Are Carnival hair salons good?

moonjelly

I get a Mans cut all the time, out of like 14 cuts I have on a ship I have had 1 that I was just a little unhappy with and it was not that bad just a little longer on top and did not ever have a chance to go back to get it fixed. I always try to get a cut on the ship! 

Note: I am bald and a dude. I don't have any experience with salons, lol. However, just yesterday I read a review that included this tidbit:

The other negative was my spa hair salon experience. I pre-bought (with spa sale) a wash and style in the salon for formal night. It was like $42. I was not feeling great on that first seaday (little seasick and little hung over) so I went to the salon and asked if I could cancel. I was told it would not be refunded. So I asked if I could move it to the last night (when we had steakhouse resies) and was told I'd pay twice as I'd lose the money for cancelling that day. So I went ahead and got my hair done. She suggested I put it up and not get it washed as the curls and updo stays better with dirty hair. So she curls and throws it up in like 15 minutes (really 25 because she had to stop midway through to go deal with something in the computer for like 10 mins). It's cute but nothing spectacular. So then she hands me receipt to sign and it has a total on it but I don't have my reading glasses to really read it. But I say why am I being charged when I prepaid. She said 'oh, you'e not...don't worry...it's nothing'. I then see a line and ask if I can add a tip and she says 'of course'. I put $8 in the tip line and the total line. I see, later, on the TV that she refunded the $43 and charged me $56 (I suppose for updo instead of style...but I didn't get a wash so I figured the price would be same and she never told me otherwise)...and, here's the big kicker, there was already an $8 auto tip so she got $16....for $72 total. And she tried to get me to sign up to come the next night for treatments to my hair. Ha...nope. And never doing the salon on a cruise again.

I just got a style on the Victory. I was more than pleased. He was great and very attentive.

I seem to recall the tip goes on automatically and I added a generous tip but he told me not to because I'd be charged double.

That said, I'd be reluctant to have a cut and color done at sea, style you can wash out. They are expensive and if they go wrong on land you can go back for correction. Just my 2 cents.

cruisehair2.JPG

17 hours ago, ricew001 said:

I just got a style on the Victory. I was more than pleased. He was great and very attentive.

I seem to recall the tip goes on automatically and I added a generous tip but he told me not to because I'd be charged double.

That said, I'd be reluctant to have a cut and color done at sea, style you can wash out. They are expensive and if they go wrong on land you can go back for correction. Just my 2 cents.

cruisehair2.JPG

Your hair looks great!

• Like 1

I've only used the salon once & don't see myself ever doing it again. It was for a cut & color and she did a great job.  However, I just kept thinking that while I was spending 2 hours in the salon, I was missing out on ship activities & lounging by the pool.  I can have my hair done at home.  It was in either 2003 or 2004 & I spent $135 for color with highlights, cut & style.  No clue what that runs these days. 

For some reason all the Keratin treatments I get on the ship (at least 5) have lasted a lot longer than Keratin at home. All but once I was totally satisfied with my haircut. I've never had color done.

A special shout out to Shiva who is still on the Magic, best scalp massage ever, his trim after the keratin was perfect and the styling was great. I went back and had another wash and style and it was just as good.