Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
APDMOM

My View: Harmony of the Seas - 8 days of semi-live tips & too many pics!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

 

It depends on the type of cabin you book.  If it is unique and only a few exist on the ship, you can not do a price check when they sell out.  We typically book a boardwalk balcony or an oceanview balcony.  They all have category codes.  So, you can just mock book a room in the same category.  So, look on the deckplans to see what category you have, and compare a room with the same category/color code. See a sample deckplan below:

 

18602A50-338D-4EA2-A147-C8041013482C.thumb.jpeg.64772e0ec7c9b7d3d572662906f091fd.jpeg

 

Also, I agree that it may be time for a new “over the door” organizer.  The hanger will not work for the bathroom, unless you hook it over the towel hook. 🙂

 

Oh I see. There are only a few cabins left right now in my category, so I imagine in a few days/weeks, they will be all sold out so I wouldn't be able to do any price checks at all.

 

I used to use cruise shark, or some name like that, but it's been almost 10 years and no longer exists.  

 

Thanks again for the door organizer tip, I will go and look for one ...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 10:50 PM, APDMOM said:

Day 3 Cruise Compass:

 

C757007A-A8EC-40F0-AFCF-75B76D2ED0F8.thumb.jpeg.6481429cbf008ab4b4c9c28bca5ddcef.jpeg

 

3919CEBA-7A6B-4E49-A873-B613DB3AAFAB.thumb.jpeg.941b0f1c079fab6ca738bbb53d43d5f2.jpeg

 

75839076-214D-4A00-8DEF-940E27CC18F2.thumb.jpeg.4bf1676e8568948077928c1c0485c5f0.jpeg

 

B8524DC0-E974-495B-AF13-5D642010379C.thumb.jpeg.d469c25ebc2efe27dce51d3394dae659.jpeg

 

D5240522-16F0-4148-9D9E-C81C404C3B25.thumb.jpeg.e99dcaab64a52450851192a8fe632229.jpeg

 

427DFA81-944B-47DC-9B58-47839D7DD202.thumb.jpeg.f4da21e1f895b6abae7e59512d32ae79.jpeg

 

The Crown and Anchor party invitation was in the stateroom on boarding day:

3DA0A939-8BFF-422F-9CEA-F64E38E7FF0C.thumb.jpeg.6991f751b06ca29a7650bc7390016551.jpeg

 

 

What a lovely review you've written! Very time consuming!  

I've already been on 1 cruise and have a Crown & Anchor #.  Does this mean I will now be invited to this loyalty event on my next cruise?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the magnetic hooks, is there only one wall that is magnetic?  I've added them to my packing list! 

So helpful!  I had no idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

 Does this mean I will now be invited to this loyalty event on my next cruise?

Unlikely, the Top Tier events are usually for Platinum and up C&A members.

 

BTW, folks with limited internet bandwidth and those who have to scroll a lot would appreciate folks NOT quoting long posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

For the magnetic hooks, is there only one wall that is magnetic? 

All the walls and ceiling are metallic and magnets will adhere to all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, red-dragon said:

What a lovely review you've written! Very time consuming!  

I've already been on 1 cruise and have a Crown & Anchor #.  Does this mean I will now be invited to this loyalty event on my next cruise?

 

 

For this Crown and Anchor event, yes you are able to attend.  This one was open to all levels of Crown and Anchor Society.  In fact, Harmony allowed all guests to attend.  It was also posted in the cruise compass.  There was a separate special Top Tier event for the higher levels of C&A.  🙂 Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by APDMOM
clarify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, APDMOM said:

For this Crown and Anchor event, yes you are able to attend.  This one was open to all levels of Crown and Anchor Society.  In fact, Harmony allowed all guests to attend.  It was also posted in the cruise compass.  There was a separate special Top Tier event for the higher levels of C&A.  🙂 Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much ADPMOM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

All the walls and ceiling are metallic and magnets will adhere to all of them.

That's good to know!  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2018 at 8:15 PM, accio_7 said:

 

Breakfast at Johnny Rockets is included in the cost of your cruise fare aboard Oasis-class ships. 

 

1/ That's good to know!  So only breakfast, and the rest of the menu is at cost?  Do you need reservations for breakfast?

 

2/ Is the breakfast better at Johnny Rockets than the other choices? I think they would be Solarium Bistro and Windjammer which is included?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

2/ Is the breakfast better at Johnny Rockets than the other choices? I think they would be Solarium Bistro and Windjammer which is included?

