40% discount on bottles of wine

I saw a post on here a few days ago, where someone purchased a few bottles of wine when using Speciality Dining package to get the discount, and had it sent to the MDR for use at a future date, but I can't find the post anywhere.

Can someone confirm that this is doable, and is there a limit on the number of bottles you can purchase whilst dining at one of the Speciality Restaurants?.   Also, can the bottles be bought and taken back to your cabin for using during the duration of the cruise and/or sent to the MDR for using on another night?

TIA

• 3 months later...
On 11/11/2018 at 9:10 AM, texmex.ferr said:

I saw a post on here a few days ago, where someone purchased a few bottles of wine when using Speciality Dining package to get the discount, and had it sent to the MDR for use at a future date, but I can't find the post anywhere.

Can someone confirm that this is doable, and is there a limit on the number of bottles you can purchase whilst dining at one of the Speciality Restaurants?.   Also, can the bottles be bought and taken back to your cabin for using during the duration of the cruise and/or sent to the MDR for using on another night?

TIA

Yes, you can purchase as many as you like and take them anywhere on the ship.

Hello to Ian.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

On Anthem of the Seas:

If I purchase the 3 night dining package, it includes 40% off bottled wine.   

On Day 2, I go to a specialty restaurant for dinner -  I can order 2 bottles of wine, drink one glass at dinner, then leave dining room with opened bottle and unopened bottle?  

That would be great for nightcaps on the balcony.  

Or - I can also purchase the two bottles, have them store the bottles, and then use them in the MDR or Solarium dining room?  I just let the waiter know I have them stored?

Edited by AnnaNicole
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hithere753 said:

Did this work? I had the same question 

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Hi Hithere,   I haven't used it yet, and have since bought the full deluxe drinks package (we managed to rebook our cruise and include it in the new price, for a lot less than normal price!!), but thanks to Bob (Host Clarea) we have our answer.   Thanks again Bob for your reply, I will remember for future cruises, and will also pass this on to 'Saint Brenda'  :classic_biggrin:, who may be interested in this.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise, and Ian says 'Hi'

Margaret 

Thanks bob and Margaret for the reply! I have brought bottles on before with the 2 bottle limit and thought we couldn’t take them out of our cabin. I was specifically asking for the intent to put them into the RCCL dining system so I could finish them in the main dining rooms.

48 minutes ago, hithere753 said:

Thanks bob and Margaret for the reply! I have brought bottles on before with the 2 bottle limit and thought we couldn’t take them out of our cabin. I was specifically asking for the intent to put them into the RCCL dining system so I could finish them in the main dining rooms.

Any wine you purchase on board can be taken and consumed in any public venue without additional corkage fee.