Going going gone sale

16 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

Where do you find the RCCL flyer?

Here it has but it has not updated since March  It used to update usually Thursday late afternoons  If you bookmark it someday it may update again

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

No, the GGG flier editor has not started work yet, but I noticed that the Sep/Oct/Nov Mariner and Navigator 4 day sailings (the ones with the best chances of happening) have not moved much from their $50-60 pppd starting prices.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, the GGG flier editor still has not been rehired, but, you may want to check out pricing (including solo) on Oasis sailings from 9/26 through the end of her season in NY. RCI is really trying to entice folks.

Noticed this last night. Booked 2 connecting ocean view balconies for 1 adult each for an AMAZING deal.  

Oasis in early December is very low too. We booked an OV balcony for a fantastic price today. Currently OV balcony is less than the price for a OV window. 

Thanks for the heads up @Biker19. We were watching Harmony for early December, but Oasis was $600 less for the same category. 🙂

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The regular GGG flier is not back, but the "alternative" one was updated about a week ago - while titled a "weekly sales event" the previous version was in January.

GGG -TAs

It has a bunch of restrictions:

Travel Partner Friends & Family rates are exclusive and should not be promoted via web, print, or other distribution channels. Rates Subject to Availability. Prices are subject to change at anytime. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate program is valid for new, individual bookings only. Not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate program is not available to groups. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate sales are commissionable. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate program is available to be booked through call center or any trade booking channel. Visit LoyalToYouAlways.com for the list of eligible sailings, updated every two weeks. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate program is not available through our consumer website, to International Representatives, or globally. Reduced rate space is capacity controlled and may be withdrawn at any time with, or without notice.  This reduced rate program is only available to agencies inside the United States and Canada.

What is the "alternative one" and how does one find it?

EDIT: Sorry, shouldn't  post before coffee. I followed that URL and found the deals.

How does one book these? I see the Booking link sends me to cruisingpower.com which appears to be an official RCCL site. Do I just create an account and book through there as I would on the main RCCL site or is this for travel agents only?

Edited by OCSC Mike

24 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

What is the "alternative one" and how does one find it?

EDIT: Sorry, shouldn't  post before coffee. I followed that URL and found the deals.

How does one book these? I see the Booking link sends me to cruisingpower.com which appears to be an official RCCL site. Do I just create an account and book through there as I would on the main RCCL site or is this for travel agents only?

You have to book through a TA.  Cruising power is the TA booking site and you cannot just create an account

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have to book through a TA.  Cruising power is the TA booking site and you cannot just create an account

Thanks! I mostly gathered that and my wife is already texting a friend who is a TA about it but my brain is not working this morning. I need the DL/SL cappuccino machine!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The regular GGG flier is not back, but the "alternative" one was updated about a week ago - while titled a "weekly sales event" the previous version was in January.

GGG -TAs

It has a bunch of restrictions:

Travel Partner Friends & Family rates are exclusive and should not be promoted via web, print, or other distribution channels. Rates Subject to Availability. Prices are subject to change at anytime. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate program is valid for new, individual bookings only. Not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate program is not available to groups. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate sales are commissionable. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate program is available to be booked through call center or any trade booking channel. Visit LoyalToYouAlways.com for the list of eligible sailings, updated every two weeks. Travel Partner Friends & Family Rate program is not available through our consumer website, to International Representatives, or globally. Reduced rate space is capacity controlled and may be withdrawn at any time with, or without notice.  This reduced rate program is only available to agencies inside the United States and Canada.

Some of those travel agent rates don't get extra C&A points for solo.

18 - One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point

per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL,

RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a

single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including

Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion.

Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise

tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the

instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category including reduced

rate upgrades. Allow up to 30 days from the date of debarkation for Cruise

Points to post to your account. Requests to add missing Cruise Points may be

submitted up to 12 months after the debarkation date of your sailing.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Some of those travel agent rates don't get extra C&A points for solo.

18 - One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point

per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL,

RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a

single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including

Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion.

Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise

tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the

instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category including reduced

rate upgrades. Allow up to 30 days from the date of debarkation for Cruise

Points to post to your account. Requests to add missing Cruise Points may be

submitted up to 12 months after the debarkation date of your sailing.

Travel agent rates are entirely different than  the friends and family rates.  Travel agent rates are not published and are a set cost per day based on cabin category and ship class.

The friends and family rates posted above certainly do get the double points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Travel agent rates are entirely different than  the friends and family rates.  Travel agent rates are not published and are a set cost per day based on cabin category and ship class.

The friends and family rates posted above certainly do get the double points.

Would you mind calling CAS and telling them that?  That's not what they told me on Friday.  

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

Would you mind calling CAS and telling them that?  That's not what they told me on Friday.  

You should know that if you call several times you can get several different answers. 

I would definitely be calling back as the terms only specify Travel agent rates which as I mentioned are completely different than the TA Friends and family rate which anyone can be booked into.

The TA rates are more like the interline rates which are deeply discounted

Edited by Ourusualbeach

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Still no flier - Voyager has some really low rates on insides after her repo to Boston this fall.

Yep, we are on Oct. 2nd sailing out of Boston.  Right now they list insides starting at $291, but when we booked earlier this year, they were around $180, IIRC.  All suites are sold on that itinerary except for JS GTY.  Just randomly looking at different cabin classes, I'd say it's about 75% booked, but still some decent deals to be had.

• 4 weeks later...