HAL Christmas Tree

BBQ Lover

We just called and got the 36" version. We are driving home from the cruise port so we should have room in the car for it and our luggage. We are sailing from December 16th to the 23rd so we won't actually be on for Christmas ourselves. We hadn't been back to see the picture of the 16" version until just now. If so, then we may have just gotten the 28"

4 minutes ago, BBQ Lover said:

There is also a wreath available this year.

Thank you BBQ Lover.  I don’t suppose they mentioned if they hang it on the door for you or if you just get a wreath and wonder where to put it?

6 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Thank you BBQ Lover.  I don’t suppose they mentioned if they hang it on the door for you or if you just get a wreath and wonder where to put it?

I didn't think to ask about where to hang it. We were too worried about busting out a tape measure to see what size we thought would work. We even ended up looking at our stateroom on halfacts.com to make sure it looked like there would be good spots to put the tree.

Edited by BBQ Lover
  • Thanks 1

I called Ship Services tonight and asking about trees was on my list. We are sailing on 5 December (NOT a "holiday" sailing) and I was told that we could indeed get a tree for our cruise. The agent said they are decorated and have led lights. Three sizes this year-- small 16" $47.99; large 28" $64.99; and XL 36" $89.99. Sorry, didn't know about the wreath or would've asked about that too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When selecting the size of tree to order, consider the size of your stateroom and begin to think about where you are going to put it.

My traveling companion and I had a Signature Suite on the Prinsendam.  Only two sizes of trees were available then.  I ordered the small one and it fit perfectly on the table in front of the sofa.  A 36 inch tree that is now available:  Hmmm.

23 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

When selecting the size of tree to order, consider the size of your stateroom and begin to think about where you are going to put it.

My traveling companion and I had a Signature Suite on the Prinsendam.  Only two sizes of trees were available then.  I ordered the small one and it fit perfectly on the table in front of the sofa.  A 36 inch tree that is now available:  Hmmm.

We are planning on putting our 36" tree on the counter between the coffee maker and the lamp, or we might move the lamp and put it in the corner, or we might put it in front of the window so we can see it from the balcony.

It could also end up on the counter on the other side of the couch or possibly on the wet bar.

eudm7137-20170304_124412.jpg

eudm7137-Suite-from-Verandah-side.jpg

Edited by BBQ Lover

So I called Ship Services again today to ask about the wreaths. The agent told me that it is a "table wreath" which I'm guessing is a circular arrangement of "red roses and decorations" that will make your room table look lovely rather than your door. Unfortunately she didn't send me a photo of this. Price is $47.99. In addition, they're also offering two baskets, also both priced at $47.99. One is a red basket with red flowers and decorations and Christmas greens and the other is a gold basket with white flowers and decorations and Christmas greens. The flowers appear to be a combo of daisies, roses, and carnations and there's a giant ball in the middle of it. She sent me pix of these but they're tiny. So lots of ways to decorate your staterooms for the holidays this year....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joekerstef said:

So I called Ship Services again today to ask about the wreaths. The agent told me that it is a "table wreath" which I'm guessing is a circular arrangement of "red roses and decorations" that will make your room table look lovely rather than your door. Unfortunately she didn't send me a photo of this. Price is $47.99. In addition, they're also offering two baskets, also both priced at $47.99. One is a red basket with red flowers and decorations and Christmas greens and the other is a gold basket with white flowers and decorations and Christmas greens. The flowers appear to be a combo of daisies, roses, and carnations and there's a giant ball in the middle of it. She sent me pix of these but they're tiny. So lots of ways to decorate your staterooms for the holidays this year....

Thank you joekerstef. I wish they’d post the options in the flower section of indulgences so we can see them.

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Thank you joekerstef. I wish they’d post the options in the flower section of indulgences so we can see them.

I agree. The photos she sent to me are miniscule. I'd really like a better view before buying. Already bought one of their regular arrangements that you can view on the website so not sure I want to throw more money at flowers, but still, I would like to be festive since this cruise will be our Christmas this year.

• 1 month later...

The 36" that we just had on Eurodam. It has really cool flashing and it was well worth the eighty bucks. Everyone commented about how cool it was while I was carrying it off of the dam ship

image000000.jpg

Edited by BBQ Lover
  • Like 2