Today's Bliss Reports from CCer's... Really?

eddeb

1 hour ago, purpletequila said:

It is a stupid elevator design on ships this big, but it has been an NCL thing for years now. Every other line I know of has the 3 bank, forward, imd aft, elevator design. What can you do? Start running stairs.

Hmmm,,,, Just off the Symphony of the Seas, and like other large RCCL ships, there are only elevators forward and aft. Do you know of Royal Caribbean?

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, purpletequila said:

It is a stupid elevator design on ships this big, but it has been an NCL thing for years now. Every other line I know of has the 3 bank, forward, imd aft, elevator design. What can you do? Start running stairs.

Most all the new large mega ships on all lines are two banks of 8 now.  It's not just an NCL thing.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 2:59 PM, eddeb said:

Now the signature Rib Eye is not on the menu in Cagney's. Cannot even buy a lobster on the ship.

The weekly arcade pass went up several days ago from $56 to.... Guess folks....

Only $161, get em now it may be 300 next week.

Read all the ccer's cruise reviews, I have never seen a new ship have so many negative reviews.

Note that most top reviews are from haven guests.  I saw the cc rating and it places Bliss 14th out of

the ratings for the NCL fleet. 4992 guests for 16 elevators is about one elevator for 750 guests, may get a little crowded.

Stay tuned... It's always 5 o'clock on the ship.  :classic_cool:

it appears ah the olde ncl at it again

I'm not bothered by the elevators, on the Escape last December there were times it was crowded, but usually not so bad.

Now about Cagney's...a steak house without a star steak entree is just sad. What steaks are left? Strip, prime rib, filet? We chose the 4 meals with the SDP on our upcoming cruise and thought of adding an additional 3, but will probably skip that now. Between the rise in the cost of the add on and the cutting down of the menu, there's not as much value in it.

On 11/13/2018 at 7:45 PM, BirdTravels said:

Hmmm,,,, Just off the Symphony of the Seas, and like other large RCCL ships, there are only elevators forward and aft. Do you know of Royal Caribbean?

Do I know of Royal Caribbean? Why are you always so sarcastic around here? Yes, I do but have not been on their newer, larger ships since I'm on an NCL kick the last few years. Could you not simply state the fact and inform me that the newer, larger RCL ships also now have the 2 bank design? I would have said "Oh really? Good to know. Thanks" or something to that effect.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 8:23 PM, rtkenmore said:

Most all the new large mega ships on all lines are two banks of 8 now.  It's not just an NCL thing.

Good to know. Last time I was on RCL, it had the 3 bank and I was on Celebrity for years and their Solstice class also has the 3 bank design. I've been on NCL the last few years so this 2 bank on all newer ships across lines is news to me. I thought it was unique to Norwegian but clearly I was wrong. Thanks for the info!

The 3 ships in the Vista Class on Carnival (Vista, Horizon, Panorama), which are about 20% smaller than the Breakaway Plus ships have 3 sets of elevators.  Eight forward, four middle and four aft. The deck plans have not been disclosed regarding their October 2020 180,000 ton  vessel, but it will probably have the same number of elevators as the Aida Nova, which is also in the Carnival Corporation and will be 180,000 tons. It will have 8 forward, 8 middle and 6 aft.

Edited by SNJCruisers

On 11/10/2018 at 9:21 AM, jjlen11 said:

I liked it...……..yeah they didn't have some things I thought they would...like Lobster and a rib-eye. The elevators---well I didn't have any problems...sometimes a small wait.  I realized you cant keep everyone happy---saw more temper tantrums over dumb stuff......and I rationalized it with one pitching a fit that people pay a ton of money to go to Disneyworld to stand in line and wait...so sometimes you had to wait! I was more miffed at my lousy cabin steward...….and saying good bye to some real nice people I met!

On 11/10/2018 at 10:38 PM, littlelulu01 said:

The pricing of the sdp also just went up considerably.

link?

8day sdp is still $150 + 20% ($30) if purchased on board as of 2weeks ago on my 15day Breakaway.

(i had lots of obc to use up and you cant buy the sdp package online with obc. it must be done onboard to use obc.)

Edited by fstuff1

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

link?

8day sdp is still $150 + 20% ($30) if purchased on board as of 2weeks ago on my 15day Breakaway.

(i had lots of obc to use up and you cant buy the sdp package online with obc. it must be done onboard to use obc.)

3 day specialty dining was $82.80 pre purchase inclusive of 20% - this was price paid on Bliss in September.  It’s now $94.80 pre purchase 20% included. Link?  Idk.  If you have any cruises booked login and see for yourself what the new pricing is.  The cost if taken as a perk is only a couple $ extra with the increase.  But pre purchase out of pocket increase is $12 on the 3 meal sdp 

6 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

3 day specialty dining was $82.80 pre purchase inclusive of 20% - this was price paid on Bliss in September.  It’s now $94.80 pre purchase 20% included. Link?  Idk.  If you have any cruises booked login and see for yourself what the new pricing is.  The cost if taken as a perk is only a couple $ extra with the increase.  But pre purchase out of pocket increase is $12 on the 3 meal sdp 

ahh.. your right.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

8day sdp is now $160 purchased on board instead of $150😞

So you're paying $4 more per meal...  Get an extra appetizer or a second desert and move on.  In the grand scheme, that's not a huge deal.

Edited by rtkenmore
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dcipjr said:

Just go on another line if you're unhappy with NCL.

I’ve never had a bad ncl cruise.  No desire to go to another line just yet.  Simply noting a change. 

3 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

So you're paying $4 more per meal...  Get an extra appetizer or a second desert and move on.  In the grand scheme, that's not a huge deal.

True. I think ocean blue up charge was $10 and now $16 or more for our Bliss sailing.  So we’re now at almost $50 for a, “discount” dinner at ocean blue on the Bliss.  Their signature seafood restaurant on their best ship and no lobster unless it’s in a pot pie?  The signature item on ocean blue is now oysters.  Aqua in Seattle is 3* Michelin and their oyster prices are less $ than Bliss ocean blue. I think at this point in the pricing game it’s worth noting the glaring omissions from ncl specialty venues along with increased prices.  We always purchase specialty dining. I really don’t care what they raise prices to but I sure would appreciate a menu that had options I want instead of giving as a perk and reduced options. 

In 2014, prior to free at sea, I purchased specialty package pre cruise for around $50 and it included a dinner at 3 venues; Le  bistro with a bottle of wine, Cagneys and La Cucina. I had fantastic filet that melted in my mouth at cagneys with beautiful lobster, a just as delicious dinner at Le Bistro and a decent dinner at La Cucina.  In 2015 we got specialty dining Packages that included unlimited specialty venues, no service fee and menus still included lobster. In 2016 we had to pay the specialty fees but got 6 meals for free and lobster.  2017 was 4 specialty meals no lobster options. I’m ok paying more but not ok with the glaring menu omissions.  

Edited by littlelulu01