships up to 228' tall, this should be interesting.  I know one thing though, if you want to part in the parking garage when the Oasis comes to town, arrive early.  We arrived about 12:30 and parked in a spot only about ten feet from the edge of the roof on the 4th floor.

With 3 ships in port during the summer and early fall, there are a lot of people parking.  They also use the outside, original lot, when needed.  The lines to drop off your luggage will be very long with an Oasis class ship.