What bar do you mostly frequent?

miched

3 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

Sunset Bar during the day.

World  Class Bar before dinner. If you like craft cocktails, it can’t be beat. Hard to drag my husband away from it!

We had atrocious service at the world class bar on our last cruise. Went first night and never went back. Bartender ignored our friends, made our drinks, left them on his side of the bar and left. 

Sunset bar for a late afternoon drink and then World Class Bar pre and post dinner/show.  We loved the WCB on the Eclipse.  Terrific cocktails, excellent staff and great people to chat to.  On our previous cruises on other S class ships we have always been Martini Bar snobs pre cruise but we found the martini's to be too inconsistent.  Often way to strong or out of balance so we started going to the WCB and found our favourite bar. 

I don’t think you can judge a bar by one experience. I have felt slighted at a particular bar only to come back at a different time and been treated differently.

Cruise Junky should give WCB another try if interested in craft cocktails. 

Our two bartenders on the Equinox at the WCB last month, were very friendly and attentive. We even made sure that we singled them out for good reviews at the end of the cruise. At times, the bar was busy and they were working too hard to be social, but when things slowed down we enjoyed talking to them. We learned about their homes and got some pointers on how they make their drinks.

Making friends and talking with the bartender can be part of the experience! 

14 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

We had atrocious service at the world class bar on our last cruise. Went first night and never went back. Bartender ignored our friends, made our drinks, left them on his side of the bar and left. 

Those guys at the WCB often seen cold and uptight. Might be because many of them are Eastern European or they train them to be more formal. I dunno, but they usually lighten up as the cruise goes on and they get to know you. It can also take a while to get a cocktail there so you have to be patient.   I also chuckle at the looks people give the bartenders when told they can't get a beer or wine at the WCB.  I've seen several passengers get quite flustered/angry because they can't get a beer there.

It's certainly not the same vibe as the Martini Bar but the cocktails are pretty darn good. 

21 minutes ago, TFLG said:

Those guys at the WCB often seen cold and uptight. Might be because many of them are Eastern European or they train them to be more formal. I dunno, but they usually lighten up as the cruise goes on and they get to know you. It can also take a while to get a cocktail there so you have to be patient.   I also chuckle at the looks people give the bartenders when told they can't get a beer or wine at the WCB.  I've seen several passengers get quite flustered/angry because they can't get a beer there.

It's certainly not the same vibe as the Martini Bar but the cocktails are pretty darn good. 

The Molecular bar used to have a similar reputation but we always loved hanging out there.  I would definitely go back to the WCB on a different ship. He was just so bizarre. Finished our drinks and then put them out of our reach and left.  We waited as we thought perhaps he needed another ingredient but nope, he didn't come back for at least 15/20 mins.   

Edited by Cruise Junky

16 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Was that on Silhouette? We had an awkward experience there. The place was empty, except for two other passengers who were sitting at the bar. The two of us sat at the table and looked at the menu. No one said a word to us. I figured we were doing it wrong, so I walked up to the bar and ordered our drinks. The bartender made our drinks and put them on the bar without a word. I felt like we didn't belong there. Never went back. 

Two dumb questions:

1) Where the heck is WCB? I'll admit, we are equal opportunity bar hopers on a cruise and like them all. Like many posts, for us it's circumstance dependent (sail away - sunset bar, pre-dinner cocktails somewhere near the restaurants, listening to Jazz, etc) but I'm a tiny bit ashamed to admit I'm not always familiar with the actual names of each. Martini Bar - obvious, Sunset Bar, same but the rest I just don't remember. I checked Cruisedeckplans.com and don't see World Class Bar (Tried to figure it out on my own...) so...?

2) What the heck goes on in Quasar ? We haven't cruised that many times on Celebrity and have never happened in (thought it was some kind of meeting space) and not much is mentioned about that space. 

Anywho - shame on me, clearly I have some work to do on our December sailing - I've been FAR too complacent on our previous vacations! 🍸😉

1. I went to the deck plan of Silhouette to where I thought the WCB is and it says Passport Bar. I'm confused. Hope someone else can help you and me.

2. Quasar is a nightclub. There is a DJ there. Sometimes they have trivia games.

Edited by Marelaine

WCB is the World Class Bar.  It is located just aft of the Sushi on 5 Restaurant. (Solstice Class ships) They make the special cocktails for the  Sushi on 5 at the same bar.

the Passport Bar is on Deck 3.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marelaine said:

Was that on Silhouette? We had an awkward experience there. The place was empty, except for two other passengers who were sitting at the bar. The two of us sat at the table and looked at the menu. No one said a word to us. I figured we were doing it wrong, so I walked up to the bar and ordered our drinks. The bartender made our drinks and put them on the bar without a word. I felt like we didn't belong there. Never went back. 

No, it was Solstice. But who know knows it could have been the same bar tender  .