Will We Qualify for B2B OBC?

tgg

We're planning to book B2B 7 day cruises sailing in April. The current offer is the "balcony for the price of an inside" deal.  The usual B2B OBC for each cruise is $300.  

When I checked the Terms and Conditions, this if what I found:

*Extended Voyages Onboard Credit (OBC) are per voyage when booking consecutive Azamara Club Cruises voyages. Extended Voyages savings are combinable with most other offers, except reduced fares including but not limited to interline and TA rates. 

So my question for those familiar with the intricacies of Azamara pricing is:  is the current offer considered a reduced fare? (My TA says we qualify.)

1 hour ago, tgg said:

We're planning to book B2B 7 day cruises sailing in April. The current offer is the "balcony for the price of an inside" deal.  The usual B2B OBC for each cruise is $300.  

When I checked the Terms and Conditions, this if what I found:

*Extended Voyages Onboard Credit (OBC) are per voyage when booking consecutive Azamara Club Cruises voyages. Extended Voyages savings are combinable with most other offers, except reduced fares including but not limited to interline and TA rates. 

So my question for those familiar with the intricacies of Azamara pricing is:  is the current offer considered a reduced fare? (My TA says we qualify.)

You do indeed qualify.

Phil

I recently booked B2B on the Pursuit in May, one 9 days and the second of 5 days.  I got the double upgrade offer on both along with a 10% LCV savings on the 9 day as well as what I felt were generous OBC credits on both.  My TA completed the form for “extended voyages benefit” right after the booking and the additional OBC credits showed up on both cruises in 48 hours. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Since everything is included  what can I use my OBC for. I have private excursions so that's not a good option.

Check to see if the obc is refundable or non-refundable.  If it is non-refundable spend it on the dining package, spa or gift shop.  Maybe upgrade the booze package or get an internet package.

Actual, the shore excursions are quite good and they have small groups.

14 hours ago, dbali said:

Check to see if the obc is refundable or non-refundable.  If it is non-refundable spend it on the dining package, spa or gift shop.  Maybe upgrade the booze package or get an internet package.

Actual, the shore excursions are quite good and they have small groups.

My OBC is from the 100 shares of RCL stock.  Do you know if that is refundable? I don't drink so the booze isn't of value but the interenet or Spa would work. Is there a nice gift shop on the Pursuit with good variety? I think my credit was $250 which is very generous from RCL. 

The RCL stock benefit OBC is non-refundable.  There are a couple of gift shops.  The Pursuit Shop has everyday items including perfumes, cosmetics, a small selection of mens and womens clothing, some branded Azamara gifts and general bits and pieces.  The other shop, Indulgencies has watches, jewellery, sunglasses etc.  Then there is the photo shop where you can buy your professional photos taken around the ship or pose for a sitting on some nights.  

Phil

On 11/10/2018 at 3:06 AM, kayakcove said:

I recently booked B2B on the Pursuit in May, one 9 days and the second of 5 days.  I got the double upgrade offer on both along with a 10% LCV savings on the 9 day as well as what I felt were generous OBC credits on both.  My TA completed the form for “extended voyages benefit” right after the booking and the additional OBC credits showed up on both cruises in 48 hours. 

Well.. ours is a different story.

Last week we booked two  b2b Quest cruises in NZ and Australia for February 2019 (so,  after final payment date!).

At the time we've been told by our TA that we are eligible for the  b2b OBCs (that's what she had been told)..

But after the 48 hours have passed and no OBCs showed up, it became clear  that Azamara decided that our  TA rates were "reduced" (very slightly, I must say; not by $400 per cruise!) and therefore we don't qualify for the b2b $400 OBCs for both cruises.  After much drama and much trying by our TA to convince whoever is there to convince - we got $200 from Azamara as a show of "good will".

Which makes me very disappointed. 

45 minutes ago, almostnewtocruise said:

Well.. ours is a different story.

Last week we booked two  b2b Quest cruises in NZ and Australia for February 2019 (so,  after final payment date!).

At the time we've been told by our TA that we are eligible for the  b2b OBCs (that's what she had been told)..

