Perks and questions for junior suites on navigator

thjeepster

Getting ready for our cruise in 13 days on Navigator for the 9 night cruise and was wondering what are the perks for a junior suite?

what is the cost for gratuity?..do you pay the regular fee or suite fee?

any word on the damaged stabilizer or will there be any problems once they get over here from the TA?

also any additional info or tips about the navigator will be appreciated!!

thanks again for the help!!

we can’t wait and the countdown begins!!!

Regular daily fee ($14.50 pp/pd) for gratuities.

JS Perks on Navigator

Bathtub

Walk-in closet

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Silver Seapass card (does nothing except have a distinctive color).

54 minutes ago, EmTeeNesters said:

First time in a JS next week and traveling with another couple who are not in a suite, but are emeralds.  Can they check in and board with us (priority boarding)?

Probably depends on the terminal.  In Canaveral they would not be allowed to board with you. 

12 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Getting ready for our cruise in 13 days on Navigator for the 9 night cruise and was wondering what are the perks for a junior suite?

what is the cost for gratuity?..do you pay the regular fee or suite fee?

any word on the damaged stabilizer or will there be any problems once they get over here from the TA?

also any additional info or tips about the navigator will be appreciated!!

thanks again for the help!!

we can’t wait and the countdown begins!!!

We are on this sailing too....and in a junior suite!! 😁

Currently onboard and crossing the Atlantic. Next stop is Port Canaveral. Seas are calm but there's still a noticeable swaying and rolling of the ship. (There aren't many of us left from the last cruise that experienced the stabilizer incident.)

No one really knows what kind of emergency repairs were made when we made an unscheduled overnight stop in Vigo, Spain. We feel that the Captain made sure that the crew and passengers are safe and the ship can safely do the crossing.

Our guess is that all permanent repairs will be done during the scheeduled refit/refurb in a couple of months.

The ship is currently sailing half-empty as many passengers cancelled (RCI offered full refunds). Most of the venues are empty...except for the D Lounge and the overflow into the Viking Crown lounge. It appears that the only remaining passengers are D, D+, and Pinnacles.

You will enjoy the JS with the walk-in closet, tub in the shower, upgraded linens and pillows, upgraded toiletries, a tad bigger balcony, sofa and recliner, and of course the bigger cabin.

Oh! the crew has been outstanding and all specialty restaurants are heavily discounted. Happy Sailing!:classic_smile:

Thank you everyone for the help. 

Hope you ate are enjoying your cruise!  Does it seem bad without one stabilizer?

must be kind of nice not being full. 

What are the upgraded toiletries?

necer had a junior suite before so this will be awesome!

i wonder if they will do discounted speciality restaurants when we are on. 

Do they do any clubs or venues for junior suites or do we get any other specials?

where is the muster drill for us?

well enjoy your cruise and if you think of anything else that would be helpful please let me know!

can’t wait only 11 more days!!!!!

One thing I found on Navigator in April is that when they run out of silver cards. They will give a blue card. And sabor is the least busy of the specialty restaurants and will be replaced with a seafood restaurant in the next dry dock.  If you want a seat at a bar before dinner get there early as they all seem to be full. The pub on the promenade seemed to be the least busy one except when a event takes place on the promenade look inside for seats as the promenade ones go fast

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Currently onboard and crossing the Atlantic. Next stop is Port Canaveral. Seas are calm but there's still a noticeable swaying and rolling of the ship. (There aren't many of us left from the last cruise that experienced the stabilizer incident.)

No one really knows what kind of emergency repairs were made when we made an unscheduled overnight stop in Vigo, Spain. We feel that the Captain made sure that the crew and passengers are safe and the ship can safely do the crossing.

Our guess is that all permanent repairs will be done during the scheeduled refit/refurb in a couple of months.

The ship is currently sailing half-empty as many passengers cancelled (RCI offered full refunds). Most of the venues are empty...except for the D Lounge and the overflow into the Viking Crown lounge. It appears that the only remaining passengers are D, D+, and Pinnacles.

You will enjoy the JS with the walk-in closet, tub in the shower, upgraded linens and pillows, upgraded toiletries, a tad bigger balcony, sofa and recliner, and of course the bigger cabin.

Oh! the crew has been outstanding and all specialty restaurants are heavily discounted. Happy Sailing!:classic_smile:

We are scheduled to do a 9 day on Nov. 23rd to the ABC islands.  I am still a bit nervous about the stabilizer issue.  I am not an inexperienced cruiser, but with us traveling so far away I pray our cruise will not be adversely effected

47 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

Thank you everyone for the help. 

Hope you ate are enjoying your cruise!  Does it seem bad without one stabilizer?

must be kind of nice not being full. 

What are the upgraded toiletries?

necer had a junior suite before so this will be awesome!

i wonder if they will do discounted speciality restaurants when we are on. 

Do they do any clubs or venues for junior suites or do we get any other specials?

where is the muster drill for us?

well enjoy your cruise and if you think of anything else that would be helpful please let me know!

can’t wait only 11 more days!!!!!

It's genuinely nice to have a less than full ship...and almost no kids compared to the previous cruise.

