Question on bottomless bubbles

ashton57

Just a few questions about the bottomless bubbles package. I was considering getting it for just myself since my husband is fine drinking lemonade and tea. If I get it for myself do I always have to be the one to go up to the bar and get it or can my husband bring my card and get it for me? Also is it true they don't give you the unopened can and just pour it into a cup from an opened can? I plan on bringing my yeti cup and might want to bring it back to the cabin for later. Is there a time limit you have to wait in between getting refills? Do those of you that got this package feel it was worth it? I'm deciding between the package or buying the 6 packs for $10 each from the fun shop. We really don't want to worry about lugging it onto the ship ourselves. Any replies are appreciated. 

Well, it really depends on how many sodas you will drink. For instance, if you think 12 would be enough and don't want to haul it on board, $20 for two six-packs would still be a cheaper option than BB or ala carte, you get a fresh can each time and can keep them cold in your mini fridge. Only downside with that is you have to go to the cabin to get them each time and you are limited to what ever flavor(s) you bought. Of course you could still allow yourself a few ala cartes while out and about and probably still come out cheaper.

The only time I got BB, I didn’t find it was worth the price for an adult BB. Yes I enjoy a Coke more than I probably should but didn’t drink enough to justify the cost. 

They also wouldn’t serve my husband when he went up with my card. I went up with him the next time and asked if they could give to my husband-with my card-as I was on crutches (recovering from surgery) so it was more difficult for me to move around. The one bartender did from that point on. 

I know you don't want to lug it on the ship yourself, but you may save some money by carrying your drinks on yourself for that few hours until you can get to your cabin (unless you're fttf/d/p).. Carnival only has warm Coke products in cans. I personally don't like Coke products yet alone my soda poured on ice. You can get a 12pk for less than $5 as opposed to the 6pack for $10 from Carnival. Plus you will have the soda of your choice to keep in your cabin fridge to have cold. You can also buy more in ports if you run out.

We've done it with the BB  as well as bringing our own on board. But we only brought it on with us once, when our son was with. So we still got him the BB, so he could get me a Sprite on occasion, but then I had Pepsi for the actual cruise. I've had the BB for like 4 cruises and used it plenty every time still. With the cost of each soda, getting I think 3 covers the daily cost of BB for me. I usually would drink one in the morning, then another 1 or 2 in the afternoon, plus 2 or so in the evening. Now, I didn't always finish them, and if they got warm, I'd get a fresh one knowing that I had the BB.

I've sometimes gotten the full can, with a glass, and sometimes they just filled the glass. I've never had any problems with whichever way I wanted to get it. And I can't speak to my husband getting it. But I would think many bartenders would be pretty casual about it, if he pointed you out, etc... But that's not a guarantee.

We always get the BB, we had a server that was great(Leo) and after the comedy show every night, he gave us a can of Coke & Diet to take to the room!  I like mine 1st thing when I get up, it's my coffee!!!  And he would give us the can during the day too!  

It all depends on the server!!

On 11/11/2018 at 8:26 AM, ashton57 said:

Just a few questions about the bottomless bubbles package. I was considering getting it for just myself since my husband is fine drinking lemonade and tea. If I get it for myself do I always have to be the one to go up to the bar and get it or can my husband bring my card and get it for me? Also is it true they don't give you the unopened can and just pour it into a cup from an opened can? I plan on bringing my yeti cup and might want to bring it back to the cabin for later. Is there a time limit you have to wait in between getting refills? Do those of you that got this package feel it was worth it? I'm deciding between the package or buying the 6 packs for $10 each from the fun shop. We really don't want to worry about lugging it onto the ship ourselves. Any replies are appreciated. 

I didn't feel any restrictions on timing.  I was alone with sisters, and I was the only one who got the drinks.  Sometimes they would put it in a nice glass with ice and other times they just handed me the can.  You could always ask them for what you want and they can say yes or no.  

I usually bring my own drink cup with a lid and haven't had any issues with them putting it in that instead of a glass.

Also, one of our favorite things to do is get a glass half filled with root beer and then hit the soft serve ice cream and make our own root beer float!