George Street to OPT

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Haven’t been down the big smoke for a while.

how are the tram works going?

do I still need to go round the world to get to The Rocks?

I was in the big smoke about a month ago mate, the city is still a mess, more delays on the tram works.  The Quay is also a mess with the works, staying at Shangri La @ The Rocks and walking to the Quay/Opera House was a bit of an adventure.  Watch your step old son.

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I was in the big smoke about a month ago mate, the city is still a mess, more delays on the tram works.  The Quay is also a mess with the works, staying at Shangri La @ The Rocks and walking to the Quay/Opera House was a bit of an adventure.  Watch your step old son.

Thanks Uncle Les, parking at the Opprey house, staying at Holiday Inn trying to think through drop Mrs Gut and bags, then park or go straight to car park and wheel around to the hotel.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Haven’t been down the big smoke for a while.

how are the tram works going?

do I still need to go round the world to get to The Rocks?

No you won't need to go around the world but if walking take promenade walk instead. If driving, avoid the area completely, park at the opera house (Macquarie street is best).

Yeah, still a mess. The roadworks drag on. They still have the same blocks closed, but just seem to rework areas adjoining e.g. today at Park St, they've moved the crossing about 5m to work on the area where the crossing was previously.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe time to see if anyone has noticed anything different.

staying Holiday Inn the Rocks, parking Opera House.

Normally I’d drop Mrs G and the bags then go park, sounds like I might be better to go to the oH and then just wheel around.

over the Coat Hanger, into Grosvenor St, Into Bridge Street, left into Macquarie.

anyone see any problems, last time I was down there I couldn’t cross George from Grosvenor into Bridge, butvthat was probably 6 or more months ago, surely that’s open now.

8 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Normally I’d drop Mrs G and the bags then go park, sounds like I might be better to go to the oH and then just wheel around.

over the Coat Hanger, into Grosvenor St, Into Bridge Street, left into Macquarie.

anyone see any problems, last time I was down there I couldn’t cross George from Grosvenor into Bridge, butvthat was probably 6 or more months ago, surely that’s open now.

Every time you go there it’s different,the thing constant,it’s traffic.

I would drop her off and brave the traffic,it’s a fair walk With baggage.

Or park and get Uber to the rocks.

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Looks like you can do that specific path now. But south of George St at that point is blocked.

When we boarded Majestic a couple of weeks ago we could drive straight down George St to the OPT with only a minor wiggle around one bit of road works on the corner of George and Alfred Streets. A week or so before that we'd had dinner with friends at Circular Quay and there was easy pedestrian access across the front (water side) of Circular Quay and across to the western side of George St. Of course that may have changed since then but hopefully not.