Question about Celebrity waffle robes..

TechKnowBabble

If I decided to purchase those for our upcoming cruise, would they take up a lot of space in our luggage? Also how large are the robes? I know that sometimes 'one size fits all' doesn't necessarily fit all
I assume we're talking about the kind yo u get in suites and CC cabins? They'd hit a 6' person below the knee, and my wife wasn't dragging ground with hers at 5'2", if that helps. And yes, these robes are quite bulky when folded, so you'd want to leave some room for them if you decided to bring them home. Heck, if they weren't bulky, they wouldn't be worth bringing home! Do you have one of those "expandable" type suit cases? Might be a plan.

I was referring to the 'standard' waffle robe, not the 'top of the line model' I was wondering more specifically as to if they would fit a larger person, as in weight, not specifically height, although that's also good to know as my boyfriend is 6' . I would hate to purchase them only to find they weren't large enough around the chest or stomach.

It almost sounds as if you think you have to purchase them to use them. They come with your cabin, you use them for your entire cruise, then if you choose to purchase some, that's entirely up to you. Personally I'd purchase something at home and not worry about hauling something home with me.

Marilyn

The waffle robes on Celebrity are in regular cabins (non-suite and non-conceirge class) and do not fit a large person well. They do shrink. (I was given one for a spa treatment that could have fit a small child. The terry ones are larger.

The waffle robes on Celebrity are in regular cabins (non-suite and non-conceirge class) and do not fit a large person well. They do shrink. (I was given one for a spa treatment that could have fit a small child. The terry ones are larger.

Ahhhhh....perhaps I shall just wait and see then :)

Regarding the robes:

Don't worry about purchasing something ahead of time to remind you of the cruise that you are going to have. Think about a souvenir you can bring home that is a small momento of the amazing cruise you had togehter.

I have drawers filled with amazing momentoes from free maps of ports we visited to foreign coins we received in change at the different ports. I love the X robes we've worn on cruises but can't imagine keeping them forever. Coins, stamps and photos fit well into my forever collection however.

Dianne

Regarding the robes:

Don't worry about purchasing something ahead of time to remind you of the cruise that you are going to have. Think about a souvenir you can bring home that is a small momento of the amazing cruise you had togehter.

I have drawers filled with amazing momentoes from free maps of ports we visited to foreign coins we received in change at the different ports. I love the X robes we've worn on cruises but can't imagine keeping them forever. Coins, stamps and photos fit well into my forever collection however.

Dianne

True...I do enjoy foreign currency as well. Hoping to get some of that if possible.

I have purchased both styles of robe. We got the thick ones with an anniversary package. But on later cruises I found I love the waffle style. I can wear it more often living in Texas.

Just use the ones from your cabin. Then at the end of the cruise purchase one, and you will get a new one packaged up. It doesn't take up much room.

Debby

I was referring to the 'standard' waffle robe, not the 'top of the line model' I was wondering more specifically as to if they would fit a larger person, as in weight, not specifically height, although that's also good to know as my boyfriend is 6' . I would hate to purchase them only to find they weren't large enough around the chest or stomach.
Sorry. Misunderstood. We've not seen the other "model" for a while, so I can't recall how much bulk it would make up if packed. Bet someone here gets it, though. The CC/Suite version is quite nice, but bulky.

How much are they getting for the "standard" model these days?

Sorry. Misunderstood. We've not seen the other "model" for a while, so I can't recall how much bulk it would make up if packed. Bet someone here gets it, though. The CC/Suite version is quite nice, but bulky.

How much are they getting for the "standard" model these days?

Not a big deal. With less than 30 days until we leave for LA, I'm very go with the flow :-)

Waffle (standard) is 39.00, velour is 49.00.

Do you think IF I wanted to buy a velour onboard they would let us try them on first? Not one out of the package but perhaps one that wasn't being used in a suite.

Do you think IF I wanted to buy a velour onboard they would let us try them on first? Not one out of the package but perhaps one that wasn't being used in a suite.
Hey, anything for a sale, right? Check out the logo store. Seems they have them there as well.

Nikki

Just ask your steward. I'll bet that at the very least he will be able to show you one.

Celebrity wants to "eXceed your eXpectation" so I wouldn't be surprised if you get one or two to use for the cruise.

Charlie

Lot of good opinions on this thread but it is an example of how one question can produce varying subjective answers.

Now, I'll add my opinion. We have both the waffle and terry robes from standard cabins and we love then. I am wearing the terry as I type. They are both large enough for us. I am pretty tall and they are plenty long. My DH is a bit large in the waist (don't tell him I said that) and his fit him just fine. I don't think you will be disappointed. Ours did not shrink. The belts have double loops (for a tall or a short fit). The sleeves are not overly long: fine for DH, a bit short for me but I don't mind that in a robe.

The waffle will not take up much room if you slit the bag and press the extra air out. The terry will be bulky but I bet you would like to have that one, too, so go for it. You can always carry them off in the blue bags provided in the cabin for you to take with you when you disembark.

This was long but I hope it answers your question. Have a wonderful cruise!

I have purchased both styles of robe. We got the thick ones with an anniversary package. But on later cruises I found I love the waffle style. I can wear it more often living in Texas.

Just use the ones from your cabin. Then at the end of the cruise purchase one, and you will get a new one packaged up. It doesn't take up much room.

Debby

Do you remember how much you paid for the robes? I am in need of a new one and since I get to try it first these might be the way to go.

TIA

The waffle will not take up much room if you slit the bag and press the extra air out. The terry will be bulky but I bet you would like to have that one, too, so go for it. You can always carry them off in the blue bags provided in the cabin for you to take with you when you disembark.

This was long but I hope it answers your question. Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks for the information. What kind of bags are you referring to that Celebrity gives you? Are they only for suites? I think I will ask to see the robes and see what happens...hopefully we'll be able to at least try them on and see how we like them. If we actually got to use them for our time on board that would be fantastic but we wouldn't EXPECT that.

Archived