BLISS Angeled Balcony question

cruzingambler

Hi Everyone,

I will be sailing on the Bliss Oct 2019.  I booked cabin 14832 which has an angled balcony.  In reading some of the posts it looks like those that have had angled balconies before Love Them so much they would bypass an upgrade to a mini suite.  I've been on several cruises and mostly in balconies but never an angled one. What do you like about the angled balcony?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, cruzingambler said:

Hi Everyone,

I will be sailing on the Bliss Oct 2019.  I booked cabin 14832 which has an angled balcony.  In reading some of the posts it looks like those that have had angled balconies before Love Them so much they would bypass an upgrade to a mini suite.  I've been on several cruises and mostly in balconies but never an angled one. What do you like about the angled balcony?

Thanks

Our last cruise was an angled rear facing balcony on Escape.  I say rear because it was one of the ones where if you were standing at the edge, you'd be facing more towards the back of the ship... Not rear as in aft though.

We enjoyed it very much.  It was a deck 15 Spa Balcony so it actually ended up being a bit more covered by an overhang on Deck 16.  I liked having more space than just the typical balcony to be completely honest.  I know a mini-suite gets more space in the room itself too though.

I'm always concerned with bidding on upgrades to get a room in a location that I don't care for as much as my original room.  I specifically pick out rooms for reasons like the angled balcony, convenience to stairs, not under loud venues, etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, crazyboutdisney said:

We are booked in Rm 12892 on the Bliss Feb 16th 2019. I can try and remember to come back and tell you what we thought. We have never had this type of balcony so I am excited to check it out! I believe ours is rear facing angled

That would be awesome!  Thanks so much!  Enjoy your cruise!

23 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

Our last cruise was an angled rear facing balcony on Escape.  I say rear because it was one of the ones where if you were standing at the edge, you'd be facing more towards the back of the ship... Not rear as in aft though.

We enjoyed it very much.  It was a deck 15 Spa Balcony so it actually ended up being a bit more covered by an overhang on Deck 16.  I liked having more space than just the typical balcony to be completely honest.  I know a mini-suite gets more space in the room itself too though.

I'm always concerned with bidding on upgrades to get a room in a location that I don't care for as much as my original room.  I specifically pick out rooms for reasons like the angled balcony, convenience to stairs, not under loud venues, etc.

Thank you.  I have been reading the Upgrade posts, not used to the bidding process as we haven't cruised on NCL in years.  Curious to see if we get an upgrade offer closer to our cruise & I appreciate all of the input which was one of the reasons I was asking the question.  When they offer an upgrade do they tell you what cabin # you are bidding on or is it just done by category?  I like the location of the balcony we booked, like to be mid-ship and of course not under the pool area, etc. 

Thanks again:)

22 hours ago, stevenq99 said:

Just came off of the Escape and had cabin 9300 aft facing angled balcony and we really liked it.  I would choose it over the mini suite we had on the getaway.  

Thanks so much for your response.  I appreciate it:)

2 minutes ago, cruzingambler said:

Thank you.  I have been reading the Upgrade posts, not used to the bidding process as we haven't cruised on NCL in years.  Curious to see if we get an upgrade offer closer to our cruise & I appreciate all of the input which was one of the reasons I was asking the question.  When they offer an upgrade do they tell you what cabin # you are bidding on or is it just done by category?  I like the location of the balcony we booked, like to be mid-ship and of course not under the pool area, etc. 

Thanks again:)

NO! They do not tell you the cabin number, only the category... So you're essentially bidding on a sail away within that category and could be anywhere within that category.  Be sure you are okay with any room if you bid because there is no undoing it either.  They may immediately upgrade someone else to your vacated room.

Some categories guarantee a general vicinity like mini-suites on Dawn for instance, they are all located together on the same deck so you would know what deck you would be on...  But if you're going from an Inside to a Balcony, it could be ANY balcony including one on a lower deck even than you already were...

Edited by rtkenmore

2 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

NO! They do not tell you the cabin number, only the category... So you're essentially bidding on a sail away within that category and could be anywhere within that category.  Be sure you are okay with any room if you bid because there is no undoing it either.  They may immediately upgrade someone else to your vacated room.

Thank you for your quick response!  It's tough accepting an upgrade if you don't know  where it is.  I will definitely take that in to consideration if I receive an offer:)  Take Care