Any chance of getting a mobile app back?

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Does your image look like my post in 143?  I think I’m stuck where you are as well. 

Mine is grey and says  "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action" (can't figure out how to do a screen shot).

Strange thing is that your post actually shows on Tapatalk, but when I try to respond using Tapatalk it says I'm not logged in! 

Does your image look like my post in 143?  I think I’m stuck where you are as well. 
So, I started totally from scratch again. Uninstalled Tapatalk, the reinstalled and signed into everything again. Now attempting to post using Tapatalk, hopefully it works.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, lr657 said:

So, I started totally from scratch again. Uninstalled Tapatalk, the reinstalled and signed into everything again. Now attempting to post using Tapatalk, hopefully it works.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Your post is here.

52 minutes ago, lr657 said:

Mine is grey and says  "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action" (can't figure out how to do a screen shot).

Strange thing is that your post actually shows on Tapatalk, but when I try to respond using Tapatalk it says I'm not logged in! 

I should have clarified... I posted that on Safari/Explorer, not from the App.

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Your post is here.

Well it was good while it lasted. Now unable to post using Tapatalk , even after logging in again.  Can't think of anything else to try. Will wait it out a bit.

• Administrators

Quick update:

If you are using ANDROID devices, keep trying. You should be able to log in, and post a reply/new topic.  However, there may be times when you are logged out automatically.  We're working on this glitch.

For IOS users:  we are still working on IOS version.  Stay tuned for more information.

• Like 1

Yes, I just ran into the logged out issue on Android. Strange thing is, it sent me a notification of a new reply and let me start a reply and only complained about not being logged in when I tried to submit it. Even worse, there was no obvious way to login again short of logging out and back in and then finding the post I was replying to again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

Yes, I just ran into the logged out issue on Android. Strange thing is, it sent me a notification of a new reply and let me start a reply and only complained about not being logged in when I tried to submit it. Even worse, there was no obvious way to login again short of logging out and back in and then finding the post I was replying to again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hey MisterBill99:  Sounds like an issue with **how** the Tapatalk app works -- if you have a question or an issue with Tapatalk app itself,  you can click the "Contact Us" button in the Tapatalk mobile app/.  The nice folks over at Tapatalk will be able to assist you from there.

1 hour ago, LauraS said:

Quick update:

If you are using ANDROID devices, keep trying. You should be able to log in, and post a reply/new topic.  However, there may be times when you are logged out automatically.  We're working on this glitch.

For IOS users:  we are still working on IOS version.  Stay tuned for more information.

Thank you for keeping us informed. 

14 minutes ago, LauraS said:

Hey MisterBill99:  Sounds like an issue with **how** the Tapatalk app works -- if you have a question or an issue with Tapatalk app itself,  you can click the "Contact Us" button in the Tapatalk mobile app/.  The nice folks over at Tapatalk will be able to assist you from there.

Thanks.. but didn't you just say "However, there may be times when you are logged out automatically.  We're working on this glitch"? That sounds like what I am seeing. Are you working on it or do you want me to take it up with Tapatalk?

26 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Thanks.. but didn't you just say "However, there may be times when you are logged out automatically.  We're working on this glitch"? That sounds like what I am seeing. Are you working on it or do you want me to take it up with Tapatalk?

Something to try which probably won’t make a difference but is worth trying is to clear the cache. It won’t hurt anything. You do that in settings. Settings in Me. 

5 hours ago, LauraS said:

However, there may be times when you are logged out automatically.  We're working on this glitch.

For all users or TapaTalk only?  

I only access Cruise Critic with my desktop computer and web browser.  I never log out intentionally.  

When I return...sometimes I have to log in, sometimes I don't.  

5 hours ago, LauraS said:

Quick update:

Thank you for the update Laura. I am logged in to both Cruise Critic and Tapatalk on my android device, but still not able to post a reply. My subscriptions area is still showing  "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action". I will keep checking, but so far despite reinstalling and signing out and back in, I am unable to use the Tapatalk app. 

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Something to try which probably won’t make a difference but is worth trying is to clear the cache. It won’t hurt anything. You do that in settings. Settings in Me. 

I assume you mean the app cache in Android? Tried that athough I doubt it will make a difference. One thing I did do was to change my Tapatalk email address to the same as I use for Cruise Critic  I use unique email addresses in my personal domain for different sites (so I can figure out who my address was stolen from when I get spam), and had created a new CC ID (misterbill9901) when I initially installed Tapatalk (because it prompted me to do so and I wasn't thinking). It kept trying to log me in with the 9901 ID when I went into TT since it had the same email address as I used at TT. I changed my TT email address to match CC and now at least it prompts me to see if I want to login to misterbill99 and does not prompt for a password. Hopefully that will make having to login again easier. if/when I get logged out.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:03 AM, A&L_Ont said:

I've got it working, but all I see so far is some format changes.  Bold titles and such.  I think I'll stick to mobile web.

Using Android

Edited by John&LaLa

On 12/19/2018 at 2:47 PM, LauraS said:

So, I'm doubling back on this topic....to share that we've been working on this 

Then, the forums will be available via the Tapatalk app -- for IOS (Apple) devices.  This takes a bit longer as the Apple folks do more testing on the apps etc.

FINALLY, our Branded standalone app will return.  I do not have an ETA yet on this, but I will let you know.

All of the above will be announced on a more formal basis when the Apple version is available.

Hope this helps,

Laura

This is good news.  I used to check a few boards in the evening & comment on some but it is sooooo hard doing this via Safari on my ipad .   forget on the phone.  

1 hour ago, boblerm said:

Yesterday I was able to post from my android device, today, I get a message "you do not have enough permission to post to..."

Same thing for me. I even tried logging out and back in and still got the error. Mine says "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action".

Edited by MisterBill99

1 hour ago, boblerm said:

Yesterday I was able to post from my android device, today, i get a message "you do not have enough permission to post to..."

15 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Same thing for me. I even tried logging out and back in and still got the error. Mine says "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action".

I'm having the same issue! I was able to post once yesterday using Tapatalk on my android, but the  "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action" message appeared after that. I did report the issue to Tapatalk yesterday, but have not yet received a reply.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:23 AM, LauraS said:

Quick update:

Thanks Laura. I’m happy to hear that you are working on an IOS version.  I have good patience so I’ll be waiting.

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've got it working, but all I see so far is some format changes.  Bold titles and such.  I think I'll stick to mobile web.

Using Android

IOS here.