No gelato or milkshakes on new drink packages???

LadySpoilt

I know the new  "no ice cream or milkshakes" on the new drink packages won't bother a lot of people but it really irritates me!!  I'm not much of a alcohol drinker so the gelato/milkshake perk was important to me.  I paid YC prices for our cruise later this month with the expectation of the gelato and milkshakes being included, now I wonder if that will be honored or if this change is a "magical overnight" immediate change.  It will be interesting to find out how/when this new policy date is implemented.  My guess is though that I'm cruising a few weeks to late for free gelato.

Really disappointed in this as well as we cruise in YC Christmas time and paid thinking we would get the gelato, etc. So, now all it seems to include is alcohol drinks and coffee, which is really disappointing in my opinion since when we booked the cruise we thought we were getting the gelato and milkshakes. 

2 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

The drink comparison chart on MSC USA website still shows the “old” drink packages. Where is the “new” (updated/changed) all-inclusive-drink package posted ? Thanks.

This is what I see now on my booking. 

976E37CB-B7F1-423A-8058-449CA6E45F89.png

1 minute ago, sportslady198 said:

Even no room service for YC? even in the Haven when we were on it, we got room service. Considering, people have already paid a premium price for the YC and already paid the final payment, this is disappointing. 

The ship I'm going on (Armonia) does not have YC.  I would think if room service was included in the "experience" is it unchanged but if it was included in the drink plan we will need to wait and see if they grandfather in those who already booked. 

2 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Thank you. This is the verbal description of the packages, I like to see the side-by-side itemized comparison chart from MSC so that one can compare to the “old” packages.

The chart on the USA website has not been updated.

9 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

NCL all over again ...here we go!

No gelato, milkshakes etc will be a bad loss from my last & recent experience.

Very disappointed to say the least.

At least NCL will honor what you originally paid for. No one knows what MSC will do.I really feel it is in there best interest to honor what we originally paid for. They could lose a lot of cruisers since price point was such a big factor in getting us in the first place. At least me.

• Like 1

I have to disagree with mvh regarding NCL honoring what you originally paid for.  This may be true in some cases but not all.  When the Escape first came out NCL touted the "free Margaritaville". They used that as as very big draw in all their advertising and sale information. That didn't even last thru the first month of sailing.  We booked it long before it even sailed, but they changed Margaritaville to a ala carte venue before our sailing.  As there were 7 of us on this reservation I was furious.  

After writing and complaining (I was one of MANY) they would only offer us one "free" meal there. They would not budge on this.  So the 7 of us did use our "free" voucher and tried to made it count.  We ordered anything and everything we wanted or thought we might want.  We didn't make up for what should have been and entire week of free dining there but we darn sure tried!!

Edited by LadySpoilt

The New packages are for bookings made from today, MSC UK have said that previous purchases will be honoured, I asked because we are on Divina over Xmas, I think the room service part is to do with drinks ordered through them.

As for what each package contains we are still waiting to see, the Premium Super is not available to us to book for some reason, despite us having the Deluxe package.

Aurea cabins from today will get the Easy package instead of the Classic.

Yes, I agree the whole Margaritaville thing sucked and was bad for NCL.   However, that was stated and free, so you never actually paid for something you didn't get.  Also, NCL does not need to chop prices to fill ships.

13 minutes ago, Todd320 said:

Maybe we can get someone currently on the Seaside to "take one for the team" and ask ship management about this. 

Seems on all cruise ships, the cruise ship workers are often LAST to be told of package and policy changes...however it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

30 minutes ago, sidari said:

The New packages are for bookings made from today, MSC UK have said that previous purchases will be honoured, I asked because we are on Divina over Xmas, I think the room service part is to do with drinks ordered through them.

As for what each package contains we are still waiting to see, the Premium Super is not available to us to book for some reason, despite us having the Deluxe package.

Aurea cabins from today will get the Easy package instead of the Classic.

It is very frustrating. My next sailing is Seaview in April so it will be caught up in all this. Mrs Frank just said if only we purchased deluxe package before the changes! But as I replied who pays out £11-1200 four months ahead of sailing, it is a lot of cash. Having just returned from Fantasia with deluxe there are things I would not want to miss out on, but it seems that we will!  

2 minutes ago, cocksparra said:

Just off the phone to MSC UK...all previous bookings will include the package paid for before today. Including Mini bar and gelato. Otherwise new tariffs apply. (I forgot to ask if that included the price increase)

That is good news & fair for anyone splashing out cash well in advance, it is an insult to deny them. But this pill is now hard to swallow. I will seek revenge through breaking the alcoholic record on beer, spirits & cocktails! Poor health choice but gelato & milkshake are not any better in reality lol

• Like 1