Ciampino Airport Rome

Alaskanb

In November 2019 we plan to fly on Ryanair from Rome to Manchester, UK to visit family before returning to the US. I cannot find any specific information about what is available at the airport regarding food availability. Does anyone have any experience with eating at the airport in the morning? Thanks

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

So you want info on airport vendors, but your flight isn't for another year?

Lots can change in those months.  Maybe reposting in October of 2019 might get your more relevant answers.

So true. 

CIA is the worst European airport I have been through!  Was there on October 19th and swore we would never go there again.  It is a military airfield with a few additional buildings.  

Although it is closer to Central Rome than FCO, it took 1h 15m to get from Prata/Vaticano area to CIA.  Very little motorway, mostly city streets, so allow plenty of time.

As regards food, there is one outlet, selling waffles, bread rolls etc.  Very little choice of food, unless you are into waffles with nutella.  The whole teminal is extremely crowded - we could only find one gents toilet and one ladies toilet.

Also remember to have your boarding pass printed before you get to the airport, otherwise Ryanair charge a small fortune.  Also remember they are very strict with luggage size and weights.  You can pre-pay for up to 3 bags each of 20 kg.  It is substantially cheaper to book additional bags at the time you make your flight booking.

Edited by VMax1700

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

CIA is the worst European airport I have been through!  Was there on October 19th and swore we would never go there again.  It is a military airfield with a few additional buildings.  

Although it is closer to Central Rome than FCO, it took 1h 15m to get from Prata/Vaticano area to CIA.  Very little motorway, mostly city streets, so allow plenty of time.

As regards food, there is one outlet, selling waffles, bread rolls etc.  Very little choice of food, unless you are into waffles with nutella.  The whole teminal is extremely crowded - we could only find one gents toilet and one ladies toilet.

Also remember to have your boarding pass printed before you get to the airport, otherwise Ryanair charge a small fortune.  Also remember they are very strict with luggage size and weights.  You can pre-pay for up to 3 bags each of 20 kg.  It is substantially cheaper to book additional bags at the time you make your flight booking.

Thanks so much. 

15 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

If memory serves, Ryan Air is also very strict on hand baggage weight/size.  Only flew the once and decided we were "one and done" so my memory is a little fuzzy.

2 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

If memory serves, Ryan Air is also very strict on hand baggage weight/size.  Only flew the once and decided we were "one and done" so my memory is a little fuzzy.

Thanks. I'm following their changes.