Meraviglia marketplace buffet and cabin noise Deck 14. Please help if you've been on!

adelaidefc

Hi, 

I'm taking my first ever cruise on Bellissima next May and wanted to ask those who'd been on Meraviglia to help me interpret the deck plan. 

My cabin is a Deck 14 Fantastica balcony, 14132, directly next to the midship lifts (the plans for Bellissima differ slightly here), on starboard side. 

It seems to be directly below the overhang on Deck 15, and I understand that means there'll be some struts and a lot of shade (which doesn't bother me). 

I am however, very concerned about noise from the wooden floors in the Marketplace Buffet above and the scraping of chairs and banging around early in the morning or late at night. 

I've attached an image of Deck 15 plan with a terribly drawn X marking the spot above my cabin. 

And I was wondering if someone could tell me what on earth is in the white-space there?!

I've watched endless ship tour videos and read posts here, but can't seem to work out if that spot on Deck 15 that overhangs the side of the ship are full of tables and chairs or something else. On external photos there are a lot of nice windows there, so I'm guessing it's part of the buffet area. 

If so, I may try to change cabins as the noise may bother me.

If not, I quite like the idea of being able to take a single flight of stairs to breakfast etc, and the shaded balcony that would pretty much be all-weather.

Thanks so much for your help!

plan.JPG

plan2.jpg

Edited by adelaidefc

The space in question is overflow seating for the buffets. Usually was only crowded during the meal rushes and often was closed off in the hours in between. Unfortunately I do not know how much noise is made when the crew cleans or resets the area in the early hours. 

Hope that helps a bit

• Thanks 1

We had a stateroom on deck 14.. From my review.

"

Cabin B3 14087
Do NOT book a stateroom on deck 14 under the pool deck on Meraviglia. NOISY! You could hear people running, loungers placed out by the crew every morning at 6, LOUD pool parties like the white party.. When I complained about this, I got the impression that the customer service was well aware of this, and gave me a B I G discount on my upcoming cruise in February."
  • Thanks 1

Thanks mate it was actually your review that prompted my concern in the first place!

I think under the buffet will be not quite as bad but still potentially problematic. I'll just have to decide if the upsides of that cabin are worth the downside.

I did try to change to one mid ship deck 13, but even though it was visible online the call centre agent couldn't see it. Very annoying, and yet another little thing that has bothered me about MSC before I even get on-board.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 4:42 PM, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

We had a stateroom on deck 14.. From my review.

"

Cabin B3 14087
Do NOT book a stateroom on deck 14 under the pool deck on Meraviglia. NOISY! You could hear people running, loungers placed out by the crew every morning at 6, LOUD pool parties like the white party.. When I complained about this, I got the impression that the customer service was well aware of this, and gave me a B I G discount on my upcoming cruise in February."

DO YOU THINK A BALCONY AT THE END OF THE SHIP ON THE BACK WOULD EXPERIENCE NOISE?

On 11/11/2018 at 7:13 AM, adelaidefc said:

Hi, 

I'm taking my first ever cruise on Bellissima next May and wanted to ask those who'd been on Meraviglia to help me interpret the deck plan. 

My cabin is a Deck 14 Fantastica balcony, 14132, directly next to the midship lifts (the plans for Bellissima differ slightly here), on starboard side. 

It seems to be directly below the overhang on Deck 15, and I understand that means there'll be some struts and a lot of shade (which doesn't bother me). 

I am however, very concerned about noise from the wooden floors in the Marketplace Buffet above and the scraping of chairs and banging around early in the morning or late at night. 

I've attached an image of Deck 15 plan with a terribly drawn X marking the spot above my cabin. 

And I was wondering if someone could tell me what on earth is in the white-space there?!

I've watched endless ship tour videos and read posts here, but can't seem to work out if that spot on Deck 15 that overhangs the side of the ship are full of tables and chairs or something else. On external photos there are a lot of nice windows there, so I'm guessing it's part of the buffet area. 

If so, I may try to change cabins as the noise may bother me.

If not, I quite like the idea of being able to take a single flight of stairs to breakfast etc, and the shaded balcony that would pretty much be all-weather.

Thanks so much for your help!

plan.JPG

plan2.jpg

We are on the Meraviglia in 12 days time, in a cabin about 2 closer to the buffet than yours.  I too am a little bit worried about the noise, but as we have connecting rooms, it was not possible to change.  I’ll try to remember to come back to this thread after we board with info on noise levels.