But after the 48 hours have passed and no OBCs showed up, it became clear  that Azamara decided that our  TA rates were "reduced" (very slightly, I must say; not by $400 per cruise!) and therefore we don't qualify for the b2b $400 OBCs for both cruises.  After much drama and much trying by our TA to convince whoever is there to convince - we got $200 from Azamara as a show of "good will".

Which makes me very disappointed. 

If you booked with a "Guarantee" price, you do not qualify for B2B credit, as the "Guarantee" price is heavily reduced from the list price.

15 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

If you booked with a "Guarantee" price, you do not qualify for B2B credit, as the "Guarantee" price is heavily reduced from the list price.

Trish, that isn’t correct.  You can get b2b OBC on GTY rates.  I believe for Miriam it is this "special travel agent rate" that caused it to be denied.  I have no idea what that special rate was or what difference it made to the fare, but if it’s less than the OBC it seems a bit crazy.  

Phil

5 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Trish, that isn’t correct.  You can get b2b OBC on GTY rates.  I believe for Miriam it is this "special travel agent rate" that caused it to be denied.  I have no idea what that special rate was or what difference it made to the fare, but if it’s less than the OBC it seems a bit crazy.  

Phil

Phil, it appears I have been mis-informed and stand corrected.

Trish

Edited by Baynanno1

10 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil

Phil is right. The given reason was the "reduced rates", which, by the way, made (then)  a difference of less than $100 pp per cruise. ( I guess that's why AZ gave us  -  eventually -   half of the OBCs as an act of   "good will" ).

The point is that at the time the AZ representative told our TA that we'll qualify for the b2b OBCs - and then we did not. So before you book (especially if it's after the final payment), check and recheck. 

Anyway..  it looks like we'll have  now less excursions with Azamara :classic_dry:

Miriam, so they gave you $400 in total (2 x $200)?  That would be a pretty good result.  I only know the t & cs of the extended voyage benefit because I fell foul of them once.  I booked one cruise and then separately booked the follow on whilst on the ship.  The LCV assistant didn’t tell me at the time I needed to register them as a b2b and certainly didn’t mark them as such although they knew.  I only found out when I checked closer to sailing what the total OBC was and there was none.  

I was told I should have registered the extended voyage at the time of booking the second cruise and within fourteen days.  I took it up with Azamara who said I should have been told on the ship and they gave me all the OBC.  I now know those rules!

Phil

22 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Miriam, so they gave you $400 in total (2 x $200)?  That would be a pretty good result.  I only know the t & cs of the extended voyage benefit because I fell foul of them once.  I booked one cruise and then separately booked the follow on whilst on the ship.  The LCV assistant didn’t tell me at the time I needed to register them as a b2b and certainly didn’t mark them as such although they knew.  I only found out when I checked closer to sailing what the total OBC was and there was none.  

I was told I should have registered the extended voyage at the time of booking the second cruise and within fourteen days.  I took it up with Azamara who said I should have been told on the ship and they gave me all the OBC.  I now know those rules!

Phil

Yes, Phil,  that's what they did..

By the way, I would have never imagined that what you described above could have  happened to you. It must have been long time ago! 

Now I am curious.. whenever you extend your staying on a ship, while on the ship (and I know you do that from time to time :classic_biggrin:), do they give you the b2b OBCs?

25 minutes ago, almostnewtocruise said:

Yes, Phil,  that's what they did..

By the way, I would have never imagined that what you described above could have  happened to you. It must have been long time ago! 

Now I am curious.. whenever you extend your staying on a ship, while on the ship (and I know you do that from time to time :classic_biggrin:), do they give you the b2b OBCs?

Haha.  It actually wasn’t that long ago.  And no, if you stay on (called the Continue Sailing Program I think) no OBC.  

Phil

44 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's weird Miriam.  When I look on my ipad at your post it is in a really difficult to read light italic font, but when I use my PC it's actually in a bolder Comic Sans font that is easier to read then the standard!  Odd.

Phil

Agree. The font is legible on my PC. Not so much on iPad or iPhone.