Toiletries: BioEnergy...in white tubes (made in PRC)...L'Occitane or Gilchrist and Soames only for the high D+, Pinnacles, and S G. Suites and above.

It's better than the "wall pump" soap provided in other cabins.

Not sure if they'll discount the specialty restaurants on your cruise...but they are extremely negotiable...wink, wink.

No other specials for JS.

Muster Station is based on your cabin and deck. (We are on deck 9, and our muster station is on deck 4, Sapphire dining room...nice to be inside sitting.)

Stabilizer: we are very fortunate sailing through calm seas. I don't want to be an alarmist or scare other passengers, BUT...IMHO, the Navigator will "rock and roll" to the music of rough seas.

10 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Hello

just wondering how’s the cruise going and ifvsny new info to share?

less than 10 days to go!!

Correction on my previous post...our first stop is Coco Cay, next is Port Canaveral then Miami. No new info, calm seas, great crew, mostly happy passengers.. 80's dance party in the promenade last night.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:34 PM, EmTeeNesters said:

First time in a JS next week and traveling with another couple who are not in a suite, but are emeralds.  Can they check in and board with us (priority boarding)?

they are not permitted in the suite  boarding area.   they might allowed to check in with you though.  but if you wish to board together, you must wait with them in the main  section.  

On 11/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, GTO-Girl said:

I am still a bit nervous about the stabilizer issue.  I am not an inexperienced cruiser, but with us traveling so far away I pray our cruise will not be adversely effected.

Don't be, there's nothing you can do about it and it will have virtually no affect on your cruise.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:01 AM, bonsai3s said:

Correction on my previous post...our first stop is Coco Cay, next is Port Canaveral then Miami. No new info, calm seas, great crew, mostly happy passengers.. 80's dance party in the promenade last night.

Hello again!

How's the cruise going? Are you guys in Port Canaveral?

Hope you are having a wonderful time!  I wish we could have done that journey!,,,but I'm happy to be going in a week at least.

Any new info to share?

4 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Hello again!

How's the cruise going? Are you guys in Port Canaveral?

Hope you are having a wonderful time!  I wish we could have done that journey!,,,but I'm happy to be going in a week at least.

Any new info to share?

Coco Cay cancelled...safety reasons...unable to tender due to rough seas and high winds.

Captain decided to go to Freeport instead.  We are just about to sail away and leave the loud party sounds from Senor Frogs below us.

Most passengers would’ve preferred a beach and barbecue day at Coco Cay...oh well, what’s another change of itinerary.

Port Canaveral early tomorrow morning with all passengers having to clear Customs before getting ashore. 😊

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, bonsai3s said:

Coco Cay cancelled...safety reasons...unable to tender due to rough seas and high winds.

Captain decided to go to Freeport instead.  We are just about to sail away and leave the loud party sounds from Senor Frogs below us.

Most passengers would’ve preferred a beach and barbecue day at Coco Cay...oh well, what’s another change of itinerary.

Port Canaveral early tomorrow morning with all passengers having to clear Customs before getting ashore. 😊

Hello my friend!  Hope you had and amazing TA cruise and it was what you hoped it would be.

Will you be doing a review?  Or uploading pics?

Anything would be cool.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Hello my friend!  Hope you had and amazing TA cruise and it was what you hoped it would be.

Will you be doing a review?  Or uploading pics?

Anything would be cool.

Thanks!

thjeepster, thank you!

We had a truly wonderful TA...simply because of the great crew and staying around the happy passengers.  This sailing was dubbed the "Cancellation of the Seas". :classic_blink: (not be posting pictures because it will mostly be pictures of the ocean...smile.)

Note: We are still onboard and on day 3 of a 5 day caribbean/Thanksgiving cruise and tonight is formal night. Not quite sure how they fitted 4600 passengers but upon an informal survey, perhaps it's the 2000+ children onboard.

In comparison to the TA, this cruise has now become a "party" cruise...speakers in the promenade and pool deck amplified 10x...dancing and drinking...less clothes...and human traffic everywhere. 

Let  me know if you have any specific questions and hopefully I can get you the answers.

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

thjeepster, thank you!

We had a truly wonderful TA...simply because of the great crew and staying around the happy passengers.  This sailing was dubbed the "Cancellation of the Seas". :classic_blink: (not be posting pictures because it will mostly be pictures of the ocean...smile.)

Note: We are still onboard and on day 3 of a 5 day caribbean/Thanksgiving cruise and tonight is formal night. Not quite sure how they fitted 4600 passengers but upon an informal survey, perhaps it's the 2000+ children onboard.

In comparison to the TA, this cruise has now become a "party" cruise...speakers in the promenade and pool deck amplified 10x...dancing and drinking...less clothes...and human traffic everywhere. 

Let  me know if you have any specific questions and hopefully I can get you the answers.

Oh yeah I forgot you were doing the b2b. 

Great to hear you had an amazing TA Cruise. I would love to do one someday!

wow over 2000 kids?  Hopefully we won’t have that many on Friday!...4600 that’s a lot!  Does it feel crowded?

hows the weather for the past couple days?

