Golden Princess NZ 8/11/18

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I would recommend booking through Viator or perhaps directly to Goodcompany.

Leigh

Thanks very much.

Yes, that tour company has been mentioned a few times and has a good reputation.

It is handy having dedicated train transport in case the ship is a bit late disembarking. 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Perhaps David fixed it, Bridgecam Guru, man of many talents.:classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Glad they got it fixed, cheers.

No such luck .Above pics are from the port of Tauranga cam.,, The bridge cam is still not working, just a black screen and saying  - bound for Akaroa, Must be stuck

Thanks David for the shots of the Golden today at Mt Maunganui. We had a long day - we went to Te Puia at Rotorua. It was quite an interesting day, visiting a kiwi fruit farm and a Manuka honey place on the way to Rotorua. We enjoyed the Maori performance and I even managed some retail therapy purchasing some kiwi fruit relish, body lotion made with Manuka honey and a pair of gloves made from possum fur, merino wool and silk. 

David, the bridge cam is most likely not working due to an incident a few nights ago which affected the tv and internet coverage. 

Auckland tomorrow. 

Leigh

Thanks David, we’ve had a great day in Auckland thanks. What a beautiful city it is. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed our visit to NZ and are hoping the Tasman is kind to us for the next few days for our return to Melbourne. 

Leigh

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Welcome home. 

You had perfect timing with the weather. South Island has had record rainfall and a heavy dosing of snow since you called and today in Auckland it’s so cold I would not be surprised if it snowed here.

Thanks David. I think we were very fortunate with the weather for all the cruise. It did get a little rocky coming home but I wasn’t sea sick which is a big plus. 

Leigh

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Pretty big storm through Melbourne last night. Would have rocked the cradle a little on the way here.

I love that gentle (or even not so gentle) rocking, insleep better on a cruise than at any other time.

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

Thanks David. I think we were very fortunate with the weather for all the cruise. It did get a little rocky coming home but I wasn’t sea sick which is a big plus. 

Leigh

Good news, it can make for trouble coming into port Phillip bay as well.