 

More limited but you get waiter service.  Other free options include:

 

Mini Bites (made to order omelets, standard sides, often not crowded)

Park Cafe - bagels (several kinds) with a variety of cream cheeses, lox, toppings, etc.  Also breakfast sandwiches (like a McMuffin), cereal, oatmeal, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

 

More limited but you get waiter service.  Other free options include:

 

Mini Bites (made to order omelets, standard sides, often not crowded)

Park Cafe - bagels (several kinds) with a variety of cream cheeses, lox, toppings, etc.  Also breakfast sandwiches (like a McMuffin), cereal, oatmeal, etc.

Thanks Mike!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, red-dragon said:

 

1/ That's good to know!  So only breakfast, and the rest of the menu is at cost?  Do you need reservations for breakfast?

 

2/ Is the breakfast better at Johnny Rockets than the other choices? I think they would be Solarium Bistro and Windjammer which is included?

 Yes, only breakfast is free.  They have very good orange juice and we enjoy the breakfast sandwiches they offer.  It is a set menu. 🙂 

 

If you book a Boardwalk balcony, you get a free JR lunch for 4.  We had that once. Otherwise, you pay a flat fee for lunch.  Don’t know what the current cost is, but it was around $8 per person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, red-dragon said:

 

1/ That's good to know!  So only breakfast, and the rest of the menu is at cost?  Do you need reservations for breakfast? ...

 

No reservations needed or taken for breakfast at JR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, APDMOM said:

 Yes, only breakfast is free.  They have very good orange juice and we enjoy the breakfast sandwiches they offer.  It is a set menu. 🙂 

 

If you book a Boardwalk balcony, you get a free JR lunch for 4.  We had that once. Otherwise, you pay a flat fee for lunch.  Don’t know what the current cost is, but it was around $8 per person.

 

That's good to know when I've read the OJ isn't that great in the WIndjammer.  Thank you!

 

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

 

No reservations needed or taken for breakfast at JR.

Thanks so much!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 3:34 PM, red-dragon said:

 

Oh I see. There are only a few cabins left right now in my category, so I imagine in a few days/weeks, they will be all sold out so I wouldn't be able to do any price checks at all.

 

I used to use cruise shark, or some name like that, but it's been almost 10 years and no longer exists.  

 

Thanks again for the door organizer tip, I will go and look for one ...lol

I tried three dollar stores for an inexpensive over the door organizer. The last one was Dollar Tree and I found a nice lightweight one that’s now been on half a dozen cruises. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I tried three dollar stores for an inexpensive over the door organizer. The last one was Dollar Tree and I found a nice lightweight one that’s now been on half a dozen cruises. 

We have Dollarama here in Canada.  It's on my packing list, thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2018 at 10:27 PM, APDMOM said:

San Juan Tour

 

Our plan was to walk to a stop for the free trolley, hop on, and get the free sightseeing trip to one of the forts.  Unfortunately, the first trolley had broken seats and very poor ventilation.  It was like an oven, so we hopped off at the next stop.  We walked again... this time to stop number 3.  This time, we waited 35 minutes and still did not see a trolley.  We decided to pay for a tour instead, as we were just wasting time in the heat at this point.  About 15 yards from where we waited, we saw the trolley - another closed one, which was packed with people.  The tour ended up being the best decision of the day.  

Hi APDMOM - I know this is an older post, but you mentioned doing a tour.  What tour did you take, do you have a link, website or contact info?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, red-dragon said:

Hi APDMOM - I know this is an older post, but you mentioned doing a tour.  What tour did you take, do you have a link, website or contact info?

Thank you!

 

Hi, red-dragon!  We just walked to the tour bus area right next to the Sheraton.  They have a whole line of tour buses that seem to be from the same company, waiting for people who get off the ship.  So, you don’t have to book in advance.  I don’t have the name of the tour company, but I think it is best just to walk to them anyway.  That way you can join a tour or change your mind. 🙂  When you exit the port, walk to the right side of the Sheraton.  It is very close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, APDMOM said:

 

Hi, red-dragon!  We just walked to the tour bus area right next to the Sheraton.  They have a whole line of tour buses that seem to be from the same company, waiting for people who get off the ship.  So, you don’t have to book in advance.  I don’t have the name of the tour company, but I think it is best just to walk to them anyway.  That way you can join a tour or change your mind. 🙂  When you exit the port, walk to the right side of the Sheraton.  It is very close. 

Oh wow, that's good to know!  I'd prefer to read up about a tour operator before booking, but this is a good option for any last minute cruisers, or if something doesn't work out.  Thank you!


Did you take a city tour, boat tour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great review and pictures.  Never sailed on this class ship but plan to next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 8:09 PM, red-dragon said:

Oh wow, that's good to know!  I'd prefer to read up about a tour operator before booking, but this is a good option for any last minute cruisers, or if something doesn't work out.  Thank you!


Did you take a city tour, boat tour?

It was a bus tour of old and new city.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...