Blue Lagoon Deluxe Beach break via RCI

vacationlover_mn

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 7:30 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

Hmmm, I see the VIP package includes umbrellas...

Hi. Did you ever find out an answer to your question? We have booked this tour (Deluxe, not VIP) via RCI for upcoming cruise. Now when I started reading all the different descriptions of people's experiences on this forums, it appears that chairs are on availability bases, umbrellas are not included and, like you said, it's not clear whether they can be rented or not, and that there is no shade unless one is in VIP section. I am considering to cancel and just book a day in Melia instead. If you have additional info or any comments, I'd appreciate that. Thank You.

Edited by olya1972
spelling

8 hours ago, olya1972 said:

Hi. Did you ever find out an answer to your question? We have booked this tour (Deluxe, not VIP) via RCI for upcoming cruise. Now when I started reading all the different descriptions of people's experiences on this forums, it appears that chairs are on availability bases, umbrellas are not included and, like you said, it's not clear whether they can be rented or not, and that there is no shade unless one is in VIP section. I am considering to cancel and just book a day in Melia instead. If you have additional info or any comments, I'd appreciate that. Thank You.

We ended up just booking Pearl Island, since it seemed to have a better ocean view 🙂

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

It sounds nice!  What we are looking for is a beach with a pretty view, clean, relaxed vibe 🙂.  We don’t have kids, so we don’t need water toys.

Same here, so considering Milea resort day, maybe even Hilton by cruise port. Will see. On previous trips during winter months water was too cold for swimming. That's another reason I am hesitant to commit to cruise excursion to Blue Lagoon. We are sailing in January. BTW, water on private island was warmer on the same sailings ( too shallow?).

Edited by olya1972
Spelling

I did lots of research, and for us... Hilton was “scenic” enough...  we really wanted a “in the middle of nowhere” vibe.  And Melia looked ok, but when I checked they only had the “all inclusive” deal going on, and I didn’t think we’d get our money’s worth.  I am so greatful for all of the YouTube videos and reviews out there 🙂

Blue lagoon non-vip you will have no problem getting a chair, but shade is almost none.  You can get a shaded lounger for an extra fee but hard to even find an employee to get it. The swimming is stunning as the lagoon is protected, crystal clear, and just amazing. Great facilities as well. 

Can't go wrong with any of these options, however.