Air options Asia on The Muse

bebop bonnie

We are booked on Hong Kong to Tokyo on the Muse in April. We did an upgrade to biz class and an air deviation (due to early pre and later post cruise arrivals).  Am waiting to hear from my TA but would appreciate any advise regarding routing from east coast to HKG and airline choices.  Thanks!

Using the one World Alliance oneworld.com you could fly

American Airlines (AA) Miami to London Heathrow

Cathy Pacific (CX) London Heathrow to Hong Kong

Japan Airlines (JAL) Tokyo to London Heathrow

American Airlines (AA) London Heathrow to Miami

or 

the same routings using British Airways BA)  for all flights

AA, CX and JAL all use Terminal 3 at London Heathrow (LHR) CX Business lounge is excellent, comfortable, different seating areas and a variety of delicious food.

BA flights to/from Miami also operate from LHR terminal 3, but their Hong Kong and Tokyo flights, Haneda and Narita, both operate from LHR terminal 5.

Hope this helps?

We just did a similar-ish trip this April  Hong Kong to Singapore.  We were able to get a non-stop flight EWR (Newark) to HKG on United, and Tokyo to EWR nonstop.  We flew from Singapore to Tokyo on a 6am flight, and had a couple hours at the Tokyo airport, which is pretty cool, not quite as entertaining as Singapore however.   You could also look at connecting thru SFO, there were a lot of direct flights to/from Asia.   129 days until my next vacation.....

Jan

Again, many thanks for all your help.  I'm hearing from my TA that Silversea will charge an additional $800 pp to fly Cathay. Huh??  I realize that Silversea only buys a certain number of seats or allocations per flight, or maybe per airline..... but with all the Cathay, BA, and many other flights out of everywhere in the US to HKG, I'm a little annoyed.  One of the 'options' they gave us was three flights using Japan Airlines.  The other option was an overnight in Dallas with American.  Btw, our return from Tokyo is a reasonable 2 flights thru Dallas to Miami. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get to HKG reasonably using Silversea 'upgraded' biz air???