Does Johnny Rockets offer free breakfast like most other shops do?

are they showing movies on the screen outside at night? If so, do you know what they have been?

would you suggest certain don’t miss areas on the ship?...bars, clubs, food, shows, or places to eat?

Are the pools warm or heated?

what has the entertainment been the last few days?

which terminal did you leave from and did it take a long time to reboard?

if there is anything else you think would be helpful please share!

please enjoy the rest of your cruise and please get her ready for us on Friday!

happy thanksgiving!!!

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

thjeepster, thank you!

Also, how do you find out how many people are on the cruise (an informal survey)?

1 hour ago, thjeepster said:

Oh yeah I forgot you were doing the b2b. 

Great to hear you had an amazing TA Cruise. I would love to do one someday!

wow over 2000 kids?  Hopefully we won’t have that many on Friday!...4600 that’s a lot!  Does it feel crowded?

hows the weather for the past couple days?

Does Johnny Rockets offer free breakfast like most other shops do?

are they showing movies on the screen outside at night? If so, do you know what they have been?

would you suggest certain don’t miss areas on the ship?...bars, clubs, food, shows, or places to eat?

Are the pools warm or heated?

what has the entertainment been the last few days?

which terminal did you leave from and did it take a long time to reboard?

if there is anything else you think would be helpful please share!

please enjoy the rest of your cruise and please get her ready for us on Friday!

happy thanksgiving!!!

Guest services and the concierge provided the passenger count.

Yes, it feels crowded.

The weather’s been warm and wonderful.

No breakfast at JR.

Yes, movies being shown outside the large screen...sorry, I’ll have to read the compass...haven’t watched a movie yet.

Don’t miss areas or things...this is difficult and subjective because it may change next week.

(we loved the food at Giovani’s last night. The filet mignon and risotto were to die for.)

Pools are not heated but comfortably warm because of the nice weather.

(oh, gratuities for JS is $14.50/person/day)

Shows (production and single acts), have been less than stellar this week. Perhaps it will get better next week. (We have been on this ship since Oct. 26th)

Terminal G...it was crowded, busy, but orderly and organized. It took us about 15 or so minutes to re-board even with transit cards and new sea pass cards.

The ship has turned from being British to American...tv now showing MSNBC and Foxnews along with BBC...soccer now football...British bacon gone replaced by crispy American bacon...ship’s being cleaned for inspection...unfortunately, there’s no way to prevent the excited kids from spilling food.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Sailing!

On 11/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, bonsai3s said:

Guest services and the concierge provided the passenger count.

Yes, it feels crowded.

The weather’s been warm and wonderful.

No breakfast at JR.

Yes, movies being shown outside the large screen...sorry, I’ll have to read the compass...haven’t watched a movie yet.

Don’t miss areas or things...this is difficult and subjective because it may change next week.

(we loved the food at Giovani’s last night. The filet mignon and risotto were to die for.)

Pools are not heated but comfortably warm because of the nice weather.

(oh, gratuities for JS is $14.50/person/day)

Shows (production and single acts), have been less than stellar this week. Perhaps it will get better next week. (We have been on this ship since Oct. 26th)

Terminal G...it was crowded, busy, but orderly and organized. It took us about 15 or so minutes to re-board even with transit cards and new sea pass cards.

The ship has turned from being British to American...tv now showing MSNBC and Foxnews along with BBC...soccer now football...British bacon gone replaced by crispy American bacon...ship’s being cleaned for inspection...unfortunately, there’s no way to prevent the excited kids from spilling food.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Sailing!

How’s the cruise going?  Hope your still having a great time!!

any new info to report?

Did you get to see which movies are showing on the big screen at night?

Are you in a junior suite?  Which floor are you on?  We are on floor 10 mid/back of ship. Is that a good location?

do you fly out tomorrow?  Where u from?  Luckily we only have a 2 hour drive over. 

I wonder why johnny rockets doesn’t serve breakfast like other ships?

whos your CD and are they staying on for tomorrow?

well happy thanksgiving and enjoy your dinner tonight!

thanks again and have an amazing day!

8 hours ago, thjeepster said:

How’s the cruise going?  Hope your still having a great time!!

any new info to report?

Did you get to see which movies are showing on the big screen at night?

Are you in a junior suite?  Which floor are you on?  We are on floor 10 mid/back of ship. Is that a good location?

do you fly out tomorrow?  Where u from?  Luckily we only have a 2 hour drive over. 

I wonder why johnny rockets doesn’t serve breakfast like other ships?

whos your CD and are they staying on for tomorrow?

well happy thanksgiving and enjoy your dinner tonight!

thanks again and have an amazing day!

Movie showing today: Solo-A Star Wars Story.

CD is Robert Mcnally. He replaced Cubby (Brit) and guessing he'll be staying in.

Yes, we have been in a JS, deck 9, also mid/aft of the ship. Absolutely love our location. Note: Above you is the Windjammer. 

You must be from the Naples area...we are from the golden state...see you tomorrow...we are packing only because we are moving to another JS, still deck 9, now starboard side.:classic